A New Beginning

What Happens in Vegas Stays With You Forever

The Las Vegas skyline was beautiful. All the bright lights and flashing signs left me breathless. This city held so many stories and the majority of them would never be known. A variety of characters walked the streets as the bus drove down the Vegas strip. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t seem to take my face away from the window in fear that I would miss something. We were coming up to a huge arena that was more than likely our destination. My thoughts were confirmed when I saw the band’s name up in lights on the LCD screen.

“So how are we going to corrupt you tonight? After all we are in Sin City.” Brian asked as he sat next to me on the couch.

“You could take me to get a tattoo.” I suggested with an angelic voice.

“Hmm…”Brian thought out loud, “I could, but you would need to ask Jimmy first.”

“Why would I need to ask Jimmy? Shouldn’t Johnny be the person to go to?” I asked.

“Well, depending on where you get it, won’t Jimmy be seeing more of it?” he asked with a smirk.

I cheeks grew flush at this thought. Brian never got an answer because I wasn’t capable of giving him one at the moment. He began laughing to himself as he got up from the couch. I wasn’t sure when I would be getting more intimate with Jimmy, as cliché as it sounded I really wanted it to be special and mean something. I didn’t want it to be just a simple ‘let’s fuck’. Being with Jimmy made me feel content. Jimmy was going to be my first; I can state that as a fact. It was almost as if my thought waves were projected out loud because Jimmy kneeled on the couch right behind me so that he could wrap both of his arms comfortably around my waist.

“Hey beautiful. Do you like it so far?” he said as he placed his head on my shoulder.

“I love it Jimmy. I can’t wait to see you guys play to a huge audience. What would you say if I wanted to get a tattoo while we were here?”

“I’d have to say that you would have to get it somewhere only I could see just because I want to be the only one to see it.” He smiled wickedly.

The bus lurched to a stop signaling that we had reached our destination. We stepped off as the Berry clan worked on getting the equipment of the other bus. I swear that there are more of them every time I see them. Johnny informed me that their set up and sound check could take awhile so I could go and explore the venue if I wanted to. Before the words had left his lips I was out of there. Whenever a security guard would hassle me I would just flash him my pass and I was on my way. I reached the top of the building and came across a door that read Sound Booth in peeling gray letters. Of course I went into the room and the first thing I spotted was the awesome view from the main window. The tech crew had already set up the amps, microphones, and JB added the last cymbal to Jimmy’s massive kit. Time seemed to stand still as the guitar technician, Walter Rice, fiddled with Zacky and Brian’s instrument. My boredom was taking control and fatigue was joining. My eyelids drooped lower and the next thing I knew my head slipped and hit the sound board with a thud and a small click following. I picked myself back up and looked out the window horrified. Metallic pink and silver confetti fell in heaps to the ground. Spotting the button my head triggered, I made a slight gasp. It was a tiny red button with CONFETTI labeled underneath it.

Who in their right mind would make a button just for confetti?

Even though the microphones hadn’t been turned on yet, I could still make out the curse words coming from Matt. I hightailed it out of the room as fast as I could. Thank God it was a downhill run because my short legs would not have carried me very far. Before I walked backstage I took a couple of deep breaths so that I wouldn’t be out of breath. After gaining my composure I strode on the stage and pretended to be in awe of the confetti that was still falling around us.

“Damn! How the fuck are we going to play with this? It looks like a girl’s Sweet 16 just took place here for fuck’s sake!” Matt bellowed.

“It’s interesting how you get here just as the last piece hits the stage.” Zacky whispered behind me.

I just smiled guiltily and put a finger up to my lips in an attempt to keep him quiet. He laughed a bit before he went back to his guitars. The guys soon finished once Matt had calmed down. Whatever time they had before the show was spent watching Johnny poor beer all over him and not once did it get old. Their manager Larry popped his head and gave them a five minute warning. The guys left the room to get ready but not before Jimmy kissed my lips softly. I waited a few minutes before going out there because I didn’t feel like getting trampled in the backstage chaos. The two guitars blasting through the speakers told me that it was safe to go out. I got a fantastic view of the show from my spot on one of the equipment trunks. Seeing this almost every night for the next year was not going to get old. All of the guys exuded so much charisma on stage that was undeniable. The show was over and they all rushed off stage. Unlike the last show I saw when Derrick was with me, this time I could proudly open my arms to Jimmy. He engulfed me in a sweaty hug and squeezed me tight. Just feeling his rippling muscles that glistened under the bright lights sent butterflies soaring in my stomach. I love that he still gave me these feelings.

