Alone

One.

Frankie walked alone through he school hallways, eyes focused on the beautiful boy a few yards away. His name was Bob, and he had looks that could kill. His shaggy blond hair fell around his face like an off-centered halo. This fallen angel had an icy blue stare, chilling Frankie down to his innermost core, frightening him yet somehow pulling him closer.

The two boys were friends, then lovers, and now, at least in Frankie’s mind, they were slowly growing apart. His insecurities mde his mouth run dry, and Bob seemed bored with this new dull Frankie. So Frankie put more space between them, giving Bob a break, yet secretly hoping Bob would move closer to him again at his own will. Frankie watched and waited quietly through wet and aching eyes, but Bob only seemed to move farther away.

They sat side by side while Frankie tried his hardest to speak, but Bob stood up and walked over to someone else. The bell rang and Frankie stood frozen, mentally begging Bob to look back, wait for him, but soon he just found himself alone again in an empty room.

As for now, Frankie is invisible again. His mouth forms the wrong words at the wrong times, his mannerisms are clumsy and out of place. He feels hopeless, helpless, a pathetic shell of a person. He is a ghost in a sea of skeptics, never to be found. He mourns the loss of his spark, his identity, as the one he loves moves forward and onto new and better things.

Frankie walks alone again.