Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

You know when you're having a dream and it feels too real to be a dream, but sometimes it's also not likely to happen in reality so obviously it can't be real but for some reason your subconscious still proceeds it as reality?

Maybe its because you somehow know it is a dream, but you want it to be reality so bad you process it as reality?

I don't know. This just feels too much like a dream to be real.

There is just no way in this lifetime (or any lifetime really) that Leighton would ever kiss me nevertheless ask me to be his boyfriend.

I laid awake last night in Leighton's arms thinking about what happened until all the thinking and worrying finally tired me out.

Now I'm wide awake and still trying to comprehend what the hell happened last night. Did Leighton really kiss me? Did he really ask me to be his boyfriend?

I was so confused I wanted to cry, because where the hell did that come from? Was he harboring feelings for me too or was that just a spur of the moment thing?

But then I also want to squeal because even though it all feels like a dream, Leighton did kiss me and he did ask me to be his boyfriend. Well, he said "I want you to be my boyfriend" but it was all the same, right?

Ugh, damn him for being so hard to read all the time!

I let out a quiet groan and buried my face into Leighton's clothed chest. This was too much to think about right now. It all just feels too good to be true.

Sighing, I carefully removed myself from Leighton's arms. I wasn't going to run away and hide; I just needed time to think things through.

Obviously I wanted nothing more than to be with Leighton, but what if- what if it was just some joke? What if the guy whose party it was dared him to do it or something?

No, Leighton wouldn't do that. I'm just over thinking as usual. I was starting to give myself a headache.

I was almost to the front door when I heard groaning coming from the living room. So, I made a detour and went into the living room to see Violet sprawled out on the couch.

Her hair was a mess, the paint was smeared everywhere and she was still wearing her costume. I grinned and made my way over to her taking a seat on the arm of the couch closest to Violet's head.

"Aww, is the alcohol catching up to you?" I tease.

"Shut uuuup," she groans and I giggle as I run my fingers through her tangled hair.

Deciding to be a good friend, I get up from my seat and grab some pills from their medicine cabinet and get a glass of water for her.

I poke Violet's forehead earning a groan from her. "Take these and drink this," I order.

She groans and sits up to take the pills and drink the water and then she's laying back down.

"Thanks, Gagey, you're the best."

I just smile and run my fingers through her hair. I wish she wasn't currently battling a hangover so she could help me sort things out, but she wasn't even aware about my feelings for her brother in the first place.

What would she think if we were suddenly dating? She'd definitely be upset that I didn't tell her sooner.

I let out a sigh and get up from my new seat on the floor. "I'm gonna go make breakfast," I announce to Violet who lets out some incoherent response.

I smile, shaking my head at my friend and make my way to the kitchen to make breakfast...or brunch. I glance at the clock to see that it is nearly noon.

I set about making eggs and sausage and biscuits. When I'm finished I cover everything up and yell to Violet that I'm leaving.

I think she probably fell asleep again though. I go into the living room to see that I was correct and I place a throw over her before going home.

When I make it home I find that no one is there. So, I just go up to my room to get clothes and head to the bathroom to take a shower.

I slip on a sweater after ky shower and don't even bother to dry my hair as I make my way into my room. I fall back onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling.

I'm thinking about last night and kissing Leighton, and even though I didn't think my first kiss would be on a couch at a Halloween party (nor did I think it'd be with Leighton) it was pretty amazing. Mostly because it was with Leighton.

Then all of a sudden-as if I just realized it--I shoot up in bed with wide eyes.

"Holy fuck, Leighton kissed me!"

And I'm biting my lip to keep from grinning like a fool and I grab a stuffed bear and hug it to my chest as I grin thinking about it.

It was everything I imagined it'd be and more. And I want to do it again and again and forever. And I should probably get up and go back to the McQuin's and tell Leighton "Yes, I want to be your boyfriend!" and demand that he kiss me again.

I quickly sit up in my bed and I almost run out the house without any pants on, but thankfully i notice before I do and I quickly slip on some sweats and run down the stairs and next door.

Even though I didn't like to just barge into their home, I let myself in this time and I almost bump into Violet who has a plate of food in her hands and is heading to the living room.

"What are you doing?"she asks.

"Can't talk now," I say quickly as I run up the stairs.

I stumble on a couple of steps but don't fall until I get to the top. But I don't get a face full of carpet, instead I'm caught before I can hit the ground and then I'm looking up into beautiful, lazy eyes that are so so blue.

And Leighton's looking down at me and all of the doubts I had quickly turn into mush and I've made up my mind. (Though I actually made up my mind before I came over.)

"Okay," I say breathlessly.

"Okay?" Leighton repeats, his eyebrows scrunching together in confusion.

I nod my head. "Okay, I uh-I-I want to be your boyfriend," I say. God I sounded so stupid.

My face is red and I'm still staring into Leighton's eyes. For a second I thought he was going to laugh at me or something along those lines, but he doesn't.

"Really?" he asks. He sounded...relieved? I simply nod afraid that I'd say something stupid.

"C-Can I kiss you?" I ask quietly. Well, looks like I just said something stupid.

Leighton laughs and for a minute I thought he was going to make fun of me or something, but instead he places a hand on my cheek and bend down to bring our faces closer.

I watch his every move until he brought our lips together and my eyes slowly slipped shut, and I let out a content sigh as our lips moved together.

I've dreamed of this moment so many times I never thought that it'd ever actually happen. But now that it was I don't think I'll ever get enough.

This definitely feels like a dream, but I don't think I want to wake up from it.

It felt all too soon when we were pulling away. I stared up at him and he smiled down at me before taking my hand and leading me to his room. He closed the door behind us and we took a seat on his bed.

"So, how do we bring this up to Violet?" He asks suddenly.

I looked up at him and then down at my lap and shrug. Knowing her she'll probably make a big deal out of it. I get to make a big deal out of it because, well, I've wanted this to happen for so long and it's finally happening! Violet will probably just make things...awkward or something. I love the girl, but sometimes she can be a little overbearing.

"Can we just wait and tell her?" I ask. "I know she'll probably be upset that we didn't tell her right away, but I-I just want-I just want to have you for myself for a while." I'm blushing immediately after I say that and I kinda want to punch myself, because I sound kind of possessive.

"Or we can tell her now if you want," I quickly say. "It's just...you know how Violet is and I just want to be with you without Violet interfering right now," I explain as my face turns a shade darker.

Leighton chuckles and I look up at him. "We don't have to tell her now if you don’t want to."

I smile at him and it kind of feels weird openly looking at him with adoration while he stares back at me, but it also feels good and makes my stomach flip.

"Good, because all I want to do right now is kiss you," I admit shyly.

I quickly look down at my lap and I hear Leighton laugh and then he gently lifts my chin up and places a hand on one of my flushed cheeks. We're staring into each other's eyes until he closes the space between us and we're kissing again.

We could tell Violet that we're dating tomorrow or the next day or next month or whatever. Right now I just wanted to revel in this moment a little while longer, because I'm finally Leighton McQuin's boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this was okay? ;D

Thanks so much for the comments!
starkidfankid04
Misfit Toy
Alexeerumis
&
Sarcastically Blunt


Don't forget to check out our other story: Deadly