Status: Working on it...

When I Came Around

going to california.

Seems that the wrath of the Gods
Got a punch on the nose and it started to flow;
I think I might be sinking.
Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I'll meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high.

My life has always been... less than perfect. Mom married Jerry when I was thirteen, and since he wouldn't get a job, she worked three jobs, almost every single day. She would leave before I woke up and got home late at night. Jerry was drunk most days, and when he was drunk he was mean. To me, mostly. He wouldn't physically hurt me, but he would say many things to hurt me inside. How I wouldn't amount to anything, I was a waste, stuff like that. It made me quite depressed to the point where I took it out on myself. I cut my wrists for awhile when I was 14-15. Then I started listening to music. I think that was what helped me.

At first I started listening to oldies, like Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Clash, Guns n' Roses, Poison, and others. Then I found punk rock. I heard a song called "409 in Your Coffeemaker" by Green Day, and immediately fell in love with the band. I borrowed albums from my friend until I bought them all, and I saw them when they came to Orlando last year for their American Idiot tour. I caught a guitar pick from their bassist Mike. I had posters all over my walls, vinyls, CDs, shirts, and as much merchandise as I could get. My mom, for some reason, loved The Ramones, The Clash, and other punk bands, but hated Green Day. She would refuse to listen to them, see their pictures, or even let me talk about them in the house. Just another one of the many unanswered questions I had.

It look me four days to get to Oakland, and when I got there at 2 am, I got a room at the Motel 6, then found a Starbucks open all night and bought an Orange Mocha Frappuccino and a cheese danish. I slept until 2 the next day, then I decided to look up the address. I Googled it, and found a big, rich, community called Shady Oaks. There were many huge 2-4 story houses, most with pools, most with about 20 acres, some with even private beaches. There was a shopping center, tennis courts, public pools, beach, park, many walking trails, and a golf course. This was some nice shit. The houses alone cost over 900 grand, some even cost more than 10 million. Whoever my dad was, he sure was rich. I couldn't look him up using my last name, because my mom kept her maiden name and gave it to me.

I had always been the direct kind, so I decided I would find a way to get into this place, find the address, and knock on the front door. I took a shower, curled my naturally brown hair, put mascara around my jade eyes, then got dressed. Dressing was the problem. I am a very casual person, y'know, jeans, converse, band shirts. I put on my best jeans, a red off-shoulder top that wasn't too fancy, but not too casual, and black ballet flats. I looked at my small frame in the mirror. I am only 5'3'' but I look older than I am, maybe early 20s. I decide I look okay, then I grab my purse and hopped into my Ford SUV.

I drove for about 30 minutes, only getting lost once, before finding Shady Oaks. There was a huge, black gate with a little entrance keypad you drive up to. Of course, I didn't know code, so I hung out by the entrance for a few minutes and followed a black Mercedes in. The houses were incredible. They started as 2 story, cheaper (if you can even call them that) homes, but as I drove further into the community they grew larger and fancier. The house on the back of the photo was three stories, had maybe 20 or 25 acres, and I think I saw a pool. I parked on the other side of the street from the house, staring at the open gate. Should I just drive in? Should I walk? I was so nervous, I couldn't stop my hands from shaking. I took a deep breath and opened the glove box, finding a tiny airplane-sized bottle of Vodka, take a sip of it, then rinse out my mouth with water. The Vodka did not help the shaking.

I put my car back into Drive, then slowly drive down the pristine driveway. Palm trees are on either side of the road. There are three cars in the driveway. One is the black Mercedes I followed in, and then a silver BMW, and a black Cadillac Escalade, that could probably fit nine people. I park by a palm tree, next to the Mercedes, then quickly check my makeup in the mirror. Well, here goes nothing.

I lock my car and slowly walk to the massive front porch, where I see shoes, footballs, baseballs, and a rad skateboard. Whoever lives here has kids, probably boys. I stand in front of the front door, and ring the silver doorbell. I hear a dog barking, and two boys yelling. I smile. This might turn out all right. The front door opens, and what could only be described as a dream stands before me. Her black hair was up in a messy bun, she wore no makeup, not needing any, she has a blue plaid top, denim cutoff shorts, and white Keds.

She smiled at me. "Hello there! What can I- oh, you must be Karen!"

I stand speechless because this woman is Adrienne Armstrong. And she. Knows. My. Name.

Adrienne laughs. "Why don't you come on in, we've been expecting you." She stands away for me to come in, and I carefully walked through the front door. I almost step on a huge Golden Retriever, who has a piece of paper stuck to his head that read "Walter", so I took that was his name. The walls of the entry way were blue, there was a pile of shoes by a table, and a potted plant by the
door. Adrienne took my hand (She took my hand!!!!!!) and led me down a small hallway to the living room. What was in living room, you will never believe. I saw freakin' Billie Joe Armstrong in boxers and a t-shirt, playing video games with his two sons. His black hair was so messy...so fluffy...

"Bill, I told you to get dressed!" Adrienne scolded him.

"I will, I will, just a sec after I finish this level!" Billie continued his game.

"He's such a child at times, y'know?" Adrienne said to me, smiling. I nod, my jaw still on the floor after having to drag it inside. Adrienne leads me into their huge kitchen and pours me a glass of lemonade, then gets one for herself. "Oh, where are my manners? I'm Adrienne, you can call me Adie," Adie stuck out her hand to me." I shook it gently, careful not to, like, break her or something. "I'm K- Karen," I squeak out, managing to close my mouth.

Adie smiles. "When Billie told me what happened, I just didn't know what to think, I mean, the fact that he has a daughter, it's just... crazy, y'know?"

"How did he know about me?" I ask, still in shock from where I was. And what Adie just said.

"Well, your mom called us shortly before, y'know... and Billie, he just couldn't believe it. I'll let him tell you the rest of the story." Adie sat down at the island and started to page through the paper as Billie came in, fully dressed now, in plaid pajama pants and the same t-shirt as before. I began to regret wearing this red shirt. Billie stared into my eyes, and I stared into his. I. Stared. Into. His. Eyes. Oh. My. God.

Billie smiled at me, then moved closer and pulled me into a tight hug. I seriously wish someone would tell me what the hell is going on here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Oneeeeee and yes, I did fail at writing five chapters ahead, this is the only chapter I have written :3 Sorry for any mistakes, I will fix them all later. Anyways, how do you like it? I really love comments, they motivate me a lot, so please do comment. Along with Rec/Sub/Read (:

xo
Crys