A New Beginning

Angles Watching Over Me

The food was devoured quickly and we spent a long time just talking. Even thought we had only known each other for half a day, it felt like Johnny and I have never left each other’s side. The restaurant was slow that night so we had plenty of privacy. One of the people at the bars put money in the jukebox and picked a song. The music started and I put my head in my hands when I heard it. The main problem with having a popular name is that there will always be at least one song about it. Eric Clapton’s “Layla” spilled through the speakers and filled the room. Leave it the goofballs around me to let the whole room here the song better.

‘What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?’ Johnny sang.

It was Zacky’s turn to cut in. ‘You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.’

All five of them joined in for the chorus.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

“Enough, please!” I begged.

“Why, it’s such an awesome song and your name is Layla.” Johnny reasoned.

“I’ve been made fun of so much for it and never has the song been used the right way. I have to give you some credit, it was kind of amusing.” I smiled.

“YES! We got a laugh from her!” Zacky cheered.

Looking at his watch Johnny said that it was getting late and he wanted to get me home at a decent time like he promised he would. The tires crunched on the gravel of my driveway signifying that I was home. The guys escorted my to the door where they each said their goodbyes.

“I’m gonna miss you baby sister. Keep in touch and you’ll be in California before you know it.” Johnny said hugging me.

When Johnny released me I was engulfed by Matt, Zacky, and Brian. All of them were screaming how they were going to miss me and Zacky started to act like he was crying. Jimmy came up to me and softly wrapped his arms around me. I felt him slip something into my back pocket before he pulled away. They all waved goodbye and left me. I watched the SUV drive down the street until I lost sight of the retreating taillights. Slowly I opened the front door so that I didn’t wake my parents who usually went to bed pretty early. I went to my room where I dropped on the bed. 24 hours ago I was in the same position but now everything was in a different perspective. Looking at the pictures of the guys on the wall it felt like they were still saying goodbye to me and just watching out for me. It was then that I remembered Jimmy putting something in my pocket. I pulled it out to find that it was the receipt from the pizza place but there was a message written on the inside. Jimmy must have written it while he paid for the food.

Layla, I really do want to want to keep in touch with you. Jimmy

Below the message was a scribbled number that I punched into my phone. Not wanting to start a commotion in the SUV with the guys, I decided just to text him.

good nite jimmy
<3 layla

I felt that a simple message like that would tell him that I got the point. I pulled on my pj pants as my phone beeped.

Sweet dreams
xoxo rev

I read this and my heart swelled to an unnatural size. I saved the message in a new folder so that I could show Lexi when I had the chance. She was never going to believe the day that I just had.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love all the comments that have been left so far!
its nice to know that some people like my writing :)