Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Guitar

He took off his hat and sunglasses and placed them down on the center console. Rose stood staring for a moment. "Oh my god, you're -- no this can't be happening," she blurted out.

"What's happening?" Billie Joe asked sarcastically. He knew why she was freaked out, but he didn't know she hadn't been aware of him.

"Holy fuck!" she exclaimed, and she looked away from him. Her heart was racing now more then ever. The car became so small all of a sudden. She felt trapped. "Shit I think I'm getting a panic attack," she said as she started shaking and breathing heavily.

"Okay don't do that," Billie Joe said. "Just try to relax, I know it's hard but you got to. But remember its just me, and yeah...I'm not that great."

Holly and Sarah laughed a bit and it made Rose giggle gently too. "I'm sorry, I feel really embarrassed right now. I just wasn't expecting this, you know because I've been a fan forever and then like...oh my God."

Allen shook his head and smiled, "Yay everybody worship Billie Joe!"

Sarah elbowed him, "You're just jealous!"

"Ouch don't do that. And of course I am! It's not like I get chicks that are desperate to jump my lap!" Allen laughed.

Billie Joe laughed, "It's not that great, there's only one woman I'll sleep with anywa..."

Rose cut him off, "Adrienne?"

"Ah yeah."

Then it hit her like a tonne of bricks. 'Oh my God, Billie Joe Armstrong is my cousin. But wait...I've always had a crush on him.' She shuddered. 'I guess I'll have to forget about that'.

"So where are we going? To Grandad's or your place?" Sarah asked Billie.

"My house I do believe."

This felt way to overwhelming. She thought meeting 'regular' family was going to be tough, but this was way too much. At least this trip was not such a loss after all.

They drove for over an hour, when finally there was a sign that read, 'Berkeley'.
"I had no idea any of my family was even from Berkeley. This town is like infamous now because of you guys," Rose said to Billie Joe.

"Yeah I guess that's true. I grew up on the east side of town, it sure is poor down that way. I'm just glad to have my house and my family now," Billie Joe said and he did look quite content.

They went up a mountainous type road with beautiful trees and perfect manicured lawns. The houses got wealthier looking as they kept driving, when finally they arrived at almost the peak of the small mountain and Billie Joe pulled into the driveway of his treed-in villa. But only after electronically opening an iron gate, with remote attached to his sun visor.

Rose couldn't believe it, it was an awesome house. It kind of reminded her of the house she use to see on the Osbournes. They all got out of the car and Billie Joe leant over the roof to look at Rose. He then raised his arms in the air towards the house in a melodramtic manner, "Welcome to Paradise!"

Rose laughed, this was way too awesome. Sarah got out of the car, as did Holly and Allen follow.

"It's funny one would assume the rest of our asshole family would get here before we did. Seeing as how they left the airport first," Billie Joe grinned.

Rose noticed he called their family assholes. 'Wow, maybe he feels the same way about it as I do. That would totally rock,' she thought. "Your house is really nice... Well much better then the little dump we live in anyways," she said in a complimenting way.

"Yeah thanks."

Just then the rest of the asshole family pulled up in Grandad's Lexus. Mom jumped out with Marcy, David and Anna. Grandad got out much slower.

"So yeah, I think Adrienne has made dinner tonight. And the boys are really excited to meet you guys finally!" Billie said. He started to walk towards the front door lazily, scuffing his feet along the ground. He then opened the door, "I'm home!" he shouted.

"Hey hunny! Did you pick up your cousin and aunt?!" Adrienne yelled out from the kitchen.

"Yeah we did! They're here right now! Adi come on out and say hi!"

"Okay just a second!"

Rose was growing nervous, she felt just as stressed about meeting Adrienne as Billie Joe. In her eyes, Adrienne was another 'big famous person' too.

Then Adrienne came out slowly, and it was obvious she was shy as well. The rest of the family all packed into the house. "Hi!" Adrienne said with a smile. "So let me guess...you're Rose...and you're Aunt Sher?" she asked.

Sher spoke up, "Yes, but please just call me Sher."

"Okay no problem at all."

"Boys! Come downstairs and meet your cousin and aunt!" Adrienne shouted. Technically Sher was the boys great aunt and Rose was a second cousin.

The boys came running down the stairs. Rose couldn't believe it they were splitting images of Billie Joe. "Hi!" the younger boy Jakob shouted.

"Hey," Joey said and he smiled.

"Hi guys," Sher and Rose said simualtaniously.

"Okay guys, go wash up your hands for dinner okay?" Adrienne said. The boys nodded and took back off up the stairs.

Rose was looking around inside the main foyer to the house. It was covered in family pictures. The staircase was lined with pictures of Green Day. "William you should give them a quick tour of the house," Adrienne said to Billie Joe harassingly.

"Yeah, okay sure..." he said. "This room is a foyer, and yep nothing special here." He continued on into the living room, and there were more pictures of family and Green Day.

Rose had mostly just seen pictures of Green Day on her computer, but these were all pictures she had never seen before. One had Tre playing the drums with banana's. Then there was an after picture and it was all over his face. She started laughing, "Oh my god that's hilarious."

Billie Joe laughed slightly too, "Yeah we have fun." He headed into another room, through a set of doors, behind the massive living room. It was a room lined with gold records, posters, memorabilia and guitars. "So yeah this is my memorabilia room. It's actually my favourite room in the house. I come in here when I'm depressed and it reminds me of why I shouldn't be."

Something caught Rose's attention. A guitar in a glass case on the wall. But this wasn't just any guitar. This was that famous guitar. Billie Joe's first guitar, 'Blue'. Rose ran over to it, "Oh my god, this is 'the guitar'."

"Yeah, that's it. I'd let you touch it, but its bolted down with a thousand bolts and behind two inches of bullet proof glass," he laughed. "I retired it a few years ago, it's just good eye candy now. That and the memories."

"That's okay, staring at it is enough for me," Rose laughed.

"Dinner!" Adrienne yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay!" Billie Joe called back. "Anybody hungry?"