Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The DisneyLand Vacation

Disney Land should have been exciting for Rose but she had too much on her mind. Billie Joe, Adrienne and Mike spent the day taking their children and Tre's on different rides.

Tre had said he was sick of the rides, which the rest of them found very odd because Tre was usually the last to get sick of them. Rose had to agree that she was sick of the rides too, but mostly she just couldn't have fun while worrying whether she was pregnant or not.

Tre invited Rose to go out for dinner with him, she reluctantly agreed. They told the rest of their party that they would meet them back at Mr. Toads Wild Ride in two hours. Adrienne and Billie Joe each felt suspicious of the two being alone together.

So the two then set out in the massive park to find an eatery. "What do you feel like?"

"Shit... " Rose said.

"I meant to eat... "Tre said and pulled a funny face to release some stress.

"I don't know... do you like Chinese?" Rose said as she turned her head to look at him.

"Yeah... I know where the best Chinese restaurant is in this park." Tre said.

"Cool," Rose said and she followed him for what was the equivalent of 5 city blocks.

Rose was actually pretty surprised how nice the eatery was. But this was Disney Land, where its fun for them to make everything expensive!

When they got inside it was very busy and there were absolutely no free tables. A waiter recognized Tre and made sure he got a seat right away. It did require the waiter kicking someone else out, but he made sure the blue eyed rock star had the best seat in the house.

As Rose and Tre sat down Rose slightly laughed a bit at the arrogance. "That was kind of rude to those people," Rose mentioned to the waiter.

"I know... I dun like to be rude. I just make sure you very comfortable," the waiter spoke with a Chinese accent.

"Yeah, I'm use to them doing that for me though," Tre smirked arrogantly.

Rose smiled and looked down like she wasn't very pleased. "Ah, okay... " she said.

"Oh I'm sorry... What do you want? I'll get you anything your little heart desires," Tre said trying to make everything better.

"I don't know, I might just have some chicken fried rice," Rose said and she looked up at Tre who was sitting across from her at the table.

"Did you hear that Wonton? She wants fried rice! Snap too it! And you know what I want!" Tre said to the waiter. The waiter took off quickly to fetch the food.

"Wonton?" Rose giggled at Tre's bigoted joke.

"What? I don't know his name, and I sure the fuck can't speak Chinese. And it says wonton on the menu so it can't be that bad of a name... " Tre smirked.

"You're funny... " Rose said and for a few moments she forgot about the little thing that had been poisoning her mind since last night.

"Thank you... " Tre said and he gave a big goofy smile.

"I need you to take me to the store after this," Rose said.

"Sure, what for?" Tre said.

Rose stared at him for a moment as if to say 'you don't know?'

"OH... oh okay... " Tre said when he realized she was talking about a pregnancy test.

The waiter came back within 10 minutes with a hot bowl of chicken fried rice for Rose, and egg rolls and sweet and sour pork for Tre. "Mmm, thank you Wonton."

The waiter left and Rose looked at Tre, "I bet he spat in our food."

"Nah... " Tre said.

"Well I know I would have spat in your food," Rose laughed.

The dinner was actually quite nice though there was a bit of silence between the two. After twenty minutes they had finished eating and Rose was waiting for Tre to pay.

Tre and Rose both got up from the table and walked over to the counter where all the waiters and cooks were very busy. Once Tre realized this he tapped on Rose's shoulder and said, "Hey... "

Before she knew it Tre had pulled her out of the restaurant without paying. "Hey what the hell... Why'd you do that?"

"It's too expensive in there, I can't afford that... "Tre trailed off.

Rose looked at him while they were walking quickly away from the eatery and she started to laugh, "Ha you can't afford it?"

"Well no, I'm not Donald Trump!" Tre said.

"I'm pretty sure Donald Trump doesn't eat at Disney Land," Rose laughed.

"How do you know? Are you a Donald Trump stalker?"

"No, I just know that if I was a billionaire I wouldn't eat at Disney Land either. Not that I'm degrading the restaurant you took me too without paying... " Rose said sarcastically.

"Yeah, well you know I do that sometimes."

"Do what?"

"Don't pay. I don't pay for things in stores either. I once stole an entire drum set by stuffing it in my coat," Tre said.

Rose laughed, "Must have been a pretty big coat eh?"

"Oh yes... it matched the big in my pantyhose," Tre said in a gay voice.

