A New Beginning

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

The two of us rounded the corner as soon as the announcer was calling out the wedding party. Lexi and Brian gave us a couple thumbs up as they walked into the newly transformed ballroom. I was fidgeting because my nervousness had returned. Jimmy reassuringly squeezed my hand as the guy’s voice boomed over the speaker again.

“Now, for the first time in public,” he said, which made us laugh, “Mr. and Mrs. James Sullivan.”

I laced my arm through Jimmy’s and we walked out to see the smiles of our friends and family. Weaving in and out of tables he eventually led me to the front table where Lexi and the rest of the guys sat. The music began playing in the background lightly and everyone started up their conversations again. This was the first time that I had really seen any of the guys all day and I wasn’t sure what to say first.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me I was getting married today?” I asked no one in particular.

“It would have taken away from the surprise.” Lexi said with a laugh.

“So you all knew about this?” I questioned.

“Yeah, Jimmy did a great job making sure that we all kept quiet and that we were doing our jobs.” Zacky answered.

I stared at Jimmy with complete adoration. He wore this cute grin that basically let everyone in the room know that he was amazing.

“Jimmy do good?” my husband for the second time asked.

“Jimmy did great!” I whispered before placing a light kiss on his lips.

Looking away from Jimmy I saw a couple dozen waiters pushing carts covered in silver dishes. As soon as the food was set down Zacky attacked it like he hadn’t eaten in years. Apparently when he was fitted for his suit last week he was a tad big, so he had to go on a little diet. For the next few minutes Johnny kept me entertained by shoving two carrot sticks under his upper lip and pretended to be a walrus. My brother had to stop his foolishness when Brian stood up.

“Well, it’s that time of the night when people start making spectacles of themselves and I guess I’m starting the festivities.” Brian announced into the mic that was handed to him. “I met Layla the same day that everyone else in the band did. Never in a million years did I think that in just a short time she would be married to one of us, let alone to Jimmy. I actually tried putting the moves on her that day.”

The people around me were shocked and Jimmy and Johnny looked like they were going to start throwing some punches but Brian continued on. “She turned me down twice that day. Since then I knew that whoever ended up with her was going to be lucky. I was also there on the day that they got hitched in Vegas. What a wild time!” Brian laughed. “The thing is, these two are lucky to have found each other. I hope that I’m in the same situation as these two someday. Jimmy and Layla, good luck and have a fantastic fucking life together.”

I forced myself to smile awkwardly and clap as Brian took a seat. It seemed that everybody in the room was left in awe of Brian’s speech. Leaning over to Lexi I mouthed the words to ask her how much he’s had to drink. She gave me a sheepish grin and glanced in front of her boyfriend. A few beer bottles were arranged before his plate and also a few shots with leftover green liquid sticking to the sides.

“Damn, who gave Brian absinthe!” I asked myself.

I never got an answer from my best friend because she was standing up and held the mic that she just from Brian. She began to talk about the old times when we would sneak on top of my roof and talk about boys and relationships. I few times I was crying from laughing so much and the rest of the time I was laughing because I was crying so much. She promised to be by my side for the rest of our lives and watch over me when Jimmy wasn’t there. I hugged her when she sat down and everybody went on eating. My fork kept scraping my food from side to side because I wasn’t hungry. All the excitement of the night took my appetite away. The same voice that had been talking all evening now called for quiet.

“Will the couple please come to the dance floor? It is now time for their first dance as husband and wife.”

Jimmy took my arm in his and led me to the parquet floor and lovingly placed a hand on my waist while holding my hand in his. Once I heard the opening strings I almost cried out loud. The song he chose was one of my favorites because it was so cheesy. A part of me wanted to slap him for being so silly. Still, Aerosmith had a way with words.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping while you’re far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Where every moment spent with you is a moment I’ll treasure

I don’t want to close my eyes
I don’t want to fall asleep cuz I’d miss you baby and I don’t want to miss a thing
Cuz even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream and when I do I’ll still miss you baby
And I don’t want to miss a thing


He brought my body closer to his and quietly sang the words into my ear. If I had to pick one moment to stay in forever it would have to be this one. It was perfect in every way. The song faded away and the people watching clapped politely. Jimmy and I continued to stand there still. Neither of us wanted to move or end the moment. The rest of the dance floor filled up around us which sent us back to our seats to be alone.

“Did I ever say how much I loved you?” I asked as the two of us watched Brian and Zacky do the chicken dance.

“You might have mentioned it a few times.” He murmured as he rested his head on my shoulder.

“I love you Jimmy.”

“I love you to Layla.”

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur. Cutting the cake merged into dancing which moved into more speeches. I still felt like it was a dream. The night came to its high point when Jimmy carried me across the threshold of our room and closed the door with a bang. Our first night of re-wedded bliss spent much like it was the first day after the Vegas act. I fell asleep to Jimmy’s voice as he sang softly to me. Life couldn’t get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear Readers,

The next chapter will be the last. I am writing an epilogue and that is it. There will be no sequal because there is no reason to have one. You've been warned!

Katie aka PLAGUE OF SHADOWS