Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Dream of Youth

Mike got out of his BMW to meet Billie. "Okay so you have the number?" Mike asked Billie.

"Yep," Billie smirked with no guilt about him.

"Great...so who's calling?" Mike questioned.

"Umm...I don't know. Is Tre going to get out of the car?" Billie asked as he looked at Tre sitting in the passenger seat with his head bowed down shamefully.

"Hmm...let's see," Mike said and he walked back over to his car and tapped on the window. Tre looked up quickly. Mike motioned to Tre to get out of the car.

Tre was very slow but he complied; he was well aware that this was a job that required being done now. The sooner the better. He stammered his feet to the oily pavement of the roadside gas station, just outside of Oakland. "Okay, so now what?" Tre asked.

"Umm...Tre...do you want us to let you do the honors? I mean, she did fuck you over the most. She hasn't even fucked Mike over really before," Billie said.

"No...I don't deserve to feel the pleasure this would give me," Tre sighed.

"What the fuck?" Mike asked.

"What..." Tre said.

"Man I know you're upset about the baby. I am too...but this will make you feel a hell of a lot fucking better. I promise," Billie said assuringly.

"Yeah...maybe," Tre sighed again.

"It will..." Mike agreed.

"Fine! If you guys are too pussy to do it I guess I'll have to," Tre snapped.

"That's what we want to hear!" Billie said with excitement.

"You have a quarter?" Tre said as he picked up a pay phone off of its reciever.

"Not sure..." Billie said as he searched his pockets. Mike also searched his pockets thoroughly. Change was not something they often kept on them; they were more accustomed to using credit and debit cards.

"Never mind, I found one," Tre said as he bent down and picked a quarter off the ground below the pay phone.

"And people say we're not punk...we still pick money up off the ground," Mike laughed.

"How true..." Billie smiled.

"How do you know this plan will work?" Mike asked Billie.

"Because...Sarah can't afford any I.D., and her drivers licensce expired months ago," Billie smiled with satisfaction at the 'plan' he had carefully planned out.

Tre didn't pay much attention to either of them. But he did hear the part about Sarah having no I.D. "Ah yeah...so what's the number?"

"Ahh...555-6584," Billie recited from where he had written it in black pen on the back of his hand.

Tre dialed the number and let the phone ring until someone picked up. "Good afternoon, California Department of Justice for Immigration Review," a man said.

"Hi...umm...I'm calling to report someone I know who is an illegal alien in this country," Tre said lazy like and unprofessional.

"Alright sir...umm would you mind disclosing your name?" the man asked.

"Umm...sure I will, but you got to promise me the person I'm ratting on won't hear my name," Tre said.

"Oh no sir, we keep all calls confidential," the man promised.

"Oh okay. That's good. Umm...I'm Tre Cool," Tre said nervously.

"Tre Cool..." the man repeated quietly as he was obviously writing it down. "Umm, is that your real name?" the man asked curiously.

"Yes...yes of course it is," Tre said.

"Alright sir, and where are you calling from today?"

"Oakland California."

"Okay...and umm...who is this person you are reporting?" he asked.

"She's this woman I've been dating. She's from Palestine, and I just found out she doesn't have a green card or any I.D.. I can't not turn her in. I mean, I always obey the law. It would have been wrong of me not to call you," Tre said to the man, making himself seemingly appear an innocent angel.

Mike and Billie were giggling quietly in the background. They thought Tre was pulling it off very nicely considering how upset he obviously was.

"Alright sir...can you give me her name; where does she reside?" the man from the Justice Department asked.

"Her name's Sarah Moore, she lives at 244 Bay Rd, in Oakland," Tre answered.

"Her name's Sarah Moore?" the man asked.

"Yes..." Tre said.

"And she's from Palestine you say?" he asked.

"Yes why?" Tre asked and was starting to grow impatient.

"No reason sir. It's just that name doesn't sound very...Palestinian," the man added.

"Well she told me her Grandfather was English," Tre said quickly.

"Oh...of course. I deal with this sort of thing all the time. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of lying or anything," the man said apologetically.

"Yeah that's fine," Tre said. "So will there be an investigation made? Because I can't date her now that I know this," Tre said sounding sad but really had the biggest smile on his face.

"Yes sir, we will send someone over to her home this evening. If she cannot provide any significant proof she is a resident of the Outlining, or Continental U.S. she will more than likely be deported," the man said.

"Okay, thank you....sir," Tre said calmly.

"You have a good day sir," the man said.

"Yes...yes you too," Tre said and hung up the phone.

"Holy fuck! You did it!" Billie shouted.

"Oh my god! I know..." Tre said, he couldn't believe he had really done it.

"Fuck her..." Mike said.

"Oh God, this is 'going to jail' kind of shit, if we ever got caught..." Billie finally said.

"I guess that's why you had me call, eh Bill?" Tre asked.

"Hell no... If the cops come after you, they'll be taking me with you," Billie said.

"Ahh...me too, I guess?" Mike laughed nervously.

"We're in this together," Billie said.

"No one here, tells anyone," Tre demanded.

"Agreed," Billie and Mike said in unison.

Rose slowly picked herself up off the stairwell middle landing. She grasped the banister and started walking up the stairs. She wasn't that shocked at what had happened. She had been a total bitch to Tre; she knew he was equally upset about everything.

She could tell her face was bleeding; she would probably have a shiner for the rest of the week.

She went into the bedroom Frank and her shared together, and she laid down on the bed the two shared most every night.

"When God? When...does the hurt stop?" she asked as she stared up at the tall ceiling above her head.

As she lay there she started to wonder if marrying Frank was going to be a wise decision. 'Was being with Tre Cool after what he had dondree to her sister and herself the right thing?


Was marrying her dream of youth going to make her happy?'