Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter Seven Reassurance

Chapter 7
Reassurance:
When I had arrived in the kitchen my mother had already finished setting the table for dinner which made me feel slightly guilty for not realising how long I had been with Julian. I had always helped her make supper and set the table. I couldn't remember the last time I hadn't helped her do this. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you," I said softly as I looked at my Mother. "Its fine sweet heart, I know what your feeling. I was eighteen once, you know." She said tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear.
The three of us sat at the small, round table that sat between the kitchen and living room, eating and talking about nothing in particular. When we were done eating I helped my mother clear the table and we washed the dishes together. Her washing and me rinsing. All of this seemed so normal compared to what was currently happening in my life that for a moment I forgot about my Coming and my confusion with Julian.
When we were done with the dishes my Mother and I walked back into the In living room and sat with my Father. My Father sat to my left and my Mother to my right. "Mother?" I asked wanting to know how she had felt about her Coming. "What is it Annabelle?" She asked as she slowly braided my hair.
"How did you feel about your Coming?" I asked keeping true to what I had promised myself earlier. "I think I was the same as you," she started, "I was afraid that I would do all the wrong things. I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of everyone at my work and my husband."
My Father laughed when she was finished, "I'm not so sure your plan worked." I'm guessing my Mother must have given Father a look because his laughing stopped abruptly, "I love you anyways dear. In fact I thought all of your shenanigans were fairly cute," my Father said with adoration in his voice.
We continued talking, my parents each telling of the happenings of their day. When it was my turn I told them exactly how my day went on, like I did every night, only this time I excluded the part about wondering into the Greene's house and meeting Julian.
By the time I was finished it was time for me to get to bed, I had school to attend in the morning. My father kissed my forehead wishing me a goodnight and my mother drew me into a hug, telling me she would see me in the morning.
I got up from my position on the couch telling both of my parents goodnight as I walked toward the hallway. On my way down the hall it struck me again how similar the houses really were and as I turned my door knob I half expected to see Julian waiting in there for me.
That didn't happen though, instead I was greeted with my light blue walls and soft, white carpeting beneath my feet. I laid on my bed and pulled the warm yellow covers up to my chin. I laid there thinking about what answer I would give Julian when I saw him the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I forgot to mention this, so in case you were confused a Coming is when you turn Eighteen and all that comes with it. Thank you for reading!
-Haybel