Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

My mom reluctantly allowed me to miss another day of school. But I knew she'd eventually force me to go back to that hellhole. It was apparent that she was still worried about me which was understandable.

I've been locked up in my room for four days only leaving when absolutely necessary. One night I heard her talking to my dad about my behavior. She mentioned something about me seeing a doctor, but my dad--being a therapist himself-- dismissed her logic saying something along the lines of 'He's a teenager. He's just going through one of those weird teenager phases.'

That night I went back to my room and like the baby I am; I cried. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just...hurting.

I planned on staying shut up in my room all day like I have for the pass three days. But a while after my parents left there was a knock on my bedroom door. I sat still and confused and stared blankly at the door until it opened slowly and Violet poked her head in.

My eyes widened in surprise as she stepped into my room. I was confused but also relieved at her sudden appearance. I've missed her. But neither one of us was willing to make the first move. We've never went this long without talking to each other or seeing each other.

I'm glad she finally took the initiative.

Neither one of us said anything for a while. We just stared at each other until she hurried across my room and wrapped her arms around me. I cried and we apologized simultaneously, laughing afterwards.

And then with a deep breath I told her everything, well, except for the part about having a crush on her brother. I'm not ready to confess that just yet. But I did tell her about the group that likes to bully me and what they did to me on that day and how I've been hiding out in my room ever since.

She obviously wasn't happy about it, but what could she do. And I forbade her from telling Leighton, because I didn't want to burden him with my petty problems. But clearly she does not listen which is exactly why I won't tell her about my infatuation with her brother.

Then to make matters worse, he went and confronted them! Which was clear from the blood stains on his shirt. This is definitely what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want him getting caught up in my mess and fighting my battles. And I definitely didn't want him to get hurt, because I couldn't stand up for myself.

But, nevertheless, it was kind of endearing that he did that for me. He fucking stood up for me! That...that had to mean something, right? Maybe there was a little, tiny, minuscule part of him that had feelings for me? Yeah right.

He had to at least care for him to go through all the trouble to confront them though. Right?

I just...I didn't know what to say. So I just stood there staring at Leighton in awe. I think that I might have fallen a little more in love with him. He's...he's my hero.

My cheeks tinge bright as I continue to gaze at him. Luckily he's too busy talking with Violet as she rummages through the snacks he had brought back to notice.

I smile softly as I walk up to Leighton and wrap my arms around his waist. It took him by surprise with the way he jumped slightly at the sudden contact, and it took him a minute before he awkwardly put an arm around me.

All of the three--maybe four--times that I've hugged him have been really awkward, but I didn't mind much.

I pulled away before I got too caught up in the hug and looked up at Leighton.

"Uhm, what was that for?" he asks.

"I...uhm..thank you," I say lamely as my cheeks begin to flare. I know I thanked him already, but I just couldn't thank him enough. I hope I didn't annoy him with all of my 'thank yous'.

"It's really no big deal," Leighton chuckles.

I want to tell him that to me it is a huge deal, but instead I just nod.

"Alright, if you two are finished being all palsy-walsy over there. I'd like to get started with the movie," Violet says with her hands full of some of the snacks.

My whole body felt like it was on fire as I stared at my friend. I knew she was joking, but I just wish she wouldn't say stuff like that especially when Leighton was around.

But of course he thought nothing of it and simply rolled his eyes at his sister before following her to the living room.

I stood glued to that spot until I heard Violet shout "Hey, Gagey, are you going to join us or?" I shook my head as if to shake away all of the feelings that were going through me right now before grabbing what was left of the snacks and joining the siblings in my living room.

Instead of paying attention to whatever movie Violet put on, I kept glancing at Leighton. Not because I'm a total creep who loves to stare at him. He just looked really exhausted. I wonder when the last time he had a decent amount of sleep was.

"Uhm, Leighton?" I say quietly I thought he hadn't heard me until his tired eyes look over at me. "Uhm...you can go lay down in my bed if you want to."

I swear his eyes lit up at my offer. "Really?" he asks and I nod.

"If you want."

"That'd be really nice, thanks."

I let Leighton take my room and Violet and I decided to camp out in the living room. There was a spare room upstairs but it was hardly used and Violet and I thought it'd be be more fun to sleep down here.

