Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Unexpected

Tre and Rose some how managed to look away from each other when Tre was forced to start up the car and pull out of Mike's driveway. Billie Joe had always sort of been Rose's main celebrity crush. But since she found out they were related, that just wasn't happening anymore, that fantasy had totally been killed.

She always found Tre to be quite humorous and yes she was attracted to him. If there was one thing she needed in her life it was humor. For years she had just been assumed a sad suicidal teenager, that her mom liked to call a Satanist. Which was completely untrue, obviously.

In many ways she had unforgivable hate towards her mother, and still towards the rest of her family. Now she would be driving back to Billie Joe's house and seeing her mom again. The overnight break had been nice and cleansing for her mind.

They pulled up in the Armstrong's driveway and their scratched BMW was already parked in the driveway. Tre had a remote to the gate infront of Billie Joe's house, and he just drove in.

They all hopped out of the car as soon as it was parked, and Tre walked towards the front door quickly. Sarah followed hurridly. But Tre stopped himself, when he noticed Rose sauntering along slowly like she wasn't too happy to be back.

Sarah went inside. "Are you coming? What's wrong?" Tre asked Rose.

"Nothing's wrong," Rose lied.

Tre closed the front door and came back over to Rose. "Something's wrong. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Ah no...I don't think so," Rose said, and she looked down at her feet shyly.

"Hmm...did I do something wrong?"

Rose shook her head, "No no...of course not."

"Well we're not going inside until I get to the bottom of this," Tre said and he walked back over to his SUV and opened the door. "Get in..."

"Get in?" Rose asked.

"Yes..." Tre said.

Rose wasn't sure what this was all about, but she trusted Tre and she got back in the car. Tre went around the other side and he got in the driver's side.

Billie Joe was watching out the window into the driveway and he saw his cousin and Tre get back into the car. What are they up to, he thought.

Tre started his car back up, and pulled out of the driveway. "Okay...now tell me what is going on."

"I don't want to plague your mind with my problems," Rose said and she looked down at her feet again.

"You're not plaguing me at all," Tre repeated. "I want to hear what's going on, because I care." They started driving back down the road to 'who knows where'.

Rose looked up and as good as it felt that Tre acted like he cared for her, it also freaked her out. She had never ever witnessed Tre acting serious.

Tre noticed the way she was staring at him, "What?"

"I'm sorry, it's just I didn't know you could be so serious," Rose said.

"Oh yeah well...I come off as a jackass a lot. But that's pretty much my stage presence, and when I'm trying to have fun. Behind the scenes I'm human too."

Rose laughed subtly, "Yeah I can see that."

"But come on, you have to tell me what's wrong..."

"I just...it's my mom."

"Your mom?"

"Yes my mom..." she said nervously.

"What about your mom?"

"Well back at home she yells at me 24/7 and acts like I can't do anything right. I work my ass off for her all the time yet she always acts like its not good enough. She thinks I'm a Satanist because I like rock music or something," Rose sighed.

"Sounds like the stereotypical parent," Tre grinned.

"Yeah, and believe me it's a complete nightmare. Whenever she makes me cry she just tells me that I'm not the victim and that she's the victim. Maybe she's right...maybe I'm just fucking losing it."

"Hey don't give in like that. If you know what you're talking about is right, then it must be right. I can't see a smart girl like you being wrong," Tre said flirtateously.

"Thank you...I just know we're going to go back east after this week and everything will be the same as before. I'll be forced to live under the hand of my mother and the rest of my family will go back to acting like I don't exist."

"I can't believe that they just ignored you like that before. But please don't be sad. I can't stand to see a girl that's as beautiful as Billie Joe on the verge of tears," Tre smiled.

Rose laughed, "Why are you being so nice to me? Why are you taking the time out of your busy important life to talk to me right now?"

"Because I don't want you to be sad....and also because I really like you a lot."

"You do?" Rose asked.

Tre nodded his head, "Yes."

Rose blushed. Tre was about 15 years older then her, but it felt so right for them to like each other. Then unexpectedly Tre pulled off on the side of the road and he gave Rose a soft kiss on the lips.

She completly froze. When their lips parted, Tre looked her straight in the eyes. She was quite shocked but she loved every moment of it. He turned away from her and he started up the car again and turned around so that they could go back to Billie's house.

"That was unexpected," Rose said.

"I'm good at unexpected," Tre replied.

The rest of the ride back was quite silent but the two of them just knew they were good with each other. It was not very awkward, it felt completely natural.

Tre pulled back up in Billie Joe's driveway and they got back out of his car. The two of them had already decided without talking to each other that they would keep their little kiss a secret. Especially from Billie Joe.

As they walked through the front door, Billie Joe was there to greet them. "Where did you two go?"

"Rose just forgot something at Mike's house, so I was nice and drove her back," Tre said, and Rose nodded her head.

"Oh what'd you forget?" Billie Joe said turning to Rose.

"Ahh...ahh my purse..." Rose said nervously.

"Oh...you had a purse?" Billie Joe asked.

"Ah yeah..." Rose said, all though Billie Joe could see that even now, she did not have a purse with her.

"Oh well..." Billie Joe said, and he shrugged his shoulders and turned away.

Rose and Tre exchanged glances with each other smiled and then sighed. Rose kicked off her shoes and Tre did his also sending one of them up to the 20 foot ceiling and knocking the chandelier slightly. The shoe came down right upon Billie Joe's back.

"Ahh...what the fuck?!"