Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Return

Rose had decided after what she had heard on the staircase to just go back to her room and cry her self to sleep. Nothing was going to make this week any easier. And hopefully nothing would make it any harder.

She closed her eyes facing the wall then tapped on it a few times with her knuckles before opening her hand and placing it flat. Why couldn't she get Frank off her mind? He was clouding her thoughts and making it impossible for the poor girl to rest.

She was also feeling great anger towards him right now. How could he just tell Billie Joe without talking with her first?

***

Back at the Mondrian Hotel, Tre had passed out for the night by 1:30. He woke up at 5 o'clock Tuesday morning, with a major hangover and little memory of what he had done the night before. He stumbled into the bathroom feeling drowsy and shitty.

He looked at his self in the mirror and oh did the bruise in his draw grow big. It was an awful sight. He touched it lightly but just about jumped out of his skin because of how sore it was. "Fuck... " he said to himself.

He decided to jump in the shower in an attempt to wake himself up. As he stood there in the shower with his head pounding and the water dripping down his body all he could think about was Rose.

Why couldn't he get this girl off his mind? It made him feel perverted. She was almost 18, but still underage. But the reality of it was she had loving and sexual feelings towards him because she had a woman's body and mind; and he towards her because he had a man's body and mind. In the eyes of the law it was wrong, but really it was natural feelings.

Tre hopped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He went back out to the large apartment size hotel room and sat on his bed. He stared at the phone for a moment before picking it up. He dialed room service...

"Room Service," said a woman's voice on the other line.

"Ah hi, I want to order some breakfast."

"Yes sir, go right ahead."

"I want 3 big pancakes, a bowl of froot loops, some eggs... ." Tre stopped when he was interrupted by the woman.

"How would you like your eggs sir?"
"Ah, I don't care. Surprise me. And I want some sausages deep fried in maple syrup. Can you make it happen?" Tre asked the woman.

"Yes sir, we can make anything happen."

"Good... " Tre said. "Oh and yeah do you have some painkillers down there? I could really use something good."

"Yes sir, I'm sure we can find you something."

"Awesome... thanks," Tre said and he hung up the phone.

He turned on the television and started flipping through the channels while waiting for his food to be delivered. He quickly flipped past MTV2 but then put it back when he saw Boulevard of Broken Dreams on. All he could do was stare at his friends and worry about the future of their band.

He started to hear some banging on the ceiling above him and he looked up and pulled a weird face. "Brad stop fucking her!" Tre shouted and then went back to looking at the TV.

He spaced out as he finished watching the video, and the only thing that removed him from his trance was a knock at the door. He got up all though he was still only just wearing his bath towel around his waist.

"Room Service... " a woman's voice said behind the door.

Tre opened it slowly and looked at the older woman standing with a food cart. The woman was a bit shocked to see standing there in nothing but a towel but she still went on with grabbing his food off of the cart.

"Here you are Mr. Cool," the woman said as she passed him a couple of plates and a bowl with froot loops and unpoured milk.

"Thanks," Tre said and he turned around about to set his plates down on a table when his towel fell off. The older woman was still in the door way and Tre heard her scream.

Tre didn't care that much and he picked the towel back up and wrapped it around him self. He came back over to the door, "you want a tip?"

"Ah no... that's fine sir," she said.

"Hey did you bring me any painkillers!?" Tre shouted down the hall as the woman was walking away.

She didn't turn back to look at him, "Yes sir, they are in a bag under your plate warmer."
Tre shut the door with out saying anything more. He immediately attacked his food; he hadn't had anything since yesterday afternoon and to Tre that was the same as not eating for a month.

He supposed he would head back to Berkeley today everything would have cooled down a bit now. Billie Joe might not be as angry at him anymore.

The sad thing was Tre had no memory of Billie Joe saying he wasn't mad anymore. And even scarier, he had no memory of blurting that Rose was pregnant to his green eyed friend.

In his eyes everything was still secret, besides the kiss that the two had been caught in the middle of. This would make things very interesting when he returned to Berkeley.

***

Rose was just waking up as well. Well not waking up, she never actually fell asleep that night. She was in too much shock and practically hysterical.

Before anybody in the house was even awake she grabbed her discman out of her suitcase. There it was like it had been before she left home, American Idiot still inside and undisturbed.

This album used to be her escape from the life she lived with her mom. But now she felt depressed and she would turn it on only to hear a familiar voice. There was the musical side that she recognized her cousin from; and now there was a personal side.

Rose turned it on and put her headphones over her head. It started up with American Idiot and she quickly changed it. She didn't feel in an American Idiot mood she felt in a Homecoming mood.

As she began to listen to her cousin sing it made her cry again. This song had a total new meaning for her and she couldn't handle the harsh reality of what her life had become. She was forced to turn it off.

She thought of something that might be very relaxing and good for her. Billie Joe had an in ground pool in his back yard, she would love to soak in it and maybe even accidentally drown.

She put her bathing suit on and snuck downstairs and out the sliding glass door in the kitchen. She crept into the pool and sat on the stairs with the water up to her waist. It was beautifully warm outside.

She then jumped completely in and stuck her head underwater. For almost a minute she held her breath before resurfacing. Her heart raced as she gasped in the warm Californian air.

She then laid back on the surface of the water and allowed herself to float. She gazed up at the sky as the stars slowly disappeared with the return of the morning sun.

It had only been a few minutes she had been floating with her eyes close when she looked up above her to see Frank staring down at her from the deck with a grin on his face. She jumped and just then her head smashed into the side of the pool.

"Holy shit! Ouch... What are you doing here?!" Rose said in a whispered shouting tone.

"I came back to see you," Tre said nervously. "Are you okay?"

"Yes! I mean no... " Rose said with an angry look upon her face.

She then got out of the pool as quickly as possible. She grabbed a towel that she had thrown on a lounging chair and she wrapped it around her wet body.

"What the fuck do you want?" she asked Tre feeling mad towards him for spilling the beans about everything.

"Aww, look I'm really sorry I took off and left you in there alone with your family to deal with it. I just knew they weren't going to beat you up like I was getting beat up!" Tre exclaimed.

"You think I'm worried about that?" Rose asked.

"What are you worried about then?" Tre said with a puzzled look on his face.

"You should know! You're the one that wrecked my life!" Rose said with frustration. She wasn't even referring to the fact that he got her pregnant, she was referring to the fact that he told everyone.

"I'm sorry! Okay, I don't know how to stress that enough! I am really very sorry... " Tre said and he meant every word of it.

Rose couldn't believe it when it happened. And she never would have dreamt of doing this to Tre Cool if she ever had the chance to be around him. But she charged at him and started smashing him in the chest,

"Err! How could you do this to me!" she screamed.

Tre was a bit shocked and all he could do was, hold his arm up and allow her to keep hitting him. She calmed down after a few seconds and she hugged him. He put his arms around her, "I deserve a lot more then what you can ever do to me... "

"Oh... I know... " she whispered and she rested her head against his chest and kept weeping.

Her rage had been loud enough to wake everyone in the house up and Adrienne insisted that Billie Joe go check what was happening. Billie Joe came downstairs in what was still a half dark house and he opened the patio door.

Tre heard the patio door open and he looked over at his friend standing only half awake in the doorway.