“You were amazing babe.” I murmured in his ear.

“Thanks.” He grinned wildly. “Come on, I’m going to show you the best night of your life Layla.”

Three hours and five bars later I found myself being led by Jimmy and the rest of the guys into a strip club called The South Pole. The rest of the guys walked toward the main stage where a topless woman was sliding upside down on the pole while Jimmy brought me over to the ice bar. Upon sitting on the stool I immediately began chattering my teeth and rubbing my arms for warmth.

“Can I have four shots of whiskey?” Jimmy ordered as he slipped his jacket over my shoulders.

Drinking at the previous bars had already had a slight effect on the group but the guys, excluding Johnny, felt the need to break me into their routine. Four shots were placed in front of us and I downed the first one and followed it up with the second. Slamming the small glass back to the freezing counter I glanced over at Jimmy who was smiling seductively at me.

“What?” I asked with a slight hiccup.

“I love you Layla. You’re perfect.”

“Jimmy, I think the alcohol is talking not you.” I giggled.

“No, it’s not.” He said in all seriousness. “When I’m with you I feel complete. Screw what they others might think. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

He took a break to take his two shots and grinned back at me before taking my hand in his. I called for the bartender and asked for some body shots. The guy nodded and started walking away but Jimmy grabbed him and pulled him back to us.

“Also, keep them coming.” He said as he winked at me.

THE NEXT MORNING

The moment that I gained consciousness I felt like a monster truck had repeatedly drove over my head. For my first hangover things were not going good. As I slowly opened my eyes the light seeped in causing a momentary blindness. My vision came back to me but my surroundings didn’t. The last thing that I remember was Jimmy and I taking body shots and my night drew a blank from there. Somehow I had managed to get into a decent looking hotel room and into a bed. I don’t even recall the guys saying that they had booked a hotel for the night. All of a sudden a low grunt issued from my left. Nervously, I shifted on my stomach to see the person next to me. A wave of relief washed over me as I saw Jimmy sleeping on his back. His mouth was hanging open and a light stream of drool was dribbling out. I laughed to myself and noticed that our hands were entwined together. I would have gone back to sleep had something on our hands not caught my attention. Two gold bands stood out against the mess of fingers. Pulling my hand from Jimmy’s vice like grip I stared in horror at my hand. There was no mistaking what I now saw. I had a cheap gold ring on my finger and he had a matching one. In a fit of madness I scrambled around to see what I was wearing. I was glad to find myself clothed but the article of clothing in question confirmed my fears. A trashy white gown covered my body and after yanking the sheets from the bed I found Jimmy wearing a tacky baby blue tuxedo. The only thing that was going through my mind was what form of murder Johnny would choose for me. I began taking small steps away from the bed but I freaked out when the floor groaned when I stepped on it. Brian’s form came into view as I removed my foot from his face. He began to mumble incoherently as I picked up a piece of paper that was under his right foot. Reading the government document I almost fainted.

In accordance with Nevada law and the city of Las Vegas this document is legally binding issued from the Little White Wedding Chapel.

Layla Rose Townsend wedded to James Owen Sullivan on 15 September, 2008.


On the bottom of the page were three scribbled signatures that I recognized and one that I didn’t know. I could make out mine, Jimmy’s, and Brian’s name under the witness slot. The last name was apparently the priest who performed the ceremony. Everything that I had just seen finally boiled over.

“Holy fucking shit! Shit shit shit shit!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The two men bolted upright and instantly clutched their heads in pain. Jimmy checked his appearance and gazed around the room in disorientation. He got up from his prone position and started touching the blue tux to confirm that it was there. Brian was the first to speak between us.

“Hey, you guys look you got married or something.” He said tiredly.

“That’s because we did get married.” I shouted as I held up my left hand for the two of them to see.

It took about ten minutes of looking over the outfits, rings, and the certificate for all of us to finally except that we were in a load of shit. Despite what I was no involved in all of my thoughts drifted back to one thing. What was Johnny going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like this! i think it makes up for the previous updates!

also, i used to get so many comments for this story and the past few chapters only a few lovely people sent me something. wtf readers? WTF! lol jk but then again...