Rose was cracking up, "So where did you park your car?"

"Follow me... and you shall see," Tre answered. It was about 10 city blocks before they got out of the park and made there way into a parking lot. "I think this was the lot... " Tre said.

Rose started to notice when Tre was walking back and forth across different rows of cars. "Can't remember where you parked?"

"Crap... why the hell does everyone in California own a black SUV?" Tre grinned.

Rose looked around her and she saw that what Tre said was true. There was at least 10-15 SUV's in this row alone. The rest were all silver Honda Accords.

"Hmm," Tre said while trying to locate his license plate number. Amazingly enough he found it after twenty minutes of searching and after Rose's legs being tired over an hour ago.

He unlocked it and ran around to Rose's side and politely opened the door for her, "Milady," Tre said tipping his head.

Rose blushed as she got into the vehicle and Tre closed the door behind her before running around to the driver side to get in him self.

"So let's get to a store right away; because I'm going to be blunt with you I can't wait another minute with out knowing," she said as her voice turned serious.

"Yeah, okay... " Tre said and he started up the car and pulled out of the crowded parking lot.

On the way to a nearby store Rose thought of something she hadn't thought to ask Tre before. "Does anybody ever call you Frank?"

"Ah yeah, mostly just family though. Why, you wanna call me Frank?" he said turning his head towards her for a second then looking back at the road.

"I don't know. I'm so use to you being Tre Cool. It feels normal to call you Tre, that's what I called you before I met you."

"Call me Tre then... "

"Tre's not your real name though. And I think I like Frank, it sounds more human," Rose explained.

"Okay call me Frank then... " Tre smiled.

"Okay... Frank... " Rose laughed.

Frank shook his head as he smiled to himself and then pulled up in the parking lot of a gas station. "I think they sell them in here," he said nervously.

"I wouldn't have any idea," Rose said. She looked at Frank and waited for him to get out of the car. But it was obvious by the way he was sitting there he had intended for her to go in alone. "Ah... I don't have any money," Rose said shyly.

"Oh okay no problem." Frank pulled out his wallet and handed Rose a couple of twenties. "I don't think they cost much more then that."

"Once again... I wouldn't have any idea," Rose repeated. She nervously got out of the car and slowly went inside. She hated to admit it but she was embarrassed about buying a pregnancy test. It didn't help that the counter clerk was a hot young guy either. She strolled down the feminine products aisle until she stumbled upon a test. '16.99?' she thought.

Frank looked into the gas station from his car and he could tell she was scared. She grabbed the test quickly and made her way up to the counter placing it down for the young clerk to see. She didn't make eye contact with the clerk and prayed he would just hurry and ring it through.

While she was looking down she stared at the magazine rack noticed the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine. There it was her cousin's face displayed for the world to see. She picked the magazine up and threw it down on the counter.

The clerk wasn't half as paranoid about the test as she was. But he did notice how similar she looked to the 'guy' on the cover of the magazine. She finished paying and then had to wait five hours while he put it in a plastic bag for her. She practically ran out of the store and jumped back in Frank's SUV.

"You got it?" he asked her.

"Yes I got it... "

"Great, let's get out of here."

As they pulled out of the parking lot Rose pulled her issue of Rolling Stone out of the plastic bag. She opened it up to the story about Green Day.

As Frank was driving he noticed Rose with a magazine held up over her face and he saw Billie Joe's face. "Hmm, interesting read eh?"
"Ah yeah, it is," she said and she felt a little bit embarrassed. Then Rose realized she didn't give Frank back his change. "Oh here... " she said while going through her pockets and pulling out the $15 that was left.

"Nah, that's cool you can keep it."

"No it's yours, I don't want it," Rose protested.

"I don't want it either," he said.

"Take it... " Rose demanded.

"No," Tre said flat out.

Rose shrugged her shoulders and she gave in. She stuffed the money back into her pocket. Frank felt pleased with having his own way.

They arrived back at Disney Land and the first thing on Rose's list was finding a bathroom. Frank parked his SUV in the cluster of other black SUV's and the two jumped out.

As they walked back into the park Tre showed the seventeen year old girl where the nearest toilet was. She went inside with terror and Tre waited out side for her. Minutes and minutes passed in what seemed like an eternity.

Finally Rose emerged from the bathroom. The look on her face sent mixed signals to Frank. He couldn't tell if what she had found out was a good thing, or a bad thing.