Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

I really wasn't looking forward to the Thanksgiving gathering tonight. I just don't think I can face Leighton after what happened with Elliot. I had contemplated feigning sick so I could hide out in my room for the rest of the day, but I know I've already put my parents through enough with my remote behavior.

So, I had to suck up all of my insecurities and deal with it. Better said than done, but I guess I have to try.

I was laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling when there was a knock on my door. Then Violet took it upon herself to invite herself in.

She gave me a small smile as she shut the door behind her and took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Hey, you okay?" she asks.

I just shrug. Because, really? The guy she tried to set me up with after she decided she had control over my and Leighton's relationship decided to kiss me out of nowhere and I'm definitely still head over heels for her brother. So, no. No, I'm not okay.

Violet lets out a sigh and places her hand on my leg. "I'm sorry that happened, Gage. Elliot's an idiot, but he's really sorry and feels so bad about what happened..."

I just stared at Violet. Her lips were constantly moving, but I wasn't really keeping up with any of the words that were coming out. Elliot can be sorry and I may eventually forgive him, but it doesn't take what he did back. And I actually think that Violet was happy he made a move.

I think Violet caught on to the fact that I wasn't actually listening to a word she said, but a knock at the door interrupted whatever she was about to say. She let out a sigh and got up to open the door. She stood in the door talking to whoever was on the other side and then she disappeared and Leighton was standing in my room.

And then I found myself telling Leighton everything that happened and then, then he kisses me and all of my worries seemed to evaporate. I'm pretty sure it was just a say of getting me to shut up, but I didn't mind. I liked kissing him.

When he tells me that Violet is okay with us being together I feel a little bad for not listening to her earlier. I should apologize to her. Maybe.

Right now I just wanted to take in the fact that Leighton was mine again. Like it wasn't joke, I could actually be with him again. Unless...unless he didn't want to try again.

I voiced my thoughts to him and he responded by kissing me. I took that as a good sign, but I still find myself asking, "So that means you do want to try again?"

Leighton laughs and places another kiss on my lips. "Yes."

Honestly, it was really sad that Violet held so much control over our relationship. This time I wasn't going to let her-or anyone for that matter-ruin this. I was going to hold on to Leighton as tight as I could. I wasn't going to let him go this time.

I wasn't ready to go downstairs yet, so we lay in my bed cuddled together until my mom knocked on the door and told us to come down stairs. My face went red and I moved away from Leighton as quick as I could when my mother opened the door.

"Boys, everything's ready you can come down and eat now," she says glancing between us.

"Okay, we'll be down there in a bit," Leighton responds.

My mom smiles and nods before closing the door and I sigh and lay back in my bed.

"So, you don't want your mom to know?"

I look up at Leighton and then sit up quickly when I realized what he was talking about. "No," I say quickly. "I mean no, I don't want her to not know. I mean I do want her to know. I just..." I shrug pathetically.

Leighton chuckles and kisses me. I don't hesitate to kiss back and honestly I wouldn't mind staying in my room and just doing this for the rest of the night. But I'm sure everyone will be suspicious and my stomach starts making noises anyway.

Leighton pulls away and laughs while I pout. "Let's go get you something to eat before Violet eats it all." I smile and nod in agreement.

"Or my dad," I add.

As we make our way downstairs I grab Leighton's hand and smile to myself when he laces our fingers together. I don't let go of his hand until we reach the table.

"Oh my god, finally!" Violet lets out an exaggerated groan. "I thought we all were going to die of starvation with how long it was taking you two."

I stick my tongue out at my best friend and Leighton rolls his eyes at his sister.

"I agree with Violet," my dad says.

"Of course you do," I reply as I take a seat next to my best friend and Leighton takes the empty seat next to me.

Violet and my dad definitely did not hesitate to dig in before we could even sit down properly.

As everyone begins to pile food on their plates and fall into conversation, I sit silently just taking in everything and enjoying the atmosphere, getting lost in my thoughts.

I think back to earlier when Leighton asked me if I didn't want my mom to know about us. I felt bad for pulling away from him, because of course I wanted her to know. I wanted everyone to know. Not just our families, also the people at school-my bullies included.

I just didn't know how to go about telling everyone-our families I mean. I didn't want to announce it and I didn't want to just be all over him because...awkward. And indefinitely didn't want all of the attention on us. And what if Ms. McQuin's boyfriend was homophobic? That definitely would ruin everything.

Im snapped out of my thoughts by someone nudging me and I look up at Leighton.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his voice full of concern.

I smile at him and nod. "Yeah, just thinking."

He still looks at me curiously but before he can say anything else Violet grabs my attention.

"So, everything good?" she asks.

I nod. "Of course, everything is always delicious."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not talking about the food, idiot. I mean, you know, with you and Leighton?"

"Oh." A smile immediately lit up my face and I looked at my best friend who rolls her eyes again but smiles back.

"I take that as a yes." She says.

I nod and she says "good" before going back to her food.

We fell out of conversation and I tuned into the conversation that was going on around me. My mom was bringing out the dessert, and my dad was asking Ms. McQuin's boyfriend about his opinion on some sporting thing or something like that. So far I hadn't found anything wrong with him. My parents seemed to like him and Ms. McQuin was certainly looking at him with so much love and adoration.

"Have you decided to give your mom's boyfriend a chance?" I ask Violet.

She shrugs and look over at him. He had his arm around the back of her mom's chair. "He's good until he fucks up."

"I don't think he will," I say truthfully.

Violet shrugs and doesn't say anything else so I guess it's the end of that conversation. I turn to Leighton, but find the seat empty. I frown. I didn't even notice he got up. Wow, I was definitely a horrible boyfriend.

I was about to ask Violet if she knew where he went when Leighton appeared with a bowl in his hands. He set the bowl in front of me and my eyes lit up when I saw what it was: peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. It was one of my favorite desserts. I looked up at him and grinned.

"You're the best!" I say as he sits down. "I could just kiss you right now."

"You could. I won't be complaining," Leighton says with a shrug and casually took a bite of the pie sitting in front of him.

I bit my lip and glanced around the table. Everyone was caught up in their own conversations, so I leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"That's not what I was expecting, but I'll take it."

I giggle and took a bite of my dessert.

- - - - -

"I'm so full," I groan, leaning against Leighton when we finished eating.

My sad and Ms.McQuin's boyfriend went straight to the living room afterwards while me, Violet and Leighton helped our moms clean up. Our moms joined the men in the living room while we sat around the table.

"Can we go back to your place and watch movies?" I ask Leighton.

"Sure."

"Without me?" Violet asks.

I sleepily look up at my friend and smile. "You can come too."

"Nah, it's okay. I'll give you two space," she says getting up from the table.

I look up at Leighton and he shrugs. We get up from the table and walk next door to his place. As soon as we step inside I go straight for the couch. Leighton sits next to me and plays some random movie on Netflix.

I cuddle close to his side and shut my eyes. I smile as Leighton wraps his arms around me and let out a content sigh. Yeah, I didn't really want to watch a movie. I just wanted to do this.

I still couldn't believe that Violet was okay with us. Everything was perfect now: Violet and I were okay again, she was okay with me and her brother being together and Leighton wanted to try 'us' again. Violet can't go back now, because I'm not letting Leighton go this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhmm...Didn't mean to take this long. Hope you guys enjoyed it though.

But anywho Thank you so much to the following for your lovely comments!

Sarcastically Blunt
starkidfankid04
Alexeerumis
mi_sangre
Breathe It In