Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter Nine Pinky Promises

Chapter 9
Pinky Promises:
I slowly closed the door behind me and stood there with my eyes shut tight. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet, dreading what I would see before me or lack there of. "What are you doing?" a familiar voice laughed. My eyes shot open and relief flooded over me. "I was worried you wouldn't come. That maybe I had made you up," I mumbled too embarrassed to meet his eyes.
"Hey," Julian spoke softly as he gently placed his hands on my shoulders. He waited until I looked up at him to continue, "There is nothing to be afraid of. I'll always be waiting here for you. As long as you want me to that is." he said this last part sheepishly but his gaze on me never faltered. "Promise?" I asked wanting to confirm that he was honest about it.
His face lit up as that same crooked smile came back to his face. "Promise," he said holding his pinky finger out to me. I stared at him completely baffled. I understood and completely accepted his promise but as to why he would place his finger out for me left me clueless. "You don't know what a pinky promise is, do you," he asked amusement at my confusion spread on his face.
I shook my head at him but the name made sense for our situation. He laughed a little before explaining, "A pinky promise is like sealing a deal, its just less formal than a hand shake." I guess that made more sense but I still didn't know what to do. "First things first, put your pinky out like mine," Julian waited until I had also put my pinky out before continuing, "now you just wrap it around mine and shake." I did as he said both of us laughing the whole time.
"You, Annabel, have completed your very first pinky promise! I am so very proud of you," Julian joked as we both continued laughing. "Why thank you, Julian," I joked back
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one is short and you still don't know what her answer for Julian is but that will all be in the next one. I'm thinking about making ten longer, maybe even my longest one yet so hopefully it'll make up for this one. I hope you all thought this chapter was as cute as I did! Thank you for reading!
-Haybel