Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter 48 Weeds

Chapter 48
Weeds:
That night Julian held me in his arms and told me stories about his family and about the place outside of here. He told me about books and how they told stories of mythical creatures and of the past, near and far. He told me about art and how it could be expressed in a number of ways. It all sounded so beautiful and wonderful, yet strange at the same time. All if these things were hard to imagine and I wished to be able to see them, feel them, do them for myself. Just when the pulls of sleep started to grasp at me, Julian started to sing. His song was soft and quiet and made my heart feel light.

Once there was a way
To get back homeward
Once there was a way
To get back home

Sleep, pretty darling
Do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Golden slumbers
Fill your eyes
Smiles awake you
When you rise

Sleep, pretty darling
Do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Once there was a way
To get back homeward
Once there was a way
To get back home

Sleep, pretty darling
Do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby.

It had been a long time since I had a sweet and peaceful dream, a dream that I never wanted to wake up from. In my dream Julian and I sat atop a bright green hill with a light blue sky splayed out before us. The breeze was soft and gentle and brought with it the scent of honeysuckle and flowers. The afternoon sun was warm and light as it kissed my skin and I felt truly happy. "Mommy, Mommy!" a small, high pitched call came from a young girl, who couldn't be more than three, as she bounded up the hill towards us. Her unruly brown hair bounced behind her, and she had a wild grin on her face that reached her grey speckled eyes.
She plopped down between us and thrusted her tiny fist out to me, showing a crumpled bouquet of weeds. "Look Mommy, I picked you some flowers," she said brightly, clearly proud of how large her collection was. I smiled as I accepted the crumpled mess of weeds, not having the heart to tell her that these were not flowers. "Thank you sweetheart, I'll put these in a vase when we get home. They're very pretty," I said as I stared down at the small child. Her round face brightened at these words and her wild smile grew wider, dimples forming on both cheeks.
"Hey Princess," Julian said as he lifted the little girl up and high over his head. She giggled and kicked her little legs as he bounced her high into the air, catching her just before she landed. "Where's your brother?" He asked as he sat her in his lap and poked her little button nose. Her nose scrunched up at the mention of her brother and her eyes grew wet, "B-bubby told me that I shouldn't give flowers to Mommy, he told me they were weeds," she pouted as she crossed her arms across her chest, "Bubby is a meanie."
"Hey!" A voice called just behind them, followed by a stamp of a foot, "That's not true!" I turned around to see a tall and lanky boy. He had curly pale blonde hair that skirted out behind his ears and fell into his bright hazel eyes. He looked to be about six years old. "Is too!" The little girl yelled back. "Nu huh!" The boy countered. "Yeah huh!" The girl yelled as she jumped to her feet and stared up defiantly to her brother, she barely came to chest. This continued on until Julian broke it up with talk of ice cream. The little girl broke instantly and ran to Julian, yelling about a piggy-back-ride.
I got up and walked over to the little boy, holding out my hand for him, "Come on, let's go get some ice cream." He accepted my hand, but kept his eyes on the ground as we trailed behind Julian and the little girl on his shoulders. "Hey," I said as I ruffled his hair, "they were weeds, but let's keep that our little secret, okay?" He looked up at me with a smile on his face, he was missing one of his teeth and had dirt smeared on his left cheek, but he looked happy as he nodded his head. "Thank you Mama," he said as he jumped up to hug me. He hooked his his arms around my neck and wrapped his legs around my body. I lifted him up and carried him, I could see our house a few feet away now. "So do you want sprinkles on your's?" I asked looking down at the hazel eyes that matched mine. He nodded his head vigorously and a wide and crooked smile formed on his lips. The same smile I fell in love with.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the song look up Golden Dreams by Ben Folds