Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Turn of Events

Rose and Tre sat beside each other on the bed for a few minutes and Tre was speechless of what to say. "I have to go to the bathroom," Rose said and she wrapped the blanket around her body and went into the guest bathroom.

She closed the door behind her while all Tre could do was sit on the bed repeating the same thing, "Shit, shit, shit...."

Rose was scared to death that she'd become pregnant and everybody would find out what her and Tre had done. She managed to locate the condom inside of her and she threw it out in a waste basket. She couldn't help but cry either she really did not know what to do.

After about twenty minutes of her being in the bathroom and Tre waiting nervously on the bed he decided to see if she was okay. He knocked on the door slightly, "Rose?"

"Ah, yeah... " she said.

Tre slowly opened the door and when he looked in he saw Rose sitting on the bathroom floor with her back leaned up against the bathtub and her knees against her chest.. "Are you okay?" he asked her as he came in to sit on the edge of the bathtub. It was obvious she was trying to hide her face from him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied and she wiped some tears from her face.

Tre could tell by the coarse sound in her voice that she was really upset. He then moved off the edge of the tub to sit with her on the floor. "I'm really sorry," is all he could think to say.

Rose nodded her head while still trying to turn her face in the opposite direction of him. She didn't hate Tre but she just didn't want him to see how upset she really was. "I'll be okay," she assured him.

"Hey... "he said and he grabbed her chin and turned her face towards his own. He looked straight into her emerald eyes which were burning red right now from her tears.

As soon as she looked into his eyes she was forced to look down at the floor. "I'm really scared," she admitted to him.

He gave her a gentle hug to comfort her, "I know I am too. I'm really sorry, I can't believe I fucked up so badly," Tre said and he felt like crying himself just by her reaction.

"I guess all we can do is, wait a couple of days... " Rose said.

"Yeah I think so... " Tre said.

He rested her head against his chest and he could hear her whispering to herself, "Fuck... "All she had wrapped around her still was her thin blanket.

Tre took a look at his watch and saw that it was almost five in the morning. "I better get back to my room soon. I don't want somebody waking up and finding us together in the bathroom," he said and he jumped up off the floor. He offered her a helping hand and then pulled her up beside him.

She went back to her bed and Tre was quietly heading for the door, "Night... "Rose said to him, even though she would not be sleeping.

"Night... " he said and he went out into the hall to get back to his room. Adrienne and Billie Joe's bedroom door was partially open and Adrienne had awoken to see Tre leaving Rose's bedroom. She did nothing and went back to sleep.

Morning rolled around and some how Rose had managed to get in an hour of sleep before being woken up by Billie Joe. "Wakey... Wakey," he said.

Rose turned over slightly and yawned, "Oh... I want to sleep," she groaned.

"Yeah, well get up so we can do something," Billie Joe said.

"Hmm... Okay."

Billie Joe left the room and the all of a sudden her encounter with Tre all came back to her. "Was that just a dream?" she said to herself. She got dressed and went into the bathroom and there in the waste basket was the old condom. 'Oh crap' she thought.

Tre was also still sleeping in his room all though he had had about the same amount as Rose. Rose went down for breakfast as Billie Joe went to wake up Tre. "Get up!" Billie Joe shouted.

"Oh... Fuck off... " Tre said.

"Whoa you really do look tired, holy shit you look bad," Billie Joe laughed.

"Hmm... Thanks," Tre said and he through a pillow at Billie Joe.

Billie Joe left the room then all of a sudden Tre opened his eyes quickly. He remembered the night before and he too hoped it was a dream. At the same time not.

Tre got dressed in the clothes he wore the day before and he slowly made his way downstairs. He felt like guilt was written all over his face. He came into the kitchen and saw Rose already sitting down with a stool at the counter. He didn't say anything to her and she didn't say anything to him.

It was only these looks they gave each other constantly. Adrienne had seen Tre leave Rose's room and it made her slightly suspicious. As she stood in another part of the kitchen she would glance over at the two every so often.

This day was one more day closer to when Rose and her mom would leave for back east. And what would happen if she was pregnant with Tre's child? Would she just live back there and get an abortion? She didn't really believe in abortions. But how often does somebody get to be pregnant with Tre Cool's baby? Okay, maybe that was the wrong way of looking at it.

Nothing could change the fact that she was scared out of her wits. More then being scared of pregnancy she was scared of everything coming out in the open. She mostly feared her mom and Billie Joe finding out. What would they do to Tre? What would her mom do to her?

Billie suggested that they take the kids to Disney Land for a day of fun. Tre was going to bring Romona and Frankito, and Mike was going to come along with Estelle. And of course Joey and Jakob were going.

Rose had opted to go in Billie Joe's car on the way down to Disney Land to surpass any suspicion that there was something between her and Tre. She was unusually quiet on the way there and Adrienne was actually the first to notice. "So have you ever been to Disney Land before Rose?"

"Ah, no I haven't," she said.

"Wow really?" Billie Joe said and he was surprised someone her age would never have gone.

"Yeah really... Mom's never been able to afford to take me on a vacation."

"Oh yeah that sucks. Well I'm sure you can come out here every year from now on," Billie Joe said.

"Thanks... " Rose smiled and then went back to being quiet. What started out as a surprisingly good family reunion was turning into a scary nightmare for her.

Mike and Tre were driving down with their kids in their separate vehicles. Tre was spacing out as he drove along the long California highway thinking about what happened the night before. 'Fuck I'm an idiot' he thought.