Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Union

Three months after the death of their son Rose and Tre were finally going to get married. They had both spent immense time rebuilding their shattered relationship with each other.

The location was decided upon, and they both agreed that getting married in Billie's back yard would be fun. Especially since all of Rose's family would feel more comfortable at Billie's house rather than Tre's. Tre didn't mind, all his family loved the Armstrongs.

There were to be a number of celebrity guests at the wedding. These celebrities ranged from, Benji and Joel Madden to Alice Cooper and U2's Bono.

"Oh my god, I'm so nervous," Rose told to Adrienne as she stood upstairs in her wedding gown. Every now and again she would peak out the bedroom window at Tre whom was waiting in the back yard with the wedding party.

"That's a normal feeling," Adrienne laughed.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Listen thanks for agreeing to be my Maid of Honor. I really appreciate it," Rose said.

"Hey...it's an honor, hence the title," Adrienne smiled. "And I'm honored."

Rose smiled back at the older woman,."Fuck...I'm so scared," Rose said as she looked out the window again and Adrienne tried to fix the train on Rose's gown. "He looks so handsome..." Rose said looking down at Tre who was waiting at the alter.

Adrienne glanced out the window, "Yes...and he's very fortunate to have you."

Rose smiled slightly as a tear came down her cheek, "I think this is the happiest day of my life."

Adrienne hugged Rose, "It should be. Now...you go get married."

"Okay..." Rose laughed.

Adrienne bent down and picked up the train of Rose's dress and help her out the door. "I wonder why Sarah stopped talking to me. You'd think she'd show up at your wedding at least.

"Who knows. I don't really care though, the Moore's can fuck off. The Armstrong's are my true family. And I'm about to become a member of the Cool family," Rose said happily.

They slowly made their way down the stairs that lead to the backdoor. Someone must have been keeping watch for her because as soon as she got anywhere near going outside a the Wedding March started.

"Adi, walk out ahead of..." Rose said.

"Okay, I'm going...Oh but wait.... You said you needed something blue to walk down the aisle...so here..." Adrienne said as she passed Rose a sapphire ring.

"Oh my god...Adrienne, it's beautiful...." Rose said.

"Thank me later...and yes it's yours now," Adrienne smiled before opening the back door and stepping outside. As soon as she stepped outside and walked down the back steps her eyes met her husbands whom was sitting down.

Mike was standing next to Tre, as his Best Man. Something Tre had asked of Mike that night in the hospital, after Mike had saved Rose's life. Tre was very nervous as well and ge kept figgeting with his bow-tie wanting to make sure it wasn't crooked.

Adrienne made her way down the aisle. Ramona was dubbed Flower Girl by Rose and she was waiting to give the bride her bouquet.

No one from Rose's original family was in attendance. Even her Grandad had opted to avoid the wedding by saying he had an important business trip. Important? What could be more important than your Granddaughter getting married?

Rose took a deep breath of air before stepping outside on the back porch. She slipped the ring Adrienne gave her onto her index finger. She glanced around at everyone as all eyes turned on her. A smile came across her face as she slowly walked down the stairs.

Ramona gave Rose her bouquet before slowing walking down the aisle herself.

Tre's face lit up as he saw his bride. 'Man she looks beautiful,' he thought to himself.

Rose slowly made her was down the aisle between all the prying eyes of guests. She was adorned in an $18,000 Gucci wedding dress that Adrienne had taken her out shopping for. On her head, an antique diamond and pearl tiara which from it draped her veil over her face.

She neared the alter and stopped in front of Tre. He smiled at her and grabbed her veil lifting it back over her head and exposing her face.

She smiled at him in return. "Hi..." she said quietly.

"Hi...you look beautiful..." he said.

"You look very handsome..." she complimented him in return.

They both joined hands and turned towards the priest.

It was a beautiful ceremony. The alter was placed in front of the white gazebo Adrienne had spent time decorating with mostly red silk and real roses.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the..." the priest began.

When it came time for their wedding vows, both the Bride and Groom had written their own.

Tre wanted to speak his vows to Rose first:

Rose, when I first laid eyes on you,
a year ago this month. I felt as though
I had been made the luckiest man alive.
Just being in your presence, it brought me
all the joy there is to feel in the entire world.

I've done some things to you over the last
year, that I'm not proud of. I've done many
things that I am very sorry for. And I thank
you with every bit of me, for forgiving me.

Rose, I want to spend my entire life with you...
Even though our son...Michael has left us.
I still want to be the father of your children.
And most importantly, I want to make you
happy until the day I die.
I love you Rose.


Rose had tears streaming down her face, but smiled in happiness. Tre smiled at her and lifted his hand to wipe the tears from her cheeks. Her tears were not to be in vain.

"Umm..." she siged as she grabbed out the vows she had written down, sniffling back her emotions.

Frank, when we met last year, when I woke up
from my coma, I must admit, I was terrified of you.
You seemed like such a 'bigger than life' type person.
But I knew nothing about you then. We got to know
each other, and I discovered a wonderful man.

You brought light to a life that's always been made up
of despair. You gave me the will to continue on in this
world. You made me realize that happiness does exist.
Happiness doesn't grow on trees. It grows on Tre Cool.


That brought an uproar of laughter from the guests.

