Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Disbeliever

Hours passed and Rose's entire family showed up: Billie Joe, Sarah, granddad, Joey, Jakob, Adrienne, and her many aunts and uncles. Mike showed, he too had been impatiently waiting for her to wake since that terrible night two months prior.

They all slowly packed into the average-sized hospital room. The attention was turned all onto this one lonely girl, this lonely girl that had spent the afternoon side by side with her drumming idol.

"Oh my god Rose you're awake!" Sarah shouted.

"Oh my god Sarah; I haven't seen you in years!" Rose shouted.

"In years? It's only been two months," Sarah said and she gave her sister a soft hug.

"Oh my god... Billie Joe Armstrong!" Rose shouted with excitement as she turned away from her sister.

Billie Joe was more then a little bit confused by the way she reacted to him. "Yeah here I am, in the flesh" he said sarcastically.

"Holy fuck, Mike Dirnt! Oh my god, I must be dreaming this is too wicked!" Rose said giddily.

"Rose... I already explained everything to you," Tre said.

"I don't believe you! There is no way in fucking hell Billie Joe is part of my family!" Rose said to Tre.

"I'm your cousin, just are my brothers and sisters," Billie Joe said assuring her.

Rose broke down in emotional tears, "Fuck... I am so confused."

"I know..." Tre said.

Billie Joe still didn't understand why she wasn't aware of the fact that she already knew and met all of her family and his band. "Rose, you were at my house for a week before the accident," Billie Joe said with concern.

She started shaking her head, "No...I dreamt about that. It didn't really happen. Stuff like this never happens to me. I'm just a poor young woman who lives on the east coast and never had anything good come her way."

Tre grabbed a mirror that was sitting on the night table beside Rose's hospital bed. "Rose, look at yourself..." Tre said.

"What are you doing Tre?" Sarah asked.

Rose gasped when she saw the scars adorning one side of her face. "Look past the scars Rose...look at your face." She stared at herself for a long moment. "Now look at your sister...look at Billie..."

Rose looked up from the mirror at her sister and then to her cousin and she put the mirror down flat on the bed. She sat there studying his face for a moment and the resemblance between the two was uncanny. "Oh my god...how is this...how is it possible?"

"I don't want to get cheesy, but it's all true, Rose," Billie Joe said, swallowing back a large lump in his throat.

"I think I'm going to...freak out. Oh my fucking god," Rose gasped and she felt herself starting to hyperventilate.

"Rose calm down, please," Tre begged. "This isn't good for you."

"I'm sorry...I just...fuck," Rose said.

"Mike, go get the nurse!" Tre shouted.

"Yeah sure... " Mike said and he darted out of the room.

"She's having a panic attack," Billie Joe proclaimed knowingly.

Granddad came and sat down next to his granddaughter's bed, "Rose dear, you just try to relax okay?"

"Okay ah...who are...you?" Rose asked. She should of known who he was but she hadn't really seen him before getting off that plane two months ago.

"I'm your granddad," he said and he was slightly shocked and taken aback by the fact that his own granddaughter didn't know him.

"I'm sorry granddad...I recognize your face from my...dream, I just...I am in denial right now," Rose sighed.

The nurse came rushing into the room to try and calm Rose down. She had her breathe into a special medical bag and Rose's breathing slowly returned to normal. "Oh my goodness...I'm sorry," Rose pleaded to her family.

"Yeah you're giving all of us quite the scare," Sarah said emotionless.

"You mean you guys actually give a shit about me?" Rose inquired, raising two eyebrows at the very thought of it. It seemed so unrealistic.

"What kind of fucking question is that?" Billie Joe said.

"I don't know, I've been ignored by all of you for years. I mean fuck I didn't even know I was related to Billie Joe. And if you guys had given a shit about me you would of known that I'm a huge fan of Green Day. Shit maybe even have told me? I mean my god, this group has been going for 16 years, and I have loved them since Dookie. Why haven't I known for 10 years?" Rose said feeling angry about it.

"I'm sorry Rose, we've been ignorant towards you," Billie Joe's sister Hollie finally said after everyone had remained silent about it for close to a minute, not knowing what to say.

Rose looked at Billie Joe, she could half understand why he might ignore her. He had been so busy with writing music, recording and touring. But what were their excuses? It might be better to just let it go. Forgive and forget rather.

"We're all sorry," Billie Joe said.

"Yeah that's okay Billie Joe," Rose said and she turned back to look at Tre. "So...Tre Cool, what is it with me and you? Am I really preg... " Tre put his hand over her mouth. She had failed to realize that only a select few people were aware of the pregnancy thing. Yes even still.

The rest of the family gave some weird looks to Tre as he slowly removed his hand from over her mouth. "Ah yeah... " Tre said and he trailed off. He gave Rose a look and she knew what it was, "Umm I'm going to go to the cafeteria for a coffee," Tre said and he left the room in a hurry.

"What was that all about?" Granddad asked.

"Ah, nothing granddad," Billie Joe said and he stared at Rose with the eyes of a wiseman.