A New Beginning

Together Again

Alcohol and smoke. Breathing in deeper, I tried to engrain the memory of the scent of the one I loved. The grip he had on my waist tightened as he brought my body closer to his. Wrapping my arms around his back, I settled into place as we held each other. Jimmy placed little kisses on my nose in the attempt to get me fully awake. I squeezed my eyes tighter and buried my face into the crook of his neck.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.


There was no use in hiding my smile so I opened my eyes to see his bright blue pair staring back at me.

“Someone is happy this morning. I thought you hated that song?” he asked confused.

“Only when it wasn’t sung right. I love when you sing Jimmy. You have an amazing voice.” I smiled

“No I don’t. My voice is just weird. You, my love, are the great voice in the relationship.”

Before I could respond the door was swung open and Zacky stood in the doorway. His body was in a state of suspended animation as he gazed at us. Jimmy’s touch took on a defensive attitude as the room grew eerily quite. I slowly stood up on the bed, letting Jimmy’s shirt fall down to my mid-thigh.

“Now, Zacky, don’t yell, run, or do anything. Do you understand?” I said quietly.

He appeared to be comprehending my words, that is until he turned on his heel and shouted throughout the house.

“Johnny! Come quick! Jimmy is shacking up with your sister.”

“Jesus Christ Baker!” Jimmy roared in anger. “Do you ever know when to shut up!”

Multiple footsteps were soon heard on the stairs and belonged to the rest of the band and even guys that I didn’t know, but knew of. Matt and Jason Berry gave Jimmy some thumbs up from behind my brother’s back; because if he had saw them, they wouldn’t have them any more.

“Sullivan, did I not make myself clear the last time? I never wanted you near my sister again.” he said in a deathly low tone of voice.

“Johnny,” I yelled, tired of his attitude, “I am a consenting adult now and I love Jimmy. Yes, that’s right, I fucking love James Owen Sullivan. You are not taking him away from me again, so whatever you have against us is going to have to change.”

“You’re going to get hurt again Layla. All I’m doing is watching out for you.”

Jimmy threw the sheets off of him and stormed up to Johnny. Johnny gazed up at Jimmy as he waited for what his friend was going to do.

“Let this be known Seward, that your sister is pure, and I plan on having it stay that way until she’s ready. I haven’t touched her in any wrong way. If you would have seen what that prick of a pretzel boy was doing to her last night, you would be on my side. Layla is the most beautiful creature that I’ve ever laid eyes on. I knew from the moment I saw her that she was going to be mine. Yes, I’ve made a mistake in my past that I’ll never forget and I’m not asking her to forget it either. All I’m asking is that you let your sister live the life she wants and let her make her own choices.”

Jimmy never waited for a response. Spinning around, he strode back to my side and entwined his fingers in mine as a last sign of our love. Johnny’s face was void of emotion as he watched us. It seemed that he was actually thinking about what we said.

“I swear to God, Rev, if you do anything to my sister that she doesn’t like, I will fucking murder you, you got that? As for you Layla, if this is what you really want then I guess that I have to accept it.” he said before leaving the room.

The guys slowly trickled out after my brother until Zacky was the only left. Leaning over the bed, I picked up one of the heels I wore last night and chucked it at him.

“What the fuck was that for?” he whined, rubbing his bruised shin.

“Why the hell did you bother us Baker?” Jimmy asked as I traced his tattoos like I used to.

“I was going to get you for the band meeting so that we could discuss the tour. Now I advise that you wait a while before coming downstairs.”

I stared at Jimmy in confusion as Zacky left. Tour, what tour? This boy was going to have to explain some things for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am sooo friggin sorry for not updating sooner. moving into college was more busy than i expected it to be.

comments=love

sorry for the crap chapter, it'll be better next time