Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Agreement

The family stayed the day at the hospital as a distraught Rose was never let out of Tré's grasp. He held her as she broke down; he held her as she came to her senses and realized what had happen had really happened. She suffered a nervous breakdown.

The doctor had explained to her that she would probably be able to go home the next day but would have to rest up. Well, since she did technically leave Frank's house to live with her cousin once again; where would she be moving now? It seemed Frank and her were getting along again, so she was sure they'd live together 'once again'.

Mike had left that afternoon because he was spending way too much time away from Britney. Billie Joe and Adrienne stuck around till about 6 o'clock that evening. Adrienne insisted they go visit Sarah before leaving the hospital. Billie was shifty about the idea but agreed.

When they went to visit her, a nurse informed them that she'd already checked out of the hospital that same day.

"She sure got out quickly... " Billie Joe remarked.

"Yeah, I wonder why she hasn't called me," Adrienne said.

"Hmm... Who knows," Billie said as he looked around the room nervously.

"Oh well... Let's go," Adi said as she started to pull her husbands hand.

"Okay... That sounds like a good idea," Billie said quickly.

***

"Rose... " Tré whispered in her ear as he held her from behind as they were both curled up in the fetal position.

"Hmm... " she said softly. Her tears had subsided for the meantime and she just felt lucky to have Frank with her.

"I'm sorry this happened... " he whispered again.

"Me too... " she said and went silent for a few moments. "He was really beautiful... " Rose said.

"You saw him?" Tré asked curiously.

"Of course... How could I miss something that beautiful? Well, the blood wasn't beautiful. But I remember seeing him......... Before everything went black on me," she sighed.

Just then a nurse or medical assistant of some sort came into the room silently and saw the two holding each other. She seemed nervous to approach a conversation with the sad couple

Tré lifted his head and noticed the woman who stood with a clipboard. "Yes?" Tré asked.

"I'm sorry to burden you with this right now. But we need you to sign your son's birth certificate. It's for medical file purposes," the nurse added.

"You do it... " Rose said to Tré.

He nodded his head, "Okay."

"Here sir... " the nurse said as she handed him the clipboard and a pen.

Tré examined the open fields on the certificate. "Date of birth. February 1st, 2006," he said to himself quietly as he wrote. "Name...." he looked at the nurse with puzzlement. "Name... " he then turned to look at Rose. "Rose... What's his name?"

Rose had to wipe new tears from her swollen eyes, "Ah... Michael.... Michael Edwin Wright."

Tré gave her a subtle smile. "That's a good name," he said before leaning in and kissing her.

As their lips parted Rose looked Tré in his perfect blue eyes, "Yes... It's a beautiful name."

Tré looked back at the birth certificate that the nurse was patiently waiting for. "Michael Edwin Wright," he said and wrote it down. He then signed his name in the 'father's' field of the certificate. As much as he hated to make Rose sign it he passed her the paper and pen to sign her name in the 'mother's field. '

Rose took up the pen and looked down on the paper that confirmed and legalized the birth of her first and only son; her son, who was no longer existent. "Shouldn't you be asking us to sign a death certificate?" Rose asked the nurse more then a little defensively.

"I'm sorry dear. The doctor asked me to get this information from you. I really am very sorry for your loss," the nurse said kindly.

"Yeah, of course you are. I mean it's not like people die around you all the time," Rose said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry... " the nurse said before taking the clipboard and pen back from Rose and leaving the room.

"Rose... " Tré said like he thought she was unfair to the poor nurse.

"What?" Rose said looking cross but really only just crying from the inside out.

"Umm... Never mind. You get some rest. I'll take you home tomorrow," Tré said.

"Okay... " Rose said as she settled back down into her bed. "Hmm... Frank?"

"Yeah?" Tré answered.

"How's my sister?" Rose asked. She had been very mad at Sarah for what she had done. And even more mad at Tré; but decided after losing her son, and nearly losing her own life she didn't wish to hold grudges anymore.

"Ah... She's good I guess," Tré answered nervously.

"Is she still in the hospital?" Rose questioned.

"Nah... I don't think so."

"Oh... When did she get out?"

"Today sometime," Tré answered. How did Tré know all this? It wasn't like he'd been to see Sarah or talked to her doctor.

"Frank?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you still love me?"

"God... Of course I do. I love you more than playing the drums. And for me that's saying a lot," Tré smiled.

"Yeah... " Rose giggled femininely.

"Rose?" Tre said eagerly wanting to ask his own question.

"Hmm?"

"Do you still want to marry me and be my wife?"

There were a few moments of silence in that hospital room, "Yeah...of course I do."

"Yes!" Tré said giddily.

Tré's giddiness brought some happiness to the worst day of Rose's life. "You're special," Rose laughed.

"Yeah...special needs," Tré said mocking himself.

The two fell asleep side by side.

***

"I'm so glad Rose is alright," Adrienne said as she crawled into bed beside her husband.

"Yeah...me too," Billie said as he lay there next to his wife on their plush king size bed.

Adrienne shut the lamp off on the night table beside her side of the bed and sunk down into the comfort of their duvet. "Night Billie... " Adrienne said and she closed her eyes.

"Night babe... " Billie said. Adrienne was asleep now and so should've he been; he just couldn't get to sleep. He was upset over Rose and Tre, upset over baby Michael and couldn't get a discussion he had with Mike earlier about Sarah off his mind.

Both he and his bassist friend had come to an agreement about what should be done with Sarah. And oh was it ever revengeful.