Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Lies Ate Him Inside

Another two months had passed and Rose hadn't even mentioned to Tre about the Hawaii thing. She just thought if it was that important to him for her not to know then she would respect that. She had complete trust in him now, after all the couple had been dating for five months. And longer she'd counted the time when she was in a coma.

She would spend most days at home, while Tre went off to the studio or to play concerts, just lying in bed or watching television. What else was there for a seven month pregnant woman to do? Not very damn much.

Since Tre was out of the house a lot Claudia would make runs to the store for Rose whenever she got a craving. These cravings varied from banana splits to black olives, which she hated.

Claudia also took Rose clothes shopping. Aside from the clothes she had brought from back east, Rose had nothing. And with a growing stomach and also packing on some weight she needed some new clothes ASAP.

She had been the happiest she had ever been in her life these past months. All though it was quite a shock to learn that she was pregnant. She was beginning to feel the effects of a woman with a man who is away a lot. This was something Adrienne dealt with a lot and even Mike's girlfriend Brittney.

Rose hadn't really rebuilt her relationship with Sarah since coming to California. Sarah seemed to always hold a grudge against her for whatever reason. She couldn't understand what it was, but she was due to find out someday.

***

One morning in December Rose woke up after falling asleep alone again and she heard the shower going in the bathroom. She sat up and looked at the trail of Tre's clothing leading into the bathroom. This brought a smile to her face; she hadn't been expecting Tre home today. He was supposed to be in Australia playing two shows. But obviously he had flown back in a hurry to see her thereafter.

Rose got out of bed and started picking Tre's clothes up off the floor. She held them up to her face and deeply breathed in his scent. She loved the way he smelled; it was such a familiar smell to her.

She picked all his clothing up and put it in the laundry hamper before turning around to quietly sneak into the bathroom. The shower was very hot and the entire room was steamed to the point of blinding.

Rose undressed herself and she stepped into the shower quietly behind Tre. She ran her hands across his wet back and he was more then a little surprised. He turned around and he kissed her as the water rained down on both their naked bodies.

"I missed you..." Rose said as their lips parted.

"I missed you too," Tre said and he ran his hand over her pregnant belly.

The rest of the shower was quite silent but very sensual and passionate. They washed each others bodies before Tre hopped out and grabbed a towel for Rose. He wrapped it around her lovingly.

Tre felt horrible about sleeping with Sarah even still. And he wanted to treat Rose with all the love and respect in the world to make up for it.

The only break he had had from Sarah's harassment was when he left for Australia to finish up the American Idiot tour. But even then Sarah still called him and told him how much she missed him.

How the hell was he supposed to escape from the trap that Sarah had made for him? Tre's first thought was killing her; but no that wasn't his style. Maybe he should just confess and tell Rose everything. He thought he would but he was too afraid Rose would freak out and leave him. And not only that, Billie Joe would kick his ass again.

Tre put some clothes on over his damp body and looked at Rose. He smiled but he felt like crying right now and he took off right away to his small downstairs recording studio.

Rose thought it was kind of odd he left the room before she even had a chance to get dressed. She went downstairs slowly when she heard a guitar playing a slow mournful tune. She followed the sound until she discovered Tre in his recording studio with a guitar and his back turned to the door.

"I didn't know you played guitar that much," Rose said.

Tre was startled and he jumped slightly. He didn't turn to face her, "Ah, I don't that much; mostly just when I'm alone."

"How come you're alone?" Rose said as she came into the room and sat on the stool behind Tre's drum set.

"I don't know. I just feel like it," Tre said.

Rose heard Tre sniffle like he was crying and he still wouldn't turn towards her, "What's wrong Frank?"

"Nothing!" he snapped. He didn't want to snap at her but he didn't know what else to do. The world could have ended right now and he wouldn't have cared because he was feeling so depressed and terrible.

"Well jeeze I'm so fucking sorry for giving a shit about you!" Rose exclaimed.

"Rose I'm sorry...please don't be that way," Tre apologized.

"No...fuck you! I'm beginning to see why you've been divorced twice already! All you do is worry about your career and you lie through your fucking teeth to me!" Rose said and she got up from the drum set to leave the room.

Tre threw his guitar down and ran after Rose. He stopped her by grabbing her arm, "I can't believe you have the nerve to mention my career! Don't you know it means fucking everything to me!? I thought you were a different kind of woman Rose. I thought you wouldn't complain about what my job entails me to do!"

"Why did you have to lie to me Frank?" Rose cross-examined rightfully. She looked down at Tre still holding her arm, tight and unwielding. "Let go of me!"

"Lie to you about what?" Tre asked still holding her arm.

"Hmm, about what?" Rose laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tre said.

"Maybe you should just go to Hawaii and get a hint..." Rose said and she snapped her arm out of his grip and left the room.

Tre stood there in shock. How did she know that he had lied to her about that? And why hadn't she mentioned it to him until now? Tre placed his hands on his head like he was going to pull his hair out. "Fuck..." he whispered and he placed his back against the wall and slowly slid down it.

Rose went back to her and Tre's bedroom and she cried her eyes out. She wasn't really mad about Tre being away a lot of the time. She just missed him and it was something to say on her end of the argument.

She fell asleep and early in the afternoon Tre came into the bedroom and just stared at her as she slept. She looked so beautiful and he felt so undeserving of her; which is ironic because that had been the way Rose felt about being with him.

