Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Family Reunion

Rose and everybody packed out to the dining room, which was more like a grand hall. "I don't think we'll have a problem all fitting at this massive table," Rose laughed.

Billie Joe laughed as he sat down next to Adrienne and gave here a kiss on the cheek. Then his cellphone went off. "Yeah, what is it?"

"How's your family thing going?"

"Great, but we're just about to eat dinner so I'll call you back later," Billie Joe said and he hung up his phone and stuffed it back in his pocket. "So yeah, how old are you Rose?" he said and he started to help himself to some potatoes.

"Seventeen."

"Right on, I can remember when I was..." Billie said and he got cut off by his cellphone ringing again. He looked at the call display and he sighed, "What Tre?"

"Can I come over for dinner? I'm bored and hungry."

"No this is strictly a family thing."

Rose felt excited to hear that Billie Joe was talking to Tre Cool on the other line. She loved Tre, even more so then Billie Joe. She though he had wicked awesome humor.

"Hmm well fine, I always thought I was family to you," Tre said and he pretended to start to cry.

"I'll call you later..." Billie Joe said, and he hung up his phone again. This time he turned it off before he stuffed it back in his pocket.

Rose couldn't keep her eyes off of Billie Joe. This still could not be happening. Yep any moment now she would be waking up in her bedroom back at home.

Billie Joe noticed that Rose was staring at him still. "You..ahh want something to eat?" Billie asked her.

She looked away and her face turned red, "Ah yeah of course thanks." She started to fill her plate with peas, roastbeef and potatoes.

Her mom was sat beside her and I think it was mostly for comfort reasons. "Are you having a good time?" her mom whispered to her.

"Yeah I guess..." she said. She didn't want to sound too happy even though she was ecstatic.

Billie Joe gobbled down his supper quickly, "Thanks Adi that was awesome."

"You're welcome," she smiled.

After dinner was over the house phone rang. Billie Joe stood up, "Just a second, I bet that's Tre again." He ran over to pick it up, "Hello?"

"Hey Bill it's Mike. Look I'm brainstorming some really great ideas for our next album, can we get together sometime?"

"Ah yeah sure, I have some family over right now, but you can come meet them. Oh yeah and tell Tre to come too, because he wanted to come over really bad."

"Will do..." Mike said and he hung up.

As Billie Joe got off the phone all Rose could think about was how he had said 'tell Tre to come too'. In other words Tre and someone else.

"Who was that?" Billie's sister Marcy asked.

"Just Mike."

"Ah, is he coming over?"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure."

Rose had it figured out, Tre Cool was coming over with Mike Dirnt! If this actually was happening in real life, it was a Green Day fan fantasy.

Rose's mom went off to spend time with the rest of the family. Billie Joe took Rose and showed her a large scrapbook of all the pictures from his career. It had promo shots, concert shots and shots of them in the studio. "This is really awesome," Rose said with a smile on her face.

"I thought you'd like it. I can imagine how weird this must be for you. I mean I'm a fan of a lot of groups and I can just picture how weirded out I'd be if I was related to one of them," he laughed.

Rose laughed similar to him, "Yeah...it is kind of awkward for me. I mean all your music has been so inspirational to me. I just thought you should know that...." her face turned slightly somber. "Your lyrics have stopped me from commiting suicide more times then I can count on all my fingers and toes. I could just tell in your lyrics that you understood me."

"Wow, does it really have that effect? I didn't realize that...thank you. But why have you been suicidal?" he asked, and he looked concerned for her.

"Because of my panic disorder. I have too much anxiety to make friends or anything. I sit alone in my room smoking dope playing the same fucking songs on my guitar. Nothing ever changes, and my mom will never stop giving me that look that says, 'you're a freak'."

"That's harsh, I'm really sorry."

Rose started crying slightly and again she didn't want anybody to see, least of all Billie Joe. "I'm sorry..." she said.

"Hey... You don't have to be sorry," Billie said, and he hugged her.

It felt so good to be cared about she thought. The warmth of his embrace made her feel loved. Even her own mom didn't hug her that often. "Thank you. You're as nice as I pictured you would be, if I ever had the chance to meet you."

"Yeah I'm a good guy..." he gloated about himself sarcastically. It made Rose laugh again.

An hour or so had passed, and then the doorbell went off in the foyer. Billie Joe went out into the main foyer while the rest of the family were still chatting it up in the dining room.

Rose waited for Billie to open the front door, before going out into the foyer. "Hey what's up?" she heard a peculiar yet familiar sounding voice say. She came out into the foyer nervously, and that's when she sighted a Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt, both walking in the front door.

"Hi," Rose said in a small nervous voice.

"Guys this is my cousin Rose..." Billie smiled, proudly introducing the mature young lady.

"Hi Rose," Mike and Tre said simualtaneously.

They closed the front door and the four of them then headed off into the living room. Rose sat down on the right side of the couch. Tre sat in the middle and Mike on the left while Billie Joe opted to take his own chair.

Rose noticed as Tre turned towards her while Billie and Mike were talking. "You're hot..." he said.

Rose blushed and Billie Joe noticed that Tre was hitting on her. "Tre..." he said, trying to get his friends attention. Tre didn't notice Billie Joe talking to him and he kept saying suggestive things to Rose. "Tre!" Tre jumped and turned to Billie. "Stop hitting on my cousin!"

"Sorry, can't blame a guy for having interest," Tre said. Normally a person would be embarrassed, but he shrugged it right off. "So how old are you?"

"Seventeen..." Rose replied, she could feel her cheeks red and flushed.

"That's okay I like 'em young..."

Billie Joe heard what Tre said, and he came over and punched him in the arm. "Stop it!" Billie yelled at him.

"Ouch....that was completely unnecessary," Tre said, as he rubbed his bruising arm.

Rose was very attracted to Tre; she couldn't believe he had called her hot. And she could not believe Billie Joe was being so protective of her.

There was someone in her family now that she cared for. She knew now, they cared for her too.