Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Attempted

As Tré pulled up in the parking lot of the Waterfront Plaza Hotel Sarah was sitting on a curb in front of the fenced-in in ground pool. He easily found a vacant parking space for his SUV on this cool January evening.

He was not in a hurry to get out of his vehicle; and before he even did Sarah got up and started walking towards him. He sighed as he looked at her. She was like a moral vampire waiting to suck every ounce of his dignity out of him.

She opened up the driver's door for him and he slowly got out. He stood in front of her with a dumbfound look. "Hi... " he muttered.

"Aw, Tré don't sound so happy to see me," Sarah said.

"Ah sorry... " he said.

"No time for that. Let's get a room," Sarah said.

"Okay... " Tré said as he slowly started walking towards the Plaza.

Sarah unexpectedly interloped her arm around Tré's. 'Just like a real couple' in her mind. As they walked into the Hotel Lobby and up to the counter Tré was once again confronted by the same sexist staff member.

"Hello welcome to the Waterfront Hotel Plaza. Will you and your 'new' wife be requiring a single or double bedded room this evening?" the man asked. It was obvious he remembered Tré and very obvious he remembered that this wasn't the same woman he had been with.

"Yes I am his new wife. We're very excited!" Sarah said and she waved around a diamond ring that was on her left hand.

Tré watched her wave a fake engagement ring around. What was this about? Control over him? Hate for Rose? Or was it an obsession? "A single bed will be fine," Tré said. How could the world's favorite drumming clown be made so upset over the doings of one woman?

"Certainly sir," the man said and he pulled out a room key.

"Thanks... " Frank muttered and started walking towards the suites quickly. He just wanted to get this over with.

Sarah tagged behind. "Booboo wait up... " Sarah said giving him a nickname that made it sound like they were really close.

Tré opened the suite door and stepped in and automatically took off his shoes and lay down on the bed. It was becoming like a routine for him; he knew what he was expected to do.

Sarah undressed herself and jumped on top of Tré. She started kissing him and removing his shirt. "Mmm... " she mumbled.

Tré lay almost lifeless as Sarah overtook his body. Sure the sex felt great but he wasn't even that turned on by her. And she knew this as well because he would go soft right in the middle of it all.

"Tré... I want you to do more then just lay there," Sarah finally said and she stopped for a few minutes. "You're really starting to not satisfy me at all. And that's not good for you."

"Not good for me?" Tré asked nervously.

"Tré... I love you," Sarah admitted.

"What the fuck. You do?" Tré said in a surprised voice.

"Mmhmm. I love you so much. And I don't want to have to tell Rose about what we do behind closed doors. But you're leaving me no choice Tré. You're refusing to give me what I want," Sarah said.

"Fuck..." Tre said as he tried to think of what to do. He felt so mad at her, she was destroying his relationship with the love of his life. He made a drask decision...

Ahhhh! Ahhhh!" Sarah screamed and before she knew it she was laying on the floor in pain. "Fuck! What did you do to me!" Sarah screamed at Tré.

"Fuck you!" Tré shouted as he hysterically ran around trying to find his clothes. He managed to get dressed in a hurry and he darted out of the Hotel Suite and out to his SUV in the parking lot. He never even looked back, he just knew that he hurt Sarah severely.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... .oh my god... " Tré kept repeating quickly. He sped away at top speed and steered onto the road of the unknown.

Tré thought, 'What the fuck am I supposed to do now? I need to tell some one what I've done. But who is there to tell? Rose is not an option. Billie Joe... no he's related to Sarah. Mike... he's... Mike!'

Tré fumbled around the vehicle for his cell phone while at the same time driving. He found it on the floor by his brake pedal and just about drove into a telephone pole trying to pick it up.

He was shaken up over what had just happened he was barely able to keep his finger steady on the phones keypad. He found Mike's cell on his auto dialer and managed to place the call. It rung and rung and rung until eventually a soft voice appeared on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Mike?"

"Yeah? Who is this? What time is it?"" Mike asked.

"It's Tré man. Look I did something really fucked up and I really need to talk to someone... " Tré gasped.

"What'd you do?" Mike asked with concern.

"What's going on?" Tré heard Mike's girlfriend say in the background.

"I'm not sure... " is all Mike said.

"Mike, please come meet me. I really need you right now man," Tré said and he broke into tears.

"Holy fuck dude... did you and Rose get into a fight?" Mike asked.

"No...I mean yes. But that's not what this is about... " Tré said.

"Where are you?" Mike said as he started sounding slightly more awake.

"I'm just driving into downtown Oakland. Can you meet me at your café?" Tré begged.

"Ah... yeah I guess so man. I'll be there in fifteen minutes," Mike said.

"Thanks Mike. I love you man!" Tré said and he hung up his phone. He pulled into the parking lot of the 'Can't Fail Café' and sat and waited in his vehicle. His heart was beating out of his chest.

***

"Are you getting out of bed?" Mike's girlfriend asked with disappointment.

"Yeah... I have to. Tré sounds pretty messed up right now. I'm just going to go down to the café and find out what's wrong. I'll be back in two hours no later," Mike said. And with that the bassist got dressed and darted downstairs and jumped in his BMW.

***

"Such an idiot! Fuck!" Tré said shouting at himself in the privacy of his SUV outside the closed café. All he could think about was how he'd probably jeopardized Rose ever being his wife, the future of Green Day as he knew it, and his long lived relationship with Billie Joe.

Just then Mike's BMW turned into the parking lot right next to Tré's SUV. Mike got out slowly and approached the driver's side of Tré vehicle. Mike could see that Tré had been crying and he knocked on Tre's window.
Tré rolled down his power window and couldn't even look Mike in the face. "You want to go inside?" Mike asked. Tré just nodded and somehow managed to find the door handle and step out onto the pavement.

Mike didn't ask any questions just then. He just turned around and led the drummer up to the door of the closed café. He unlocked the door and stepped into the dark room fumbling to find the light switch.

When the lights came on Mike was given a full clear view of the appearance of one of his best friends. "Shit man... what happened to you?" Mike asked. Mike could see Tré's face was swollen up from crying, and his hair was an uncared for mess. And his hands...

They were stained with red splotches... .

"What the fuck happened!?" Mike demanded.

"I... I... "is all Tré managed to say.