Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

I was currently laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling with a big grin on my face. I haven't felt this happy in awhile- since Leighton first kissed me and asked me to be his boyfriend actually.

It wasn't that long ago, but it feels like forever ago.

It didn't even phase me when Violet would send us miffed looks whenever we kissed or were "too close". I'll admit it was kind of annoying because she did say she was okay with us being together. But I didn't let it get to me too much.

I was too caught up in happiness to even be bothered by Violet's behavior.

Honestly she was just going to have to get over it and deal with it. I didn't want to deal with anymore drama, so for now I kept my mouth shut.

I just wanted to be myself again instead of the Gage living in misery. My phone dinged beside me and I grabbed it to see I had a text from Leighton.

I smiled and quickly opened the message.

Hey, let's go out tonight.

My eyes lit up and I sat up in my bed immediately typing out my response.

We obviously haven't been on a date since that time we went to the movies and then after that Violet stuck her nose where it didn't belong and everything went downhill.

But now since we're together again we can go on dates whenever we please.

I get out of bed and throw on some clothes and make my way downstairs. I wanted to go over there now, because can't wait until tonight to see Leighton. Or... Maybe I should stay here until tonight. He'd probably think I'm being clingy or something. I mean we see each other just about everyday (due to us being neighbors and everything).

"Finally decided to show your face?" My father said as I entered the kitchen.

I shrug as I take a seat at the table and lay my head down. Okay there goes my happy mood. Now I was worrying about whether Leighton thought I was too clingy or not.

He would tell me, right? No, because he wouldn't want to hurt my feelings.

"What are you plans for the day?" My mother asks placing a cup of tea in front of me.

I sit up and thank her before taking the cup in my hands.

"Uhm, hanging out," I say with a shrug.

My dad laughs and I look up at him. "With that boyfriend of yours?"

My cheeks heat up and I hide behind my cup of tea avoiding eye contact.

"Aw, I just can't get over the fact that my baby has a boyfriend now," my mom gushes.

I groan and set my cup down. "Can you guys please."

"And don't think he's not going to get a good talking to."

"Dad, you don't have to worry about anything. It's Leighton, he's not going to do anything stupid."

"But your my son and it's my duty as a father to threaten your boyfriend's life if he does anything to hurt you."

I roll my eyes. "Okay, but just make sure I'm far far away when you have this unnecessary conversation and try not to scare my boyfriend away."

"Gavin, Leighton is such a sweet young man I don't think we have anything to worry about."

"Thanks mom," I say sending her a smile.

"He's still going to get a good talking to."

"Of course he will," I say rolling my eyes and taking a sip of my tea.

It was nice having a nice sit down with my parents. Honestly I can't remember the last time the three of sat down like this.

With all of these emotions taking course in me and all of this drama with Violet and everything, I haven't been making time for my family. And wanting to spend every waking moment with Leighton doesn't really help much.

I should make it a priority to spend more time with my parents especially after all of the worry I had put on them.

"Good morning Callaghan family." My parents and I look up to see Violet entering the kitchen. "Sorry, am I intruding?"

"Yes," I say only half joking at the same time my mom says "No, not at all."

My mom smacks my shoulder as she stands up. "Would you like a cup of tea?" She asks Violet.

"Yes, please," Violet responds taking a seat next to me.

"So, what do you want to do today, Gage?" She asks me.

"Oh, well-I uhm..."

I look up at my dad and he laughs as he shakes his head and stands up from the table. "You're on your own,kid."

My mom places a cup of tea in front of Violet and takes my dad's discarded dishes to the sink.

"So, what are you not telling me?" Violet asks giving me a suspicious look.

My cheeks heat up and I bring my cup to my lips. Violet grabs my wrist and glares at me. I let out a defeated sigh and she lets go but still gives me an unsettling look.

"I already have plans," I shrug, trying to be nonchalant.

Violet laughs and it was my turn to glare at her. "What?"

She shakes her head still laughing. "Nothing. Nothing. What do these plans consist of?"

"Actually, I'm going out with Leighton."

Violet stops laughing. "Oh, well have fun with that."

She takes a drink of her tea and things are quiet and a little awkward.

"But that's later tonight, we can hangout now though," I say quickly.

"No, that's okay I'll just drink my tea and leave."

"Violet," I sigh.

"Really, its fine, Gage."

