Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

As soon as the door shut behind Leighton I ket out a huge, exasperated sigh and went into the kitchen where my mom had disappeared to. I lean against the counter and prop up my elbow, small sighs continuously escaped my mouth until my mom finally turned to look at me.

"Gage, do you plan on sulking for those five hours?"

"I'm not sulking," I grumble.

My mom gives me a discerning look. "Sweetie, I'm really happy that you have a boyfriend and everything, and I completely understand that you want to be with him 24/7. But you shouldn't get so wrapped up in him or your relationship that you forget about your friends, yourself and everything else. It's unhealthy."

I was "wrapped up" in him before we even started dating. "I'm not forgetting about anyone," I sigh. "I just like being with Leighton more than anyone else," I mumble.

I think my mom heard me anyways by the way she was looking at me in disapproval. "Gage-"

"Mom, he's my first boyfriend and if anything potentially goes wrong, my last, because honestly I don't want to be with anyone else. So, it's only natural that I want to spend every moment I can with him." I explain. "And plus everyone else is just too annoying to deal with."

My mom lets out a sigh, a hint of a smile on her lips. "And that's fine. But you should still do something instead of moping around. Go out with some friends and get fresh air."

"Fine," I groan before turning to leave.

My mom calls me and I turn around. "You really like him,don't you."

My cheeks are so freaking red, I can tell because they are on fire now. "Mom," I whine even though a smile was threatening to appear.

I turn and make my way to the living room before she could say anything else. I was not about to talk about my relationship with my mother.

I sigh and take a seat on the couch turning the television on as I do so. I couldn't focus on whatever was playing on the screen though. What my mom said was kind of getting to me. I didn't want to neglect my friends. I didn't want to be that friend.

I also didn't want to be super clingy and annoy Leighton. Letting out an aggravated sigh, I turn the Tv off and head up stairs to my room.

I grab my phone off if the dresser and have a staring contest with it before finally deciding to dial Elliot's number.

"Gage?" Elliott's voice answers from the other end.

"H-hey, Elliott."

"Hey. Is everything okay?"

"Uhm, yeah I was just wondering if you weren't busy if you wanted to hangout. I completely understand if you're too busy though."

Elliott laughs."I'm not busy. My mom can drop us off at the mall or something. She has errands to run anyway."

"Oh, okay. Cool, sounds great. Uhm I'll text you my address?"

"Yeah, sounds great. See ya later than?"

"Yeah..."

I hang up and fall back on my bed with a sigh. I send Elliott my address and before making my way downstairs I slip on the jacket I stole from Leighton-so he could be with me in some form.

I tell my mom that I'm going to hangout with a friend and a big smile spreads across her face.

About fifteen minutes later Elliott and his mom were here to get me, and then she was dropping us off at the mall.

We thank his mom and she tells us to call her when we're ready and we wave her off. And when she's out of sight silence falls between us. The atmosphere feels tense and uncomfortable and I can already tell that this was a bad idea.

Thanks mom.

"So, how has your vacation been so far?" Elliott asks as we enter the mall.

I shrug. "Okay, and yours?"

"A lot of family activities."

"Sounds fun."

Elliott laughs in response and shrugs. "Better than sitting around doing nothing."

I nod and silence engulfs us again.

"So, uhm how are you and Leighton?"

I stop in my tracks and turn to look at Elliott. "You don't have to ask if you're not interested," I say as I start walking again.

"Just trying to start conversation," he mumbles.

I sigh. "We're great."

"Oh, well...that's good."

It was silent between us again and it was making me uncomfortable and irritable. I didn't ask to hang out so we could walk around in an awkard silence.

"Elliott," I sigh as I stop walking again.

"Sorry," he mumbles.

"I told you to quit apologizing. Let's just forget about everything and have fun, 'kay?"

Elliott nods and we continue walking in an almost comfortable silence until he pulls me into a store he says he likes.

He tries on a few things he likes and makes me try on clothes too despite my protest, and I actually start to enjoy myself.

By the time we're in about the fifth store the tension is gone and we're both enjoying ourselves a little more. I didn't want to comment on how close he was walking. It'd probably just make things worse.

"We should get something to eat now, my stomach's talking to me," I say.

Elliott laughs and nods in agreement. "What do you have a taste for?"

I shrug. " I guess we'll see when we get to the food court."

"Oh, yeah, how is it without Violet around?"

"Quiet," I answer immediately and Elliott laughs. "But I miss her. I mean she has her moments, but she's my best friend and we're rarely apart for this long."

"Buuut with out Violet around you and your boyfriend get to spend alone time together, right?"

My cheeks heat up and I look away from Elliott. "I guess," I mumble.

I look down at mt feet as we walk trying to avoid eye contact with him. I accidentally bump into someone and as I open my mouth to quickly apologize I was cut off by "Watch where the fuck you're going."

And then I was met with a familiar face that I didn't want to see right now, or ever again in my life really.

He smirks at me and lets out a low whistle. Elliott tenses beside me and he takes a defensive step forward.

"Guys, look who it is, our favorite person."

