Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Revenge of Mike Dirnt

Billie Joe was on his way into Oakland when his cell phone went off. "Ah crap..." he said to himself as he fumbled to grab it out of his pant pocket whilst driving at the same time. He picked it up, "Ahh..ah hello?"

"Bill man, where are you?" said an excited Mike Dirnt on the other line.

"Just on my way into town. You want to meet me at the cafe?" Billie asked as he made a turn off at a fork in the road.

"Yeah, of course. Ah, is it okay if I bring Tre with me? I know we agreed to leave him out of this. But I think he of all people deserves the pleasure and satisfaction that comes with screwing Sarah over," Mike laughed.

"Ah, yeah I guess. But how come he's not at home with Rose?" Billie Joe questioned with much concern.

"I don't know...I think they got in a fight," Mike said quickly.

"Don't tell him that!" Tre shouted at Mike in the background.

"He would of wondered anyways!" Mike shouted back. "Ah...hi," Mike said as he resumed talking to Billie.

"Ah...hi," Billie said. "So yeah, you guys meet me at the cafe in fifteen minutes."

"Okay, we'll be there," Mike said and hung up.

"Okay..." Billie said to himself as Mike hung up before he had a chance to say another word.

Within five minutes the green-eyed rock star pulled up outside in the parking lot of Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. Mike's BMW was nowhere in sight yet, so he decided to just go on in.

"Hey Joe, how's it going?" said a waitress who noticed him as he came through the door.

"Had better days..." Billie muttered.

"Yikes, what happened?" the waitress asked.

"Ah, nevermind. I'm sorry. How are you doing?" Billie said with more friendliness.

"I'm pretty good. Well as good as a single mother who works eighteen hours a day can be," she laughed.

"Ah yeah. Hasn't Mike given you a raise?" Billie asked.

"Hmm...no, not last time I checked," she grinned.

"Oh well, I'll talk to him about it," Billie smiled.

"Thanks...just don't get me fired," she gasped and laughed at the same time.

"Nah, Mike wouldn't fire you."

"He could...some annoying customer put in the complaint box that I burnt his toast."

"Meh, that won't faze Mike."

"I guess you're right...I don't know him that well anyways."

"I'm sorry...what's your name again?" Billie asked.

"April. And don't worry about it. You're not the first person to forget about me. I just sort of come and go..."

"Ah, yeah I'm sorry. I just meet so many new faces all the time. It gets hard to remember names. We haven't met before have we? Because I recognize your face A LOT," Billie laughed.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Yeah..." Billie said nervously uncertain of what her response was supposed to mean.

"So, what can I get you?" April asked as she stood behind the counter in her work attire.

"Ah...just a double double," Billie muttered before taking a seat in a booth and looking out a window into the parking lot.

"A double double?" the waitress inquired.

"It's a Canadian thing," Billie told her. "Coffee, two creamers two sugars please."

"Ah, I got you."

Just then Mike's black BMW pulled up in the drive way....

***

"Are you sure about this man?" Tre asked Mike as they both got out of the car.

"I'm totally sure of this," Mike said as he leant over the top of his car to look at Tre who was leant over it on the opposit side.

"I want to get back at her. But man...this seems extreme," Tre sighed.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. All our lives will be more stress free," Mike added.

"Yeah, I agree," Tre said and the two made their way into the cafe.

***

"Hey you guys!" Billie said as he motioned with his hand for his two friends to join him in the booth.

"Hey, man how goes it?" Mike said.

"Life's never been so stress free as it is at this time," Billie said sarcastically.

"Hmm yeah..." Tre sighed.

Everybody had noticed it, for months. Tre wasn't the same man he had been most of his life. His humorous puns and comical randomness was almost nill. It would be wrong to blame it on Rose; he had been the one that approached her. And it was hardly her fault the baby had died. That was more then likely his fault for putting so much stress on her.

Whatever had happened to Tre mentally in the last few months; it was making him a very unfunny but rather serious person.

Tre sat down in the booth along with Mike. The waitress came over to the table with her head held high. "So what can I get all you fellers?" she asked as she placed Billie's coffee down in front of him.

"What I like is written on a chart on the wall beside the refrigerator," Mike smiled.

"Hehe, okay," April laughed.

Tre looked up at the waitress and into her eyes, "Hmm...I'll just have a glass of water."

"Umm...sure. Okay, I'll be right back," the waitress responded.

"A glass of water? Man I know you're depressed, but don't be so dull," Billie said. "How come you and Rose are fighting?"

"I don't know... Did you notice something funny about our waitress?" Tre said unintentionally changing the subject.

"Yeah kind of, why?" Billie asked.

"I don't know, I just recognize her or something," Tre added.

"Yeah me too," Mike said. "I haven't met her before though, the manager hired her."

"What's her name?" Tre asked.

"Ah...April," Billie Joe said, he was pleased he finally remembered.

Tre all of a sudden went wide eyed as a siren went off in his brain. "Oh my god..."

The waitress came back to the table, "Here's your drinks..."

"Ah, thanks..." Tre said slowly while observing her closer.

"What?" Mike asked as she walked away.

"That isn't the same April I met at the bar that night is it?" Tre asked.

"Who her? Wait what night at the bar?" Billie questioned.

"Remember...the YMCA?" Tre said.

"Oh yeah...but you've done that lots of times," Billie laughed.

"Oh my god..." Mike said as he realized something. "Is she the chick that stole my Rolexes?"

"That's what I was thinking!" Tre said with excitement. "Except, it looks like she's dyed her hair red."

"Wow, she sure knows us well. I guess she knew none of us would probably recognize her that's why she's so confident around us," Billie said and he too was just as shocked.

"Yeah but...if she's the person that stole them, then why the hell is she working in a cafe as a waitress? And my cafe of all places," Mike added.

"Hmm...good point. She was even talking to me about getting a raise before you guys came in," Billie said.

"Maybe she was in debt..." Tre said cleverly.

"Hmm...another good point," Billie said again.

"She wants a raise? After robbing me? What am I going to do?" Mike asked the advice of his friends.

"I don't know....confront her?" Tre suggested.

"Yeah, just confront her man. What's the worst that could happen?" Billie said.

"I don't know..." Mike said nervously.

"Go on, do it," Tre said.

For a few minutes Green Day forgot about its revenge scheme against Sarah. It would have to be put on hold for the moment.

Mike Dirnt had another bone to pick...