Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

"What are you smiling about?" Violet asks suspiciously.

My cheeks flush as I look up at my best friend who's eyes were narrowed at me.

"N-nothing," I stutter.

"Hmmm," she hums unconvinced. Her eyes were still scrutinizing me causing my cheeks to flush more.

Though she was making me uncomfortable with her string, I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Thinking back to the night I gave myself wholeheartedly to my boyfriend just had me in a bright mood.

I finally shrug at my friend, a small smile still on my face though my cheeks were on fire. " I'm just happy," I say.

She raises an eyebrow at me and lets out a sigh. "If this has something to do with my brother I don't want to know."

I let out a laugh and prop my elbow on the table resting my chin on my palm. "Are you sure you don't want all the details?"

Violet's eyes widened and I couldn't help but laugh some more. "I am a thousand percent positive I don't want to hear anything."

"I'm pretty sure if I was dating any other guy you'd want to hear everything."

"Yeah, but that's different! Leighton is my brother!"

"Knowing every single detail about my relationship weather I'm dating your brother or not isn't really okay."

Violet rolls her eyes. "Whatever. You're dating my brother anyway, so it doesn't matter."

I just laugh and shake my head at my friend. "So, what about you? Are you into anyone at the moment?"

Violet's cheeks flush but she just shrugs and says, "Not really. Everyone is either an asshole or gay."

I look at Violet suspiciously, it was a rare occurrence to see her cry or flustered, and right now her face was the faintest shade of pink, but didn't ask any questions.

I didn't tell her about Leighton so it wasn't right for me to inquire about her love life.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I text Leighton.

Wanna somewhere and eat after school?

I turn to my friend and let out a sigh. I felt bad for basically neglecting her since Leighton and I started dating but now that I could call him mine I kind of want him to myself all the time.

God, I sound possessive.

But when you've been infatuated with someone for so long and think that you will never have a chance with them, and finally you start dating; you kind of want to be with them every chance that you get. Well, at least that's how it is for me.

I bite my lip as I think of Violet's reaction after I tell her of my plans for this evening that do not include her. I'm such a horrible friend.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" My best friend's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"I-uhm..."

She rolls her eyes. "Just spit it out!"

"Uhm, well I was thinking of going out with Leighton this evening, and uhm, I was thinking it'd be just the two of us," I say slowly, looking up cautiously at Violet.

"That's fine," she says with a shrug.

"I-uhm..wha?"

"I mean ever since you and my brother started dating you guys have basically been shoving me aside, so it's fine I'm used to it now," she says nonchalantly.

I frown. "Sorry Violet, I know I've been a terrible friend."

Violet rolls her eyes. "You haven't. You have a boyfriend now. Yeah, it's my stupid brother, and I don't get why you want to be with him and like spending time with him, but I get you wanna spend time together as a couple."

I smile at my friend and wrap my arms around her in a hug. "Thanks Violet."

"Yeah yeah," she says pulling away. "You owe me though."

I nod. "Next week we can do something, just the two of us."

The rest of the day went by quite fast without any trouble. I managed to say more than two words to Elliott without it being too awkward. As soon as school dismissed I said bye to my best friend who was going to spend the evening with some of her other friends before hurrying to the student parking lot.

Leighton was already at his car when I made it out. A smile immediately lit up my face as I hurried over to him.

"Hi," I say when I reach his side.

"Hey," he says with a smile. "Ready?"

I nod as he unlocks the car and we get inside. "Violet's not with you?"

I shake my head. "Uhm, I wanted to spend the evening with you so she went with some friends," I explained with a light blush on my cheeks.

Leighton looked over at me with a smile before placing a kiss to my lips. "Sounds good to me."

I smile and lean back in my seat.

"So, where to?" He asks as he pulls out of the parking lot.

I shrug. I didn't have anywhere in particular in mind. I just wanted to be with him. "Anywhere."

Leighton chuckled. "That's pretty specific."

I shrug sheepishly and place my hand in his free one. "I don't really have anything in mind. I just want to be with you," I admit quietly.

He squeezes my hand and I smile as I stare out the window.

We talk about how our day went and a bunch of random stuff until a comfortable silence came over us. I mindlessly play with Leighton's fingers as I contemplate whether or not to bring up what's been on my mind all day.

Nothing good ever happens when I keep my thoughts to myself, so with a deep sigh I speak up.

"D-do you think we can do it again?" I ask nervously, my face turning red and my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Hmmm?"

"Y-you know what we did the other night."

Leighton lets out a chuckle. "You mean sex?"

If my face wasn't red before I'm sure I resemble the darkest shade of red now. How can he say it so calmly?!

"Y-yeah that," I stammer.

"Baby, you don't have to ask," Leighton says squeezing my hand. "I'm all yours."

My cheeks heat up and I bite my lip as a smile begins to creep on my face.

"Then let's do it again soon, okay?" I say, my face still flushed.

Leighton laughs and glances over at me. "Okay, Gage
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo...firstly, happy new year! I know I have a lot of apologizing to do. It's been 5 months since we last updated. But we're defintely still writing this! I've been focusing a lot on my drawing and I've been neglecting this and had a moment of writer's block. Buuuut we're back and I am so excited to continue Gage and Leighton's story.

If you are still here please leave us a comment. <333

Also, I am on wattpad: alesanasixroe