"If you guys know what's best for you, you'd just leave," Elliott says and laughter follows his threat.

He shoved Elliott aside and came to stand in front of me. That smirk is still on his face and he takes another step towards me. I'm too afraid to move so I just stand there.

He places a hand on my cheek and I flinch. Surely he wasn't stupid enough to do something in the middle of a crowded mall.

"Don't you fucking touch him," I hear Elliott say.

Tears are forming in my eyes making my vision blurry, and I try to blink them away but only more come.

Why me?

"What? Don't I get a turn with him?" That stupid smug look never leaves his face as he circle around me like I'm his prey.

"I swear if you touch him you'll so fucking regret it," Elliott says coming to stand in between me and "the predator".

"Wow, someone is getting a little defensive here. Hmmm does McQueer know about this?"

"Stop calling him that," I grumble as I wipe at my face.

He laughs in response. "I don't want to get in between your little fucked up love triangle here, so were just going to leave." He moves around Elliott and bends down so that we're at eyelevel. "But don't worry, we'll have our little play time soon. Have a great vacation."

He glances at Elliott before giving me another smirk and walking away with his friends.

As soon as they're out of aight I let out a shaky breath. "Hey, are you alright?" Elliott asks softly as he lays his hand on my shoulder.

I shake my head and he pulls me into his arms. I lay my head on his chest, my hands by my side, as he comforts me. He whispers soothing things and runs his fingers through my hair and I just let him.

"What did I ever do to deserve this? I've always been a good kid. W-why do they like hurting me? All because I bumped into him that one time. It was an accident and I even apologized."

"Gage, you don't deserve this and they're just jerks who need to be put in their place." Elliott continues rubbing my back and saying comforting things to me.
"Shit," I hear him mutter and I'm about to ask him what's wrong when he pulls away.

"Your boyfriend is here and he doesn't look very happy," he mutters as he turns me around.

Sure enough Leighton was heading this way. My eyes widened and I start to internally panic.

"Everything okay?" He asks when he is in front of us.

I don't tell him much of what happened, because even though I hate those jerks, I didn't want Leighton fighting them. Last time he was lucky and got out scratch free but what if they hurt him this time? I didn't want him to get hurt because of me so I spared the details.

All he says is "Oh, okay" before saying he has to leave. I stare after him with my mouth opening and closing. I wanted to call after him but I didn't know if I should.

I definitely was not expecting that kind of response. I thought he would have taken me in his arms and comforted me much like Elliott had, but it would've held more meaning coming from Leighton.

But, no. All he said was "okay" and left. Tears threatens to spill from my eyes but I kept wiping them away.

"Gage?" Elliott says warily. "You okay?

"I-I- I just want to go home," I say, my voice trembling.

Elliott nods and takes out his phone to call his mom. He tries to pull me in a hug again, but I pull away. He lets out a sigh and I follow him out to the entrance of the mall where we wait for his mom.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I-I'm fine," I mumble.

Elliott doesn't ask anymore questions and we sit in silence until his mom pulls up in front of us. I guess we were radiating tension, because as soon as we got into the car his mom asks what happened.

Elliott, who gets in the back with me, glances at me before looking back at his mom. "Nothing, Gage just got a bad stomach ache."

At first I don't think she buys it then she asks, "Was it something he ate?"

"We think so."

I silently thank Elliott for his cover up before staring back out the window.

When we make it to my house I see that Leighton made it home already and my stomach drops. I snap out of my thoughts and thank Elliott's mom before opening the door.

"You're welcome. Hope you feel better."

I offer her a small smile and thank her. Elliott gets out of the car and walk with me to my door.

"Sorry, I ruined everything," I mutter.

"Don't be silly, it wasn't your fault."

I shrug. "I did attract them to us."

Elliott sighs and shakes his head. "it wasn't your fault and I did have fun until those jerks ruined everything."

"Thanks for not telling your mom." Elliott shrugs in response. "Well, see you late."

Elliott nods and turns to leave before turning back. "Call me later and let me know you're okay?" I nod and then he comes back to me and gives me a hug. "Have a great evening, Gage."

He gives me a small smile before going back to the car. I wave him and his mom off and I stand outside of my door for a while looking over at the house next door.

I wanted to go over there. I wanted nothing more than to spend time with my boyfriend cuddling and whatnot. But I also just wanted to be alone.

I sigh and open the door. "Gage, is that you?" My mom asks. I step into view instead of answering. "Did you have fun? Leighton's home now. He came by to see if you had made it home yet, but I told him that you were still out."

I just walked towards the stairs instead of responding. Hopefully my mom doesn't think I'm being disrespectful or whatever. I just don't have the energy right now.

"Gage? Sweetie, are you okay?"

Tears start running down my face as I stop in front of the stairs.

"No," I choke out before running up the stairs and into my bedroom. I slam the door shut behind me and throw myself on my bed, and I cry.

Just when I thought that things were going to be okay and get better, they just seem to get worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this and especially those who take the time to comment. <3
Sarcastically Blunt
Sucks For You
Gem_Jar93


Please keep the comments coming and let us know what you think!