Status: Working on it...

When I Came Around

pink cadillac.

But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your pink Cadillac

As soon as Billie (Yes, I am still freaking out about this) explained to me what happened, it all made sense. My mom met Billie in high school, she was his 3rd period History teacher. Things got crazy between them and the had an affair, but Mom went home to Florida before the semester even ended. As it turned out, she was pregnant, but Billie didn't know about it until just recently. Mom didn't want her and me to interfere with Billie's career. Mom called Billie a few weeks ago, saying she was going to leave her husband and send me to California. And that's just what she did. I didn't tell you that Mom hung herself from the ceiling fan above the kitchen table, did I? Well, that's how she left Jerry, and by leaving me all her money and this address, she was sending me to California. It took me awhile to process what Billie told me. Mom never seemed like the suicidal type, but then again, I never saw her.

"Karen, I swear, if I had known your mom was pregnant, I would've been there, I swear to God." Billie and Adie were sitting on either side of me on the living room couch, Adie with an arm around my shoulders in a comforting way.

"I know, I don't blame you for anything, you didn't know," I said as I put my hands in my head, thinking about this. Billie Joe Armstrong was my father. This explained my mom's hatred towards Green Day, and why she avoided going into my room as much as possible.

Billie and Adie asked me to stay with them for awhile, for as long as wanted too, and I accepted. I suggested we do a DNA test, and even though Billie was sure I was who I was, I still wanted to do it. We would go tomorrow. Adie and I took the Cadillac (she drove, of course) to my motel to get my things.On the way we talked about a lot of things, music, how I play guitar and bass, how the Armstrongs got Walter, and random girl stuff. Adie and I got along very well. After we got my stuff, we went back to Shady Oaks and Adie told me that Mike Dirnt (Ermegerd) lived just a few houses down, about a 10 minute drive with the golf cart, and Tre Cool (Double ermegerd) lived next door. Adie showed me where all the amenities were, and she got me a little card so I could get into the pool, beach, tennis courts, etc.

When we got back to the house, Adrienne introduced me to Joey and Jakob, whop were 11 and 8. Jakob hugged my legs, saying he had always wanted a sister but Mommy and daddy said no, which got a laugh from Adie and Billie. Joey shook my hand, but refused to hug me. Billie and Jakob helped me haul my stuff up the massive staircase to the last bedroom, facing another house about 20 feet away from ours. Ours. This was my new home. Well, for as long as I need it to be.

The room was a light green color, with a queen sized bed, a 25 inch TV, a walk-in closet, and even my own bathroom. This was the shit. Billie grinned at me when he carried up my guitars and bass, knowing that he could probably lock me in a room for three days and we could talk about nothing but music. I made my bed, put my clothes away, all the while jamming out to Blink 182, and I even put on Green Day. When I turned up "Jesus of Suburbia", I heard someone banging against the downstairs ceiling with a broomstick. I already could tell I belonged here.

Dinner was at 6, and we had chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. Adie suggested we all go to the mall tomorrow, that way I could meet Tre, Mike, and Estelle, who was visiting Mike. After dinner we watched ten minutes of a Brad Pitt movie, then Billie turned on the video games, and Adie said he and the boys would be there forever. So we made brownies. At 8 o' clock at night. I got to know Adie better, and I really liked her. She was sweet, opinionated, caring, and she spoke her mind. I liked her a lot.

After the boys went to bed, Billie, Adie, and I stayed up late talking, getting to know each other. Billie was very nice, just like in those interviews. He was just like Adie, so I can see how they get along so well. I went to bed around midnight, happy with how the day turned out. I couldn't wait to meet Mike and Tre tomorrow.

*

I woke up around 6 the next morning, I couldn't sleep, so I showered, did my hair, put on makeup, and dressing in my orange short shorts and a black Led Zeppelin shirt. It was only 7, Adie said we would be going to the doctor at 9:30, so No one would be awake for about an hour. I wandered throughout the house, then snuck into the basement, which wasn't just a basement, it was a huge music room. Guitars, a drum set, piano, bass, many amps, and lots of recording stuff. I grabbed my black Fender Stratocaster from my room, plugged it in, and began to tune it. The walls were soundproof, so I could play as loud as I wanted to. I played a few random riffs before I messed with the recording equipment so I could record myself playing.

I set up a mic to my height, then started playing Basket Case. I took pride in knowing how to play almost every Green Day, Springsteen, Clash, and Blink 182 song ever recorded. I was so into my playing that I thought I heard the cymbals in the background. "Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up," And as I got to "I think I'm cracking up," I heard drums. I went into a quick solo and turned my head around to the massive drum set. I saw the one and only Tre Cool, dressed in his pajamas, behind the drums, grinning at me. Just go with it, Karen. I kept playing, staying in time with Tre, never making a mistake on the song.

As we finished, I turned back and saw Tre standing up, but I decided to have some fun with him. I started playing Waiting, and he sat back down. Halfway through, I transitioned into Walking Contradiction, then Holiday. I was having so much fun. As we finished Holiday, I turned around and smiled, but before I could introduce myself, Tre started playing Longview. I quickly put my guitar down and went for my bass, but then I heard the bassline against Tre's drumming. I turned around and saw Mike Dirnt playing it only the way he could. I picked up my guitar again and started playing and singing. Hey, Billie better look out, I might try to replace him!

After we finished Longview...and Jinx...and Stuart and The Ave. I put down my guitar and unplugged it from the amp. Tre and Mike came over to me. "Dude, that was awesome, you're a great guitarist!" Tre said, bearhugging me.

I laughed. "Thanks, I'm Karen!" I said, sticking my head out to Mike, who lightly slapped Tre upside the head.

"Nice to meet ya, I'm Mike," Mike shook my hand. "Y'know this room is only soundproof if ya close the door."

I looked at the door and forgot that I left it open a tiny crack. "Oops," I said, shyly.

Tre suddenly stuck his nose in the air, sniffing. "Pancakes! Adie's making pancakes!" And he tore off upstairs. Mike rolled his eyes.

"A common occurance with him," he said, as I followed him up the stairs. I noticed that I had accidentally recorded our little jam session, so I quickly took out the CD and stuffed it in my bra.

In the kitchen, Adie was indeed making pancakes, and Mike and Tre ate with us. I rather liked Mike, he was quiet but when he had something to say it was either extremely funny or very profound. Tre was just insane. The two left after breakfast and said they would meet us at the entrance of the mall later. Billie, Adie, the boys, and I piled into the Cadillac and left for the doctor. All he needed was a blood sample from Billie and I, then he would test them and call us with the results in a couple of days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics/title: Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen

Two chapters in two days :D No, there won't be a chapter tomorrow, i am gonna try to update weekly, on Saturday or Sunday. So what do you guys think so far? Comment/Sub/Rec/Read

xo
Crys