I want to spend my life with you, 'Frank Wright', 'Tre Cool',
'my husband'. You mean so much to me, nothing can get
in the way of 'us'. You are the sun behind my cloudy sky.
You revived me, together we will run hand in hand into our pleasant future.


The wedding concluded after the exchanging of rings and a kiss to seal the deal.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Cool," the priest said.

Rose and Tre smiled as they turned towards the guests. Everyone stood up and cheered. Rose could feel her face go twenty shades of red.

***

Later at the reception all the guests were sitting down to dinner. Rose and Tre never left each others side.

Billie Joe stood up from the table where all the immediate family were sitting and tapped on his wine glass, "I want to make a toast to the bride and groom." All the tables of guests went silent. "Rose I'm very happy you found some one who makes you happy. And Tre...I'm going to kick your ass for marrying my cousin," Billie smirked as he sat back down.

Everybody laughed. Tre grinned at Billie Joe and turned back to look ar Rose. "I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom," Rose said to Tre.

"Okay...hurry back," Tre smiled.

***

Rose went back in the house and made her way through the living room and Billie Joe's room of Awards, Guitars, and Memorabilia. She picked her dress up in her hands as she walked into the bathroom.

***

Mike scooted over onto Rose's seat next to Tre as she left. "Hey man...how are you feeling right now?"

"Fuck, I feel awesome right now!" Tre exclaimed. "I'm ecstatic."

"I haven't seen you look this happy for months and months. So do we have the 'old Tre' back again?" Mike asked nudging the younger man's arm.

Tre smiled as he pulled a funny face. "Yeah...I'm here to stay," he said in his unique nasally voice.

"Fuck...that's great. I thought Green Day was dying because you were so depressed," Mike said.

"What do you mean?" Tre asked.

"You're the heart of the band man..." Mike said.

"Aw, no that's not true," Tre insisted.

"Yes it is..." Billie said cutting into the conversation. "I'm going inside for a minute, I think our table is running out of champagne."

***

Billie Joe was enjoying his evening tremendously, he practically skipped into the kitchen. He found the fridge loaded with at least twenty more bottles of champagne. That's 80 less then the 100 bottles that were bought in total.

As he pulled out a new bottle he thought he heard something in the next room to his kitchen. He grinned slightly and made his way out from the kitchen into his room of memorabilia. There he saw Rose staring at Blue where it sat in its glass case. He watched her from afar quietly for some moments.

"You're pretty mesmerized by that thing aren't you?" Billie smirked temporarily leaning up against the door frame with his bottles of champagne.

Rose jumped slightly as she heard Billie had snook up behind her. "Ahh!" she yelped and she turned her head towards him fully. "Oh yeah..."

He slowly sighed and began to walk towards her. "I remember when my dad gave me that guitar. Shit that was a long time ago now..." he sighed.

"Twenty-four years..." Rose said knowingly.

"Yeah...I guess it has been that long. Hard to imagine," Billie said.

"It's really nice..." Rose added.

Billie Joe came closer and placed the champagne bottle he had in his hand down on a table. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. "Here..." he said.

"Oh my god...what are you doing?" Rose gulped, grasping the train of her wedding gown firmly in her hands.

Billie Joe unlocked the glass case Blue had been hanging in undisturbed for years. He grabbed it out and held it up towards Rose.

Rose stood back from it in an intimidated manner. "Uhh..." she trailed off.

"Don't you want to touch it?" Billie Joe asked.

"Hell yes...I'm allowed?" she asked wide-eyed by the offer that was being made to her.

"Well, that's what I'm trying to hand it to you for," Billie laughed.

"Okay..." Rose agreed and she slowly placed her hand around its neck. "Wow..." she said as she took the whole guitar into her hands.

"You remind me of me when I was around 19," Billie said. "You know...except you're a woman and wearing a wedding dress. But I look pretty hot in wedding dresses too," Billie laughed.

Rose laughed as well, "Yeah, I bet you do." She handed the guitar back to Billie.

"I was going to give this guitar to Joey on his sixteenth birthday..." Billie said as he looked at the guitar that was now in his hands again.

"You're not going to anymore?" Rose asked.

"No...I changed my mind," Billie Joe said.

"Why?" Rose questioned.

"Because...because I'm giving it to you."

"What?" is all Rose managed to say.

"It's my wedding gift to you Rose. I don't think there is a single person in the world who will appreciate this more than you will," Billie said.

"Billie...you can't give me this guitar," she said. "You love this guitar."

"Of course I love it." The musician's eyes drew up towards Rose through his eyelashes. "You love it too. And it's my decision what I give you, so here...take the guitar," Billie said as he tried to hand it back to her.

"Billie no...I can't," Rose repeated.

"Yes you can...come on Rose. Don't be rude and decline the gift I'm giving you..." Billie said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh my god...more than anything....I really just don't know what to say," Rose said as her face went red.

"Just say, 'thanks Billie'," Billie Joe laughed, making it sound like a slice of cake.

"Ah...thanks Billie," Rose said as she took the guitar back in her hand. "Shit..." she said as she put it back in the case for safe keeping.

"Whoo...you're still only 18 not even 19, but feel like some underage drinking? I'm sure Cheech Marin won't mind," Billie laughed.

"Totally...let's get loaded. I'm going on my honeymoon tomorrow!" Rose said with excitement.

"Let's go..." Billie said and he put his hand on Rose's shoulder and the two went back outside to join the wedding party.