Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

After the whole incident at the mall I decided it'd be safe to stay inside for the remainder of the break to avoid anymore unwanted confrontations.

But of course Elliott called every now and again. Most of the time-especially when I'm with Leighton- I ignore his calls. Elliott is really nice and everything but I know Leighton doesn't like him and I'm pretty sure Elliott has more intentions then just being friends.

The only time I forced myself out was when I realized I hadn't got Leighton a present yet. Yeah, I'm a horrible boyfriend.

But it's Leighton's fault because I can't stand not being around him, so I never had time to get him anything.

So, I had my mom take me shopping but I really didn't know what to get him. I thought about calling Violet and asking her for help, but I thought that was a bad idea. I even thought about asking Elliott for help, but that was an even worse idea.

So I just had to go with what I thought, and what I knew, and a little help from my mom. This year it had to be special because I was giving him a present as his boyfriend and not his sister's best friend.

On Christmas Eve I persuaded Leighton to watch Christmas movies with me and drink hot chocolate, and eggnog. We always cuddle and watch movies but I don't mind. I'll never get tired of it. I ended up spending the night which definitely wasn't out of the ordinary, but I'm sure my mom prefered for me to be at home.

When Christmas morning rolled around I was up before the sun like any other Christmas morning. Who could sleep when it's Christmas? Christmas is so exciting. Not because of the presents though, the feeling is just great. The presents are just a really nice bonus.

I roll over and look up at Leighton who was still asleep. "Leighton?" I whisper. "Leighton, wake up!"

Leighton groans and opens one eye and looks at me. "It's Christmas," I giggle.

"It is," he says simply."And it's still dark out.

I giggle. "But it's Christmas!" I whisper excitedly.

"Baby, go back to sleep," Leighton says closing his eyes and wrapping an arm around me.

I pout and climb on top of him so that I was straddling his waist. "Leighton," I whine placing my hands on his chest. "Lets go open presents and eat cookies for breakfast and cuddle in front of the fireplace and drink more eggnog while we listen to Christmas music."

Leighton chuckles and wraps his arms around me pulling me into his chest. "Or, how about we sleep until a decent hour and then we can do all of that."

I let out a sigh and just lay there as Leighton drifts back to sleep. I just couldn't go back to sleep. I was too excited.

I push the cover off of me and get out of bed and make my way downstairs. First I pour me a glass of eggnog and then I turn the television on some random Christmas show and make myself comfortable on the couch and cover up with a throw blanket.

I end up falling asleep and later I'm woken up by someone lightly shaking me and saying my name. I blink my eyes open to see Leighton kneeling in front of me.

"Merry Christmas," he says before placing a kiss to my lips.

I'm wide awake again as I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer.

"Can we open presents now?" I ask pulling away but keeping my arms around his neck.

Leighton chuckled. "If that's what you want to do."

I nod eagerly. So, I grab a cup if hot chocolate while Leighton gets a cup of coffee, and we gather in the living room with his mother to begin opening presents.

It felt really weird with Violet not here. I haven't talked to her much since she left, but I think I'll call her later today.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Ms. McQuin placed a small box in my lap.

"Oh, uh. Thanks Ms. McQuin," I smile.

I eagerly unwrap the box and lay the lid aside. There were a few movies inside and then something underneath them. A frown immediately replaces my smile once I realize what the contents are. My cheeks heat up and I quickly place the lid back on the box.

Ms. McQuin is really sweet, but she is definitely Violet's mother. Not that Violet isn't sweet, but this is definitely a move she would make.

"Mom," Leighton sighs and I knew that he must have saw what was in the box.

I bury my face in his shirt and I can hear Ms. McQuin laughing lightly. "Sorry, Sweetie, I couldn't help it," she laughs.

Leighton rubs my back soothingly and tries to coax me out of my hiding spot, but I wouldn't budge. Not even when Ms. McQuin left the room.

"Well, I guess you don't want to open my present for you then?" Leighton says.

"It depends," I mumble. "Is it more condoms?"

Leighton chuckles. "No."

"Promise?"

Leighton laughs again. "You'll just have to see for yourself."

I sit up and Leighton gets up to get my present. He sits it in my lap and takes his seat beside me. I stare at the
present and then look at Leighton before tearing into the wrapping.

The first thing that caught my eye was the bear. The cute little bear that was obviously dressed similar to my boyfriend. I took it out first and hugged it to my chest.

"Aww Leighton this is so cute! This is the best thing ever!" I say before leaning over and placing a kiss on his cheek.

I sit the bear in my lap and continue pulling things out of the basket. It was full of candy and other snacks and movies and-

"Oh my goodness, can we wear these tonight while we watch all of my new movies?" I ask excitedly pulling out matching pajamas.

"If that's what you want."

The last thing I pull out was a frame with pictures of us in it which brought tears to my eyes.

I sit everything aside and climb in Leighton's lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him with so much affection.

"Thank you so much Leighton, I love everything," I say as I reluctantly pulled away.

"You're welcome, baby. I'm glad you like it."

"My present for you isn't as awesome thought, but I hope you like it anyways."

"I'm sure I will especially since it's coming from you."

"Well, its at my place. Wait here while I go get it," I say as I stand up.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"Mhmm, I'll. Be back just don't go anywhere."

"Yes sir."

I grab the box that Ms. McQuin gave to me and went over to my place.

"Merry Christmas!" I say to my parents who are sitting on the couch cuddled together and watching a movie.

I give them both hugs and share little conversation heading up stairs. I shut my door behind me and place the box on my bed. My cheeks heat up even though I'm alone as I grab the condoms from the box and place them in one of my drawers.

Just in case.

No matter how many times I fantasized about it, I was definitely no where near ready for that step yet. But you never know.

I quickly grab Leighton's present before hurrying back to his place. I put the box in his lap and grab "Little Leighton" before taking my seat next to him.

I got him two games, a beanie, a shirt and a Starbucks gift card. "Thank you, I love it."

"You're just saying that," I say.

"No, I mean it." Leighton wraps his arms around me and place a kiss to my temple.

"I think we should put on those pajamas and turn on a movie now," I suggest.

"I agree."

So we clean up the living room a little from all of the Christmas wrapping and everything and change into our matching pajamas. While Leighton and I were getting situated his mom walked by saying she was going to her boyfriend's. We bid her goodbye and I snuggled up against Leighton's side with "Little Leighton" and placed the throw over us before putting on a movie.

This felt really nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I hope you guys like it!
Don't forget to comment and let us know what you think!

And a BIG thank you to these amazing people for their comments!
Gem_Jar93
Alexeerumis
Sarcastically Blunt


<3