Status: Active

Miserably Loving You.

Gage

"Shit. Shit. Fuck!"

I furrow my eyebrows and groan as my pillow begins to move...wait...what? I blink the sleep out of my eyes and go to sit up when I'm knocked off of my not-pillow and onto the bed. I sit up as I rub at my eyes and see Leighton sitting up next to me.

My eyes were wide as I stared at him in slight confusion before remembering last night. My cheeks flushed as I merely stare at him. He looked a bit disoriented and like he was about to have a heart-attack or something.

My eyebrows creased together as my embarrassment is quickly replaced with concern. "Leighton, are you okay?" I ask warily.

"It's just... I actually slept last night!" he answers in bewilderment.

"Oh, well, that's good," I reply with a small smile.

"Really good! I could just fucking kiss you!" he exclaims and I just gape at him. Kiss me? "You know what...fuck it!"

My eyes are wide and my breath caught in my throat as he leans in and kiss me on the forehead. Not like I was expecting him to kiss me on the lips or anything. My cheeks are burning and I open and close my mouth several times and before I can fully comprehend what just happened he was climbing out of the bed and exiting his room.

For a moment I just sat there staring after him with flushed cheeks and wide eyes and my bottom lip between my teeth. I was utterly confused and really excited and a mix of a whole lot of other emotions right now. Like did that really just happen?

I was just really glad that he got some sleep last night and that my intrusion didn't bother him. And I know I probably shouldn't be freaking out considering it was just my forehead, but I just couldn't help it. Leighton's lips were on my skin!

I let out a silent squeal and buried my face in his pillow breathing in his scent. I could stay like this all day: buried under the blanket in Leighton's bed inhaling his scent. But wouldn't that be kind of weird? I decided it wasn't a good idea either way and got out of the bed.

Stretching and yawning I made my way to Violet's room. She wasn't in there so I just sat on her unmade bed and waited for her to return. As I sat there waiting for her I started to think about how last night I was in the same bed as Leighton.

I was sleeping in the same bed as Leighton! Me, Gage Callaghan. And then he kissed me this morning! Okay, yeah it was just on the forehead, but he's never done anything like that before. Am I dreaming or something?

"Gage!"

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts at my name being shouted. I looked over towards the door to see Violet standing there giving me an incredulous look.

"Have you just gotten back from the loony bin, too?" she asks as she makes her way further into the room.

"Wha?"

"My brother's acting weird too. He's usually all indifferent, but he's being way too cheerful this morning and he said he got some sleep last night. And you're like in a whole other world or something. Should I be concerned or?"

My whole face is probably rosy as I look anywhere but at my best friend. Did she suspect something? Did she even know that I slept in her brother's room last night? What if she got the wrong impression? If my face wasn't red before it definitely was now. God, I hope she doesn't think we did anything.

"I....uhm...we didn't-"

Violet's staring at me as I stumble over my words and I suddenly feel really uncomfortable. I still don't make eye contact with her. Then she's laughing and I finally look up at her. And she's calling me weird?

"What's funny?" I ask softly.

"You're so cute, Gage!" she giggles.

My eyebrows furrow and I frown at her. "What?" I say still completely and utterly confused.

She just shakes her head and begins running a brush through her still damp hair and I just noticed that she had just taken a shower.

And I just sit there still dazed about what the heck just happened. Did she suspect something? What was going through that head of her's? She's giving me a headache.

I just let out a sigh and ask, "So where's Leighton?"

"He said he was fixing breakfast!" she exclaims. "There is definitely something not right here. Maybe sometime between him going up to his room and us going to sleep he actually went out and got laid."

I roll my eyes at Violet's logic. "Or maybe he just got some sleep last night and he's really happy about that."

"If that's what you want to believe so be it."

"Whatever," I say as I stand up from her bed.

"You've been awfully defensive over him lately," Violet accuses.

I look away from her as my cheeks heat up for the umpteenth time this morning. I shrug meekly and I can feel Violet's eyes on me so I quickly leave her room and head to the bathroom to spruce up before I hesitantly made my way down to the kitchen where Leighton was finishing up breakfast.

"Hi," I say quietly as I enter the kitchen.

Leighton turns to me with a smile on his face. "Hey."

"So, you're making breakfast," I state awkwardly.

"Yep. I just though why not," he replied shrugging.

I nodded and awkwardly stood in the threshold. Then I decided that maybe I should make myself useful and I grabbed three plates from the cabinet and set them on the table along with three glasses.

Violet enters the kitchen just as I finish pouring juice into the glasses and sits down at the table. Leighton brings the food over to the table and I take a seat next to Violet who's already piling food onto her plate.

"This is actually pretty good," Violet says with a mouth full of food.

"Hey, I can cook if I want to."

"Yeah, when you apply yourself you are actually good for something."

Leighton just rolls his eyes at his sister and begins to eat. Violet was right it was pretty good and I wouldn't mind him cooking for me again.

When we finished eating I volunteered to wash the dishes and then we all lazed around in their living room for the remainder of the day. Tomorrow school started back up so we decided to just relax since tomorrow was bound to start the endless piles of homework.

I could feel Violet's eyes on me throughout the movie and it made me self-conscious. But I did my best to ignore her. At the beginning of the third movie I started to get a little antsy and told the siblings that I was going to head home.

"You're leaving already?" Violet whines. I inwardly scoff. Did she really like making me uncomfortable?

"Yeah, you guys are probably tired of me by now," I say giving an awkward chuckle.

Violet rolls her eyes. "If that's the case we would've gotten rid of you a long time ago."

I just shrug. "Uhm..thank you for breakfast and letting me use your bed last night," I say to Leighton.

"No problem," he says with a grin. And I just about melted so I hurriedly made my way to the front door and out of their house.

I quickly make my way next door and ring the doorbell seeing as I forgot my key the night before. Hopefully one of my parents are here so I won't have to endure an awkward night with Violet and Leighton.

"Don't you live here?" my dad jokes as he opens the door.

"Forgot my key," I explain briefly as I enter the house and slip my shoes off and quickly make my way up to my room.

When I get to my room I close the door and collapse on my bed with a groan. Violet knows. Or she might know. Or like always she came up with some stupid, outlandish assumption.

Maybe I should just tell her. She's my best friend and I don't like keeping things from her. But knowing her she'd go and tell Leighton and he'd probably be disgusted or something. I'm definitely not anything worth liking. But things just might be easier if I just tell her. And maybe she'd stop giving me these penetrating looks.

I let out a sigh as I stare up at the ceiling.

Why can't things be simpler?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, finally, here's an update!

Thanks so much for reading!
And thanks to
Alexeerumis
and Sarcastically Blunt

for your comments!