Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

"I'm gonna steal this," I say motioning to the hoodie I just took from Leighton's closet.

Leighton looks up at me and laughs. "Okay, it looks way cuter on you anyways," he says with a shrug.

"I don't think so," I say as I make my way over to him.

"Do you really want to argue about who looks cuter in my jacket?" Leighton asks raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, because we both know I'd win anyway," I reply as I take my seat next to him.

He laughs and wraps an arm around me pulling me into his side. "Whatever you say, Gage."

I giggle as he places a kiss on my forehead and I lay my head on his shoulder and let out a content sigh.

It felt kind of weird without Violet around. It felt really odd not hearing her voice and hearing her whine and complain about everything. I don't think we ever went so long apart from each other. I miss her, but I think it's for the best.

I just hope she doesn't bring back more drama with her. That was the last thing we needed.

I haven't even spoken to her since she left. I don't know if I should call her or just wait for her to call me.

Anyway, I'm just really excited that I get to spend the entire winter vacation with my boyfriend without Violet interfering.

My phone begins to ring beside me and I inwardly groan. I was really comfortable and I really didn't feel like moving. But what if it's Violet?

Sighing, I reluctantly sit up and grab my phone. "Hey," I answer.

"Hi, Gage."

Damn it. It's Elliot. I get up from the couch and walk towards the kitchen. "Oh, hey Elliot."

"Hey, uhm...I was just wondering if you wanted to hangout?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Elliot. I already have plans." And by plans I mean do absolutely nothing with my boyfriend..and maybe makeout a little.

"Oh, okay. I understand," Elliot replies somewhat solemnly.

I wince at the sound of his voice. "Elliot-"

"No, its okay really," he quickly interrupts me. "Maybe some other time?"

"Uhm, yeah. Maybe."

It's quiet for a moment and I think he hung up until he sighs. "Gage, I'm really sorry."

I roll my eyes and sigh. "I know. You've told me a thousand times and I forgave you a thousand times. And I forgive you for the thousandth and one time. Now stop apologizing. It's in the past."

"I know, I know. Sorry, I just still feel really bad."

"It's okay." Not really.

There's another long moment of silence until Elliot finally speaks. "I'll talk to you later, Gage."

"If you think that's why I don't want to hangout it's not. I really do have plans, Elliot."

Elliot lets out a soft laugh. "I believe you."

"I just don't want you to think..." I trail off.

"It's okay, Gage. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah..."

We hang up and I let out a sigh as I stand in the middle of the kitchen staring at my phone.

Things have been pretty awkward between Elliot and I since that incident at the mall. And now since Leighton and I don't have to hide our relationship from Violet, we openly hold hands and stuff at school so it makes things with Elliot that more awkward.

I haven't exactly talked to him about what happened. I just wanted to pretend like it didn't, but he keeps apologizing.

I haven't really thought about it before because I was too upset about it, but why did he do it? Why did he kiss me?

Was it just on a whim? People just don't randomly kiss people like that though. Well, they shouldn't anyways. But when Leighton kissed me it caught me off guard too. But that's totally different though!

Did it mean something to Elliot?

I should stop thinking about it so much; I'm seriously giving myself a headache.

I set my phone in the counter and let out another sigh. Suddenly I felt arms around me causing me to jump in surprise.

I turned around at the sound of Leighton's laughter. "Sorry, babe, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Than why are you laughing?

"I'm not." He says with grin on his face. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh..uhm yeah, Elliot just wanted to hang out," I answer with a shrug. "But I would much rather hangout with you."

"Oh, really?"

"Mhmm." I closed the gap between us and wrap my arms around him, laying my head on his chest.

Leighton wraps his arms around my waist and I just can't help the smile that creeps on my face.

I just wanted to forget about Elliot and the incident, and all of the cluttered mess in my head.

"Can we just watch movies and eat a lot of junk food for the rest of the day?" I ask lifting my head up to look at Leighton.

"Sure. Whatever you want to do."

I smile and lean up to kiss Leighton before grabbing his hand and going into the living room leaving my phone and thoughts forgotten.

I made myself comfortable in Leighton's lap and put on a romantic comedy--despite Leighton's protests-- that looked interesting.

Most of my attention was fixated on my boyfriend instead of the movie though. I carelessly drew random shapes on his clothes chest with my finger and every now and again I'd look up at him and when his eyes were on the screen I'd lean up and kiss him.

Soon enough I was straddling his lap, and the movie just became background noise.

"You're making it really difficult to watch the movie," Leighton says as I pull away.

"You didn't even want to watch this one," I giggle, placing my hands on either side of his face.

"That's true." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against him.

I slowly lean in and place my lips on his.

If someone told little thirteen year old me that in my sophomore year of high school Leighton would be my boyfriend, I'd think they were absolutely crazy. Because there was no way in hell that Leighton would ever reciprocate my feelings, but here we are now.

When we finally pull away for air, I wrap my arms around Leighton and bury my face in the crook of his neck. I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me and everything, but maybe it's too soon for that? I'll tell him one day though.

I just hope that Leighton doesn't ever get tired of me. He said he wouldn't, but what if he does? I don't see myself ever being with anyone else but him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long D: But I hope you guys enjoy it.

And thanks so much for the comments
Izzy826
Sarcastically Blunt
Alexeerumis