Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

It felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders after talking to Leighton. I guess I really had nothing to worry about, and next time I should probably just go to him straight away when something is bothering me instead of letting myself get all worked up over nothing.

I felt much better, much happier. Knowing that Leighton wanted to be with me for a long time- forever- put me in high spirits. I felt on top of the world, like I was walking on Cloud Nine. Nothing else mattered and nothing could take this joy away from me. Not Violet, not my bullies, not Elliot, not even our parents.

I just felt really content and positive about our future. Everything was slowly unfolding.

"What are you thinking about?" The voice I fell in love with asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

A blush coats my cheeks as I shrug and I turn to my left to look at Leighton. "Mostly how I really don't want to do this homework," I say gesturing to the paper in front of me that only had my name and date in the upper right hand corner.

After school we came back to his place to do homework together while Violet went her own way. I haven't even started on anything. I just can't concentrate. My mind was elsewhere.

I let out a sigh as I lean into my boyfriend, closing my eyes. He wraps his arms around my waist. "And how much I love you," I add softly.

"Oh, really?"

"Mhmm"

Leighton places soft kisses along my neck causing a shiver to run down my spine. I tilt my head back and he places a kiss to my lips.

I let out a content sigh and open my eyes. "Can we just make out instead?" I ask innocently.

He chuckles and places another kiss on my lips. I whine as he pulls away and turn around so I was facing him.

I gently push him back so he was leaning against the head board and climb on top of him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against him. I capture his lips in a soft kiss that I quickly deepen.

Inevitably, we had to pull away for air. I bury my face in his chest and just lay there in contentment.

"By the way, I love you too."

A smile creeps on to my face and I clutch the fabric of Leighton's shirt in my fist.

"Seriously though, let's take a break," I mumble.

Leighton chuckles. "You haven't even started yet."

"I know, but I can't concentrate and maybe if I eat or something I'll be able to think straight and get it done."

"If you say so."

Still I didn't make any move to get up. I was too comfortable now. Then my stomach decided to start making embarrassing noises forcing me to get up so I could put food in it.

"Mom, we're going to go get something to eat. Do you want anything?" Leighton asks his mom as we enter he living room.

"No thanks sweetie. You boys have fun."

Leighton kisses his mom's cheek and I give her a small wave before following my boyfriend out the door and to his car.

As soon as we got into his car, well after he bags out of the driveway and everything, I immediately grab his free hand and intertwine our fingers.

He glances over at me with a smile and squeezes my hand. I smile to myself and stare out of the window.

"So, where to?"

"Shakes."

Leighton laughs. "What?"

My cheeks heat up and I lightly punch Leighton's shoulder. "S-sorry I was just thinking about how much I want a shake right now."

"I thought you were hungry."

"I am, but I'm craving a shake right now."

"Alright, Steak n' Shake then?"

"Sounds good to me!"

So, we went to the nearest Steak n'Shake and ordered burgers and shakes and sat near a window together and ate peacefully.

Well, almost peacefully. There was a group of girls who were constantly looking over at us and giggling. I didn't know if they were checking out my boyfriend or if they thought we were a cute couple, or whatever girls giggle about.

Whatever the reason they were starting to get really annoying.

I tried my best ignoring them though, because I didn't want them ruining our time.

Speaking of times being ruined, my phone vibrates signaling a message from Violet.

I somewhat reluctantly check it. Hey, what are you doing?

At steak n' shake with Leighton, I reply.

Oh, okay

And that was it. I wonder what she wanted. I thought about texting her and asking her what was up, but I thought better of it.

I take a sip of my shake and let out a sigh before laying my head on Leighton's shoulder. He wraps an arm around me and I snuggle more into his side.

"Hey, Leighton?"

"Mhmm?"

"You remember our date at the movies?"

"Yeah, of course I do."

"Uhm, d-do you think we can go on another one?" I ask. I pull away slightly so I could face Leighton. "I mean we don't have to go anywhere fancy or anything I-I just want to go on another one."

He looks at me with a smile on his face and my face begins to heat up. "Of course we can. We can go on a date anytime you want to."

I smile and kiss him. "Well, I want to go on one really soon," I say.

"Okay, baby."

I smile and snuggle back into Leighton's side taking another sip of my drink. "Love you," I say quietly but loud enough so he could hear.

"Love you,too," he says and places a kiss on my temple.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter! Sorry it took forever to get this out!

Thank you so much to Alexeerumis and Sarcastically Blunt for your comments!