A New Beginning

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

The lack of light in the hallway created an eerie atmosphere as I followed Jimmy through the house. He opened up the door to a room that was next to mine and stepped aside so that I could enter. Closing the door behind him he just stood their watching me as I looked around the room. The room was very well kept but bland at the same time. A few picture frames were hung on the wall, which consisted of shots of the guys on tour. The deep mahogany dresser had various items of jewelry and a bottle of cologne. I sat on the bed that had simple black cotton sheets on them. Jimmy’s bedroom had this aura about it that comforted me in some way.

“So, here we are. Are you sure this is what you want?” Jimmy asked quietly.

“Yes, I’ve been waiting for this moment my entire life.” I responded honestly.

“Ok, prepared to be blown away. Let’s do this then.”

He stripped off his shirt and walked over to the dresser where he opened up one of the top drawers. Fishing around he found what he needed to get started. Jimmy situated himself before he went to work. From his first movement I was blown away. I couldn’t breathe because I was so focused on his body. The look in his eyes told me how much he loved doing this. It was all becoming a blur for me to comprehend what was happening. All I knew was that Jimmy was amazing and he was perfection. At this point I had to test him to see how far he could go.

“Faster Jimmy, faster.”

“Fuck Layla, I’m going as fast as possible.” He breathed.

He delivered upon command very well. The beatings and the sounds coming from him were otherworldly. I could tell he was almost out of energy when he began to finish his rhythm. He slumped backwards as he tried to regain his breath. I smiled at him when he opened his eyes for the first time.

“Wow, that was amazing. You are seriously the best drummer ever!”

“I’m glad you think that.” Jimmy said as he put his drumsticks back in their drawer. “I want to know why you wanted to see me play the drums.”

“Well, I love to see people play instruments, whether it be for one person or during a concert. It’s like a part of their personality coming out when they play. Thank you by the way, I’ve always wanted to see you play close up.”

“Oh, no problem. I know what you mean, I sometimes find myself staring at Zacky and Brian when they’re playing together on stage. God that pooped me out.”

Jimmy sat next to me on the bed and relaxed. He hadn’t put his shirt back on and sad to say I really took notice. Before I could control myself I had reached out and started tracing the skull tattoo on his shoulder. The blue hues behind it made the golden skull pop. Jimmy hadn’t pulled away yet, so I let my finger continue down his arm. Besides music, I had a passion for tattoos. I loved how much color they could bring to a person. I didn’t have any yet, but I hope that will change. His skin texture changed underneath my touch as little goose bumps popped up. I ran them back up his arms in the same slow speed. Once again, my mind lost control of my actions. The tips of my fingers danced over his collarbone and followed the FICTION tattoo down his chest. Without warning his hand shot up to mine and held it still. His grip wasn’t harmful, but it held an alerted feeling in it. I looked from our entwined hands to his eyes to find sadness in them.

“Layla, when the time is right. Trust me on this one.” He whispered.

My hand fell from his as I walked away from him. I felt so stupid. I was practically throwing myself at him and I had no idea that I was actually doing this. Rejected twice in one day by the same guy, and this was no ordinary guy. This was Jimmy Sullivan I was dealing with. He wanted the perfect time. When was that time going to come? I felt like I was ready for it, but a sense of doubt was in the back of my head. Falling on my bed I threw a pillow at the door to close it all the way. A tiny beep issued from my phone next to my alarm clock. Looking at the screen I found I had a missed call and a new voice message. The missed call had been from Matt, so I assumed the message was from him was well.

“Hey Layla, how’s it going? Just wondering how your first day with your new family went. Call me back and see if you can hang out with me later this week or something. Take care.”

With a peek at the time I decided it was too late to call Matt back. I figured that a good night of sleeping would cure how I felt. Turning the lights off I quickly fell into a deep sleep.

