Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The End of the Old Life

A week after Tre had placed the call to the California Department of Justice for Immigration Review no word had yet been heard from Sarah.

Billie Joe felt happy for Tre that Sarah would no longer be medling in the relationship he shared with Rose. Their relationship was already on shakey ground and they would need to spend all the time they could get repairing it.

He was just sitting at home one afternoon in mid-February, three days before his Birthday to be exact, when he recieved a call.

"Hello?" he said as he picked it up expecting to hear Adi's voice on the other end. She would often call from the grocery store and ask if they needed anything that she had forgotten.

"Billie!? Billie Joe!?" said a distraught sounding womans voice on the other end.

"Ah, yeah?" he asked.

"Billie! Oh my fucking God. It's Sarah!"

"Oh...ah, hi Sarah. What's up?" Billie asked.

"Billie help me please! I got deported to this place I don't even know the name of!" Sarah said and she started to cry.

"Ah, you did?" Billie said trying to act puzzled about it. He was secretly smirking. He had been waiting for this phone call for over a week. This was his confirmation that Sarah had really been booted from the country.

"Yes! And I have no fucking money at all! Please help me get home!" Sarah begged.

"I can't get you home if you don't know where you are," Billie Joe smiled.

"Billie, this isn't funny! I'm scared to shit right now! Everybody is speaking this weird language around me!"

"Oh...my phones cutting out..." Billie lied.

"Billie! Don't go!" Sarah cried desperately.

"HELLO?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Billie said and then hung the phone up. "Pfft...stupid bitch," he said. He had the number she had just called from blocked. She wouldn't ever be bothering him again. He would just need to tell everyone he knew to block the number as well. And he would have to secretly block the number from Adrienne's cell phone behind her back.

***

"Welcome back, Mrs. Cool," Tre said to Rose as he grabbed her hand and sat her back down at the table. .

Rose smiled, "I love that title."

"What took you so long? I missed you..." Tre said.

"Ah nothing. Billie was just showing me my wedding present," Rose smiled.

"Oh really? What did he get you, a toaster?" Tre said trying to be funny.

"Yes...he got me a toaster," Rose said sarcastically.

"It's a damn nice toaster too," Billie Joe said as he sat back down at the table on the opposit side of Tre.

"You guys are keeping something from me... Ah, let me know what it is!" Tre whined like a three year old.

"Screw it Frank...let's just get drunk," Rose laughed.

"Hmm, OKAY!" Tre said loudly. He couldn't refuse that offer.

Billie Joe broke out more champagne at the 'family table'. Or immediate friends, 'like Mike'.

Midnight rolled around and the kids went inside to crash for the night. All the adults stayed out in the back yard for some good old drunkeness.

Rose was pretty drunk by this time and poured wine all over her expensive dress. Nobody seemed to care though, money seemed to be 'no object' for most of the people here.

"Frank, les frickin dance!" Rose said drunkenly.

"Whooo, c'mon," Tre said as he pulled her up from her chair. The two went into the middle of the back yard and Tre looked over at the hired DJ. "Play...Swee..hom..AliBAMA!" Tre shouted in an accent that made him sound obviously drunk.

The DJ nodded his head. Rose and him started a drunken square dance to the song. Somewhere in the middle of it the two ended up on the ground laughing their asses off.

"FUK! GETTI UP! WE'Z GOTSTA FINDISH DANCIN TO DA SONG!" Rose screamed as she tried to clammer to her feet. She wasn't having a very easy time, and everytime she fell back down she would laugh.

"HAHA, COM' ERE!" Tre yelled as he pulled her towards him on the ground.

"AHAHAHA! BILLAH! SAVA ME FRO...FRANK!" Rose laughed.

Billie Joe wasn't near as hammered as Tre and Rose so he thought the way they were acting was a bit extreme. Not to say he didn't find it funny. "STOP YELLING!" Billie shouted sarcastically.

"I NOT!" Rose shouted.

"YES YOU ARE!" he shouted back.

Right then Rose fell asleep on the lawn. Tre wasn't far behind her. A few more minutes of head spinning and he was out cold too.

***

The next morning Tre awoke in an upstairs bedroom at Billie Joe's house. His head was throbbing worse than he could ever remember. "Fuck, I must of been wasted last night," he said to himself before noticing another body in the bed next to him.

Rose rolled over and opened her eyes, "Uhh...fuck, what happened last night?"

"God, I don't know. But I think it involved a lot of drinking," Tre said.

Rose lay silent for a minute, "Holy shit...we're married now aren't we?"

"Oh yeah...I think so," Tre said as he suddenly forgot his hangover migraine.

"Oh, that's awesome! Except, I don't think we had sex last night..." Rose said.

"Damn, we missed wedding night sex?" Tre asked.

"I think so..." Rose said feeling disappointed.

"Crap, I guess there's honeymoon sex though," Tre smiled.

"Oh yeah! Our honeymoon! It's going to be wicked fun! Oh...my head."

"I've just realized something..." Tre said.

"What's that?" Rose asked.

"I wrote you a poem on the side while I was writing my wedding vows," Tre said.

"You did?" Rose asked.

"Yeah..."

"Well let me hear," Rose said anxiously.

"Hmm...okay," Tre smiled nervously. "It's all in my head, so it will be a miracle if I can remember it all."

It was almost a year ago today
She had no where else to stay
I took her in with love
I wrapped her in my glove

She was a crazy fan
Who loved a crazy man
I was a crazy man
Who loved a crazy fan

She professed her love to me
And even had my baby
I was grateful all along
Yet acted very wrong

It was her Family Reunion
And now we are in Union.....


To be continued...