While Violet rummaged around my kitchen for more snacks--because apparently all the snacks Leighton brought wasn't enough--I went upstairs to get some blankets.

I was on my way back downstairs after gathering some blankets from the hall closet when I glanced back at my room. I bit my lip as I stared at the shut door.

I didn't want to bother Leighton especially if he was already sleeping or on the verge of falling asleep but...

I made my way towards my room with the blankets still gathered in my arms. I opened the door slowly and poked my head inside. I was glad to see that he was actually asleep. He needed it.

As I continued to stare at Leighton's sleeping form in a non-creepy kind of way I realized that he was in nothing but underwear. In my bed. In nothing but underwear.

I could have fainted but I somehow managed to keep my composure as I quietly entered my room picking up his discarded clothing from the floor. I was going to wash his bloody shirt for him and might as well wash his pants too, right?

Before making my way back out of the door I looked down at Leighton again with my bottom lip between my teeth. Setting the blankets and clothes that were in my arms down for a minute, I pulled the blanket over Leighton's body and quickly but gently placed a gently kiss to his cheek before gathering the discarded things and hurrying out of the room.

I shut the door behind me and leaned against it with flushed cheeks. Ugh, the things he does to me.

Finally my heart-rate slows down and I made my way back downstairs where Violet was back in the living room with a bowl of popcorn.

"Thanks for waiting for me," I say sarcastically as I drop the pile of blankets on the floor.

"You're welcome," she says distractedly. Her eyes were glued on the movie playing and she was too busy stuffing her face with popcorn.

I rolled my eyes, turning around and heading to the laundry room to put Leighton's clothes in the washing machine.

When I made it back into the living room Violet had already put out the blankets and she was lying on her back with her hands behind her head staring up at the ceiling with the TV on mute.

I gave her a confused look as I took a seat beside her grabbing the bowl of popcorn and shuffling a handful in my mouth.

"I really am sorry Gage," Violet says suddenly.

I tore my eyes away from the muted television and look down at Violet who is still staring up at the ceiling. "I know."

She looks up at me with a sad smile. "And I hope that whatever Leighton did to those guys keeps them away from you. You don't deserve what they've done to you."

I return the smile and we sit there in silence for a minute before Violet's smile slowly turns into a smirk and my smile fades into a confused frown.

"What?" I ask hesitantly.

She looked back up at the ceiling, smirk still on her lips. "Don't get mad."

I groan. "What?"

"So, you mentioned something about loving someone or something?"

My eyes grow wide and my cheeks catch fire. Really? Why did she have to remember that?

"Uhm...I....uh...what?"

Violet giggles and turns over on her stomach and takes the TV off of mute. I was glad when she doesn't say anything else and instead stole the bowl of popcorn from me. I sat there for a minute before lying down beside Violet and grabbing a handful of popcorn before turning my attention to the movie she was had put on, Night at the Museum.

"Oh my goodness Ben Stiller is so hot," I sigh.

Violet giggles. "Really, Gage?"

I shrug. "I think so."

"Not as hot as Jensen Ackles though."

"Psh, of course not."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day I awake to someone throwing a pillow at my face. I groan and swat at the pillow before turning back over to go back to sleep.

"Gagey!" I hear Violet's voice sing.

I groan again opening one eye to look up at her. "Wha?"

She giggles. "It's time to get up for school, love," she says.

I sigh and sit up rubbing my eyes. "You don't have to go back today if you're not ready yet," she adds quietly.

I send her a small smile. "It's okay. The bullies weren't the only reason I was hiding out in my room. I was also avoiding inevitable awkward encounters with you," I admitted. "But since Leighton apparently took care of them and since we've made up I don't mind going back to that hellhole."

Violet grins at me. "Well, come on than. Get up and get ready before Leighton leaves us."

"Is he already up?" I ask.

"Yeah. He went home so he could go get ready. Oh and he says thank you for washing his clothes. But why would you do that are you his fucking mom or something?"

My cheeks flush as I begin to fold the blankets. "No, I just-He had blood on his shirt and it was my fault so I just thought-" I shrug halfheartedly as I finish the blankets and place them on the couch.