THE NEXT MORNING

I tried making myself sleep longer, but I was wide-awake and without the chance of gaining more rest. What happened with Jimmy last night played over and over in my head while I slept. Rolling out of bed I grabbed some clean clothes and made my way to the bathroom that was attached to my room. Walking into the bathroom, the first thing that caught my attention was another door on the opposite wall. It wasn’t a closet because the shelving units were out in the open. I opened the door slightly to reveal Jimmy’s bedroom. Low, steady breathing was coming from the mass of sheets on the bed, which showed that Jimmy was still sleeping. The sheets shifted and I quickly shut the door while trying to be quiet. Just my luck, I have a joint bathroom with him. Being the paranoid person I am, I locked Jimmy’s door and my door so that I could take my shower in peace. I turned the water on and discarded my clothes. The little stereo that was in the bathroom had Metallica playing so I made the volume a tad louder. My hand ran under the water to test the temperature before I stepped into it. As the warm water cascaded down my body I felt as if it was washing away much more then dirt. The ill feelings of last night were going down the drain and I was determined to not let anything bother me.

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll never mind anywhere
Anywhere I may roam
Where I lay my head is home


I loved this song so much that I felt compelled to sing out loud. I really didn’t think that anybody would ever hear me. The music decreased rapidly in volume so my voice was heard perfect in the bathroom. I didn’t turn it down. My head peaked through the shower curtain and I almost died right there.

“I think you could give James a run for his money.” Jimmy said with his back toward me.

“What the fuck!” I screamed. “I locked the fucking door, so how are you in here?”

“Simmer down now! I had to pee since someone woke me up with their shower. The lock on my door and your door never really worked anyway.” He answered as he flushed the toilet.

“That doesn’t mean you can just walk in on me like that. I deserve my privacy.”

He went to the sink and washed his hands. Gazing into it he made eye contact with me. It was then that I realized that the curtain wasn’t the best for protection. True, you couldn’t see anything, but the outline of my naked body was more than I wanted to show to anyone at this point.

“Sweetheart, you’re not going to get much privacy anymore.” He said with a smirk.

He turned off the faucet and left without saying another word. I finished my shower in silence because I didn’t want to leave the shower just in case someone else would walk in. I cut the water flow off and reached through the curtain for a white fluffy towel that was on a shelf nearby. I wrapped it around my body and then stepped out of the basin. Drying off I ran a brush through my hair and tried getting as much water out of it as I could. I threw on a matching set of red underwear and bra. I had picked out a tight pair of dark denim skinny jeans and a ‘Fuck Your Morals’ white t-shirt. I applied a little bit of lip-gloss and a heavy load of black eyeliner. Spraying a little bit of Fantasy on I was ready to greet the day. Hey, I hate Brittney Spears, but I love her fragrance. I found that Johnny was still asleep on the couch from last night. He looked like he was in an uncomfortable position so I decided to wake him.

“Johnny, get up!” I said loudly as I shook him a bit.

“Mehh…whuddyawant…sleepy.” He mumbled.

“I’m hungry. What do you have in this house for food?”

“I’m sorry Layla. We usually don’t wake up in time for breakfast.” He said groggily.

“Well, I’m going to walk down the beach front until I find a coffee shop or something.” I said walking to my shoes.

This seemed to wake him up good enough.

“No you can’t! You have to have someone with you and I don’t feel like walking right now. So get Jimmy to go with you.” He ordered.

I thought about that, but did I really want to possibly create another awkward moment? Another weird situation was something that I wanted to avoid so I didn’t plan on asking him. Matt’s message from last night floated in my head and it gave me an idea.

“I’ll just call Matt and we’ll hang out.”

“Good, he can baby-sit you then and don’t worry about calling him. He said that he would come by in a few minutes anyway, at least this is what Jimmy told me before you woke me up completely.”

I went back into my room where I slipped on my black and red checkered vans as well as putting my white sunglasses on top of my head. Swiping my Hurley purse from the floor I walked back into the kitchen to wait for Matt. Slowly I spun around in one of the chairs as a couple minutes went by. A hollow knock sounded from the door and I ran to answer it. A huge smile formed on his face as he saw me in the doorway. The morning sunlight created a small glare on his dark aviators and his lip ring had a slight twinkle to it. He was wearing an old cut off Pantera shirt with some black jeans. He stepped into the doorway and wrapped his huge arms around me in a huge bear hug.

“Layla!” he roared. “I missed you so much. Seriously, I think these guys are hiding you from me.”

“Don’t worry about that because right now you and I are going to get something to eat. Johnny can’t seem to provide for me.” I pouted.

“Amazing, let me say bye to the guys real quick.” He said walking past me into the living room.