If only Rose knew why he had lied to her; Tre just decided at this moment he was too cowardly to let her know. He loved her enough that he didn't want anything, even telling the truth, to affect their relationship.

Hopefully lying about Hawaii was the last lie he would have to make. But Sarah still harassed Tre on a daily basis. She wanted more and more out of him. And on several occasions she had even forced Tre to bribe her with money. Because she still maintained that if Tre didn't do like she said, everything would come out in the open.

Rose stirred slightly in the bed but didn't wake up. Tre lay down next to her gently, as not to disturb her. He put his arm around her body kissed her neck and closed his eyes.

The two slept the afternoon away. In the early evening when Tre woke up Rose was not lying beside him anymore. But he did smell something awesome cooking downstairs. He got up and followed the smell down to the kitchen.

Rose was standing at the stove and at the kitchen table sat Billie Joe and Sarah. "Hey man," Billie said.

"Hi Tre..." Sarah smirked.

"Ah, hi..." Tre said and he looked at Rose.

She turned her head to look over at him slowly and sighed. She then looked down and back towards the stove.

"How come you just woke up?" Billie Joe asked Tre.

"Ah, I don't know. I was just really tired," Tre lied, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Hmm, Rose invited us over for dinner," Sarah said and she looked at her sister and glared behind her back.

Tre saw the look she gave her sister and he gave an equal hateful glare towards Sarah. Billie Joe was tapping his foot and rocking his head back and forth to a tune he was humming.

"Hey Rose how come you only invited me over; why not any of my other siblings?" Billie Joe questioned.

Rose looked slightly embarrassed. She didn't want Billie Joe to think she favored him of all her cousins just because she was a fan of his music. She just really did like him the best of all her family. She could relate to him the most; it had always been that way, even before she knew him. It was her life and his lyrics.

"It's because you're famous Billie Joe. Rose can't be inviting boring people over now can she?" Sarah smirked and she looked like she thought she was the greatest thing in the world. Even though she wasn't famous, hadn't saved anyone's life, and lived in a crappy one bedroom apartment.

Rose looked down as her face went red. Tre sat down at the table with Billie Joe and Sarah. "I don't think that's true," Tre said.

Sarah looked at Tre and lifted her eyebrow, "What was that?"

"I don't think it's very nice to be sayin... ." Tre started saying before being cut off by Sarah's foot stamping his under the table. "Oww... fuck!" Tre said and he jumped up.

"Whoa what happened?" Billie Joe asked.

Rose looked over at the table and saw Frank look at her then at Sarah. After the fight her and Frank had earlier she was surprised that Frank was sticking up for her. 'He really loves me,' she thought. "Are you okay babe?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, I... I just got bit by something. Probably just a nerve... " Tre said and he sat back down and once again glared at Sarah. She just looked away and smiled.

Rose looked back at the stove her vegetables were over cooking and she quickly pulled them off the burner placing the pot down on the counter. She quickly put some oven mitts on and pulled her roast out of the oven, placing it down beside the vegetables.

"Okay dinner's ready," Rose smiled.

"I didn't know you cooked," Tre said.

"Yeah... first time," Rose laughed. "Sarah, do you think you could set the table?" Rose asked kindly.

"Yeah sure... " Sarah said getting up and looking through the cupboards with a sour look on her face.

"Can I help you with anything babe?" Tre asked his seven month pregnant girlfriend.

"Nope... just sit there and enjoy not having a bowling ball in your stomach," Rose joked.

"Ah okay, I'll help," Tre laughed. He jumped up from his seat and started helping Rose put the food onto separate plates.

The food was placed on the table nicely and Rose even lit some candles. She wanted it to be a special dinner. This was something she wasn't used to having back at home. Claudia came into the room with a big smile on her face, "Mm that smells delicious," she said.

"Thank you, it's ready so just find a spot at the table," Rose said.

Claudia sat down on the opposite side of the table as Tre. "Frankito, dinner!" Claudia shouted.

"Coming mommy!" Frankito yelled from his bedroom upstairs. Just then a rustle of footsteps were heard coming down the stairs quickly.

"Don't run!" Claudia shouted. They all heard the little boys dramatically slow down.

"I can't wait to try this... " Billie Joe said.

Sarah sat back down at the table next to Tre who had finished his small portion of work in the kitchen. Rose went into the fridge to pour herself a glass of milk just as Frankito came in and sat down next to his mother.

Just as Rose was pouring her glass the milk carton fell to the floor and she grabbed her stomach, "Uhhhh... " she groaned.

Tre jumped up from his seat, "Rose?" He came over to her stepping through the spilt milk and he turned her around.

"Ah, I'm okay... I just Uhhh... fuck!" she said as she leant over the counter.

"It's okay. Just relax... " Tre said and he lovingly rubbed her back. He turned his head to see Sarah smiling again. 'What a sadistic twisted bitch,' he thought. How on earth could she be friends with Adrienne?

Billie Joe was looking at his friend and at this moment he had sort of changed his mind about Tre and Rose. Tre seemed to be very 'faithful' and loving to his cousin. And as long as he made her happy, he was happy too.

"I'm sorry..." Rose said.

"God, why in the hell would you be sorry?" Tre asked.

"For wrecking dinner...I guess I'm okay now though..." Rose said and Tre helped her over to the table. He sat her down next to his seat.

He looked at her remorsefully, but he was equally glad that they were not fighting anymore. He knew he deserved to be beaten to a pulp; and he thought what wasn't in the open couldn't hurt anyone.

Except himself.