We sat in silence, me staring into my now cold tea and Violet taking small sips of hers.

"So..." Violet sighs sitting her cup down. I look up at her curiously, patiently waiting for her to continue. "can I help you pick out an outfit?

I smile softly at her. "Uhm, yeah but we're not really going anywhere fancy." At least I dont think we are.

She shrugs. "You still have to look cute."

I roll my eyes. "I think I look pretty cute every day."

Violet just laughs as she stands up, grabs my hand and drags me up stairs to my room.

- - - - - - - -

Violet ended up picking out a purple flannel and dark skinny jeans for me to wear. Afterwards I convinced her to stay and we watched a couple of movies before she left.

Now it was time for my date with Leighton. It was weird that I haven't seen him all day. But I got the chance to hang out with Violet alone. Hopefully that improves her sour mood if only a little.

There was a knock at the door and I smiled as I hurried to get before either of my parents could.

When I opened the door Leighton was standing there and before he could even say anything I stood on the tips of my toes and pressed my lips against his. I clutched onto his shirt and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you two just going to makeout in the doorway all night long?"

I quickly pull away from my boyfriend and bury my face in his chest. Why, why must parents be so damn embarrassing?

Leighton laughs and rubs my back. "Sorry, Mrs. Callaghan. Just got caught up in the moment."

My mom laughs. "You boys have fun and be safe."

"We will." I feel Leighton place a kiss to my head and I look up at him. "Ready? He asks.

I nod and pull away from him. We say goodbye to my mom, and she closes the door behind us.

Leighton opens the car door for me and I blush and thank him before getting in. When he's in the car and we're pulling off I grab his free hand. I turn to look out the window as my cheeks heat up when he intertwines our fingers.

The ride was mostly spent in a comfortable silence with random conversation here and there. "So, where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see," Leighton replies and I pout. He laughs as he glanced over at me. "We're almost there."

A few minutes later we pulled into a bowling alley and I laughed. "I haven't been bowling in a while," I say staring up at the building. "Just a warning, but I suck really bad."

"Don't worry; I'll go easy on you."

So, Leighton wasn't the greatest at bowling but he was definitely better than me. We were in the 6 frame and I only had 65 points while Leighton had 102. And I just threw a gutter ball.

I pouted as I walked back to the machine where the ball comes out.

"Do you want me to get them to put the bumpers up?" Leighton teases.

I stick my tongue out at him and grab the ball. I roll the ball down the lane and to my surprise it's going in a straight path and then it decides to go more to the left and knocks down two pins.

I huff and walk back to Leighton who is laughing at me. "Stop making fun of me."

"Aww, I'm sorry." He walks over to me and kisses me and I feel a little weird kissing in public, but I don't pull away, instead I deepen it.

When we pull away I'm blushing and Leighton smiles at me before grabbing his bowling ball. He makes a strike and in the last frame I finally make a spare. Of course Leighton wins the game though.

Afterwards we go to a restaurant. I felt bad that Leighton was spending all this money on me so I tried telling him that we could just eat at home. But of course he didn't listen to me.

When we were seated I sat beside him instead of across from him and snuggled into his side and he wrapped an arm around me. I didn't care if people stared or if they didn't like it.

Our waitress came over to take our drink orders and of course she had to be one of those...overly excited girls. I hid my face in Leighton's shoulder as she cooed about how we were "so cute" and how I was "so adorable".

At least she wasn't awkward and uncomfortable I guess. She brought back our drinks and took our food orders be for leaving again.

"I had fun bowling even though you made fun of me," I say.

Leighton chuckles. "Well, I'm glad."

I look up at him and he kisses me. My face heats up. "Just don't let the waitress see us."

"She would have a field day if she saw us kissing," Leighton says and I nod in agreement.

When our food arrived I sat up so we could eat. We had light conversation as we ate and I just couldn't keep the smile off of my face. I look over at Leighton and lean over to place a kiss on his cheek.

He turns to look at me and I giggle. "What?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me.

I shake my head. "Nothing" I say and lay my head on his shoulder.

I was just happy that he was mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long...again. I know I always take forever to get my chapters out but I hope you all enjoy it! Just more cute stuff. ^_^

And next month will be a year since we started this story! That's so exciting! Thank you to everyone who has been sticking with us so far.

And a big thank you to the following for commenting:
Alexeerumis
Gem_Jar93
Sarcastically Blunt