I was right at his heel as he met the guys. Jimmy had come from wherever he had been and was sitting next to Johnny on the couch.

“See ya guys, Layla and I are going out now. I’ll treat her real good Johnny.”

“Wait, where are you going?” Jimmy asked.

“I’m taking Layla out to breakfast. Why, you wanna come Rev?” Matt invited.

“I’m pretty hungry right now, so I’ll be glad to accompany you guys.” He said as he stood up from his prone position.

I felt regret in the pit of my stomach. Alone time with Matt was something I could have used right now. I wanted to ask for advice on the dilemma I had with Jimmy. Oh well, we could make this work. Opening the door, I led the way out of the house. I turned around to wait for Jimmy and Matt to take command. I had no idea where we were going.

“There’s just this little coffee house a block away that will be fine.” Matt told me.

We had been walking for just barely a minute when Matt jumped on my back. His weight nearly made my knees cave out from under me.

“Layla, give me a ride.” Matt laughed.

“Shit Matt, I’ll try.” I panted.

Thank God for riding bikes when I was younger. That activity had really built up my leg muscles. But being much shorter than Matt, it soon became hard for me to hold him and I had to dump his ass.

“Sorry Matt, I’m just so tired.” I said wheezing.

My hands were on my knees as I tried to stop coughing. I was suddenly thrown on someone’s back. After readjusting myself into a piggyback position I grew comfortable.

“Thank you Mattie-poo. This was needed very much.” I giggled.

I peered closely over at Jimmy. He was giving Matt and me a weird look. I couldn’t quite put my finger on the emotion that he putting off. My arms had been around Matt’s neck the whole time but I decided to move them. I placed the palms of my hands over his eyes so that he couldn’t see.

“Layla, if I run into something it will be your own fault. You know that right?”

“Well Matt,” I answered, “it doesn’t matter because we’re already here.”

I removed my hands so that he could see that I had been telling the truth. I jumped down from his back as a waitress came to seat us. I was the first to sit down at the small booth. Instead of Matt sitting next to me he sat across from me. I patiently watched Jimmy to see whom he would sit by. Without even a glance he sat next to me. A new waitress was walking over to us and her look was interesting. From the low cut, white shirt she wore, I could see the unmistakable top of the death bat. The guys were to be looking at the menu to notice that she undid a couple more buttons and readjusted herself. She was quite pretty, but her actions so far had deemed her a whore in my mind.

“Why hello boys, how can I serve you this morning?” she asked sweetly.

“Yeah, I’ll just have the bacon and egg platter with a cup of regular coffee.” Matt said still looking at the menu.

She seemed irritated that no looks had been thrown her way but she didn’t seem phased.

“And for you hun?” she asked turning to Jimmy.

“Ahh…ooo, I’ll have the pancakes with a coffee, two creams.”

He raised his head a little to see the waitress for the first time. His eyes kind of bugged out to see that she was thrusting her chest out to him. Spinning around to me, Jimmy focused on me so that he wouldn’t start laughing at her.

“What do you want?” she asked me.

“Can I have some blueberry waffles?” I ordered sweetly enough.

“We don’t have blueberry waffles.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Fine, I’ll have plain waffles.”

“We ran out of waffle batter a little while ago.” She sighed.

“Fine, can I please have a ham and cheese omelet?” I asked getting testy.

“Your order will right up boys.” She said as she made eye contact with Jimmy and Matt for the last time.

Once she was out of ear shot Jimmy bust out laughing. I looked at Matt to see him with a look of disgust.

“Truth be known Layla, not all men are attracted by that. Had she not treated you like shit and had more buttons up, she might have been pretty decent. I don’t want to see you ever acting like that, you’re perfect right now.”

He hushed up enough for the waitress who was bringing their drinks. She really made sure to lean close to the table this time.

“Matt is right Layla. Don’t become something that you’re not. People will be more attracted to you when your personality shines.”

I looked intently at Jimmy after he said this. He was looking everywhere but me as he took a sip of his coffee. I hope he wasn’t shoving our conversation last night in my face.
Our waitress came back with our food fairly quickly. She slowly put down their food while she slid mine in front of me. Then she took matters in her own hands.

“Can I have your numbers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i had to end their because i didnt want to make it any longer then it was
comments please??!