Violet just rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Just go get pretty so we can go already."

I laugh. "What is this? Violet's actually eager to get to school? Did I miss something?"

"I'm not eager! I just can't miss another day or my mom will flip the fuck out."

"Yeah, let's just go with that," I say smirking at her. She glares at me and throws a pillow at my head.

"Ow," I whine as I rub the spot the pillow hit.

Violet's cackling on the living room floor and I ignore her as I go up to my room. I'm glad things are back to normal. I open the door to see my bed made up. I smiled to myself and went to get clothes for today before making my way into the bathroom.

Once I was dressed for the day I went back downstairs to the living room where Leighton had joined Violet. Violet was rambling on about something and Leighton looked like he was barely listening. I wonder if Violet even noticed. Probably not.

"Finally, took you like twenty hours!" she exasperates as I come into the living room.

I roll my eyes at her and then turn my attention to Leighton taking my lip between my teeth. "Uhm, good morning Leighton. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes! Thanks for lending me your bed."

"Y-yeah. No problem."

We all headed out the door and got into Leighton's car and made our way towards school. It felt as though Violet and I never even had a sort of falling out as we sat in the backseat talking about random things.

I tried ignoring the churning feeling in the pit of my stomach but it seemed like it just got worse as Leighton pulled into the student parking lot. I was on edge all day. I know Leighton said he'd taken care of it but I just couldn't shake this feeling. I felt unsafe.

Before going to lunch I stopped by the restroom while Violet waited for me by the lockers. When I entered the restroom I was met with the stench of pot and the familiar faces of my bullies. I was frozen to my spot, unable to move or say anything.

One of them noticed me standing in the doorway and nudged the leader. I gulped as he looked up at me. All eyes were on me and I stood there waiting for the inevitable. But they never said or did anything. They simply put out their joints and scurried out of the restroom.

I was so shocked and confused and happy that I didn't even need to pee anymore.

I stood their for a few more minutes before my stomach growled and I exited the restroom and went to find Violet waiting impatiently by the lockers.

"Ugh, about time! Why do you spend forever in the restroom?" she groans than her eyebrow raises as she looks at me. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost or something?"

I blink and look at her. "I-I went to the restroom and they...my bullies were in there-"

"They didn't hurt you did they?" her voice immediately filled with concern.

I shook my head dazedly. "No. They didn't do anything. They just looked at me and left," I say in disbelief.

Violet grins. "That's good! That means whatever the hell Leighton did really took a toll on them!"

A smile slowly made its way on my lips as I nodded. That feeling I've been feeling all day was gone. I felt a little more secure and...and happy.

Once we entered the cafeteria I immediately scanned it for Leighton. When I spotted him sitting at a table by himself my smile grew wider and my stomach begin to flip, but not like this morning it was a good kind of feeling.

I almost ran over to him, but immediately caught myself and settled for a fast walk.

When I finally made it to him I instantly wrapped my arms around him in a hug which definitely caught him off guard and my face begin to heat up.

I was so overwhelmed with gratefulness. For a second I had this sudden urge to kiss him and tell him how much I loved him for standing up for me, but to keep from embarrassing myself and making things more strained and awkward between us I held it all in.

Instead I just whispered a quiet 'thank you'. My arms were still wrapped around him and the hug was kinda awkward and he stiffly wrapped an arm around me. But I didn't care how awkward it was.

And I didn't care about how afterward I'd think about how close I am to him, how my face was buried in his neck and how I'd make a big deal out of this and how Leighton won't even care.

Right now I was just overwhelmed with happiness. This was a big deal to me even though it was probably just a friendly gesture to Leighton. And whatever he did actually had an effect on those menacing jerks.

And I'd be forever thankful.

Yeah, he's definitely my hero.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, what do you guys think? Gage is back to himself though! c:

A big thanks to
Izzy826,
Silas.Motionless,
Sarcastically Blunt,
starkidfankid04,
bubblyambie327,
ShadowArcher,
polka dot perfection,
Alexeerumis,
Bludgeoned.Brittany,

&
typhlophile
for the amazing comments!
Please keep them coming! As I've said before we love and appreciate your feedback.

<3 Josh Cutlip.