Salem's Eye

Room Mates

The dormitories of new haven were beautiful. Lain out like a compass, there were the north, south, east and west halls.
Mrs. Sands turned on a short black heel and spoke,
“Salem, may you wait here by the fountain while I show your sister her room?”
Salem gave a quick nod and seated himself on a nearby bench. He watched as Kris and Mrs. Sands walked towards the west hall. Once they were out of sight, Salem removed his glasses and rubbed his eye. Two seniors walking by looked at him and whispered, probably talking about his weird eyes. He always stood out without his glasses on, because his left eye was brown with a gray ring, and his right eye was gray with a brown ring. He wasn’t born like this though.
When he was little, he got attacked by a bird, which pecked him in the eye. Because of that injury, his special talent shone through, but also caused the change in his eye color.

He leaned back and took in the view. Wonderfully tall oak trees, huge flower beds, and a giant fountain which seemed to be the focal point of this area, with its vines tangled around it like a boa.
“This is beautiful.” Sighed Salem as he took in the view. But something else caught his eye. A girl sitting across the courtyard, reading under the shade of an oak, her long, black, silky hair covering her face, but letting her luscious lips poke out from beneath.
Suddenly she looked up, and stared straight at Salem, as if she knew he was watching her the whole time.
“Ugh, shit!” Salem swore under his breath as he looked away, to notice Mrs. Sands walking back over. She had a weird smile on her face when she spoke, which gave Salem an uneasy feeling, “Alright Salem, your in the east dorm. Follow me.” Salem grabbed his bag and hurried to catch up with her. As they walked towards the dorm, he glanced back to see that the mystery girl had disappeared.
“Hmm, that’s odd.” He whispered.
He looked forward to see Mrs. Sands had stopped at the door, tapping her foot.
“Now, Salem because of so many students here at New Haven, you’ll be sharing a room with another student. Is that alright with you?”
Salem though for a second,
“Is my roommate male or female?”
Mrs. Sands tapped a manicured finger on her red lips, thinking hard,
“You know what, I’m not sure. But I do have your key and room number here; you’re in room seventeen.” And with that she walked away with a quick wave, like he meant nothing to her. He probably didn’t.

Walking into the main foyer of the dorm, he was just as amazed as he was to everything else. The walls were a dark mahogany, with various pictures of places and older students, probably fraternity leaders. The spiral staircase, which rose up from the center of the room was another shade of brown with a highly polished railing. Salem looked into both of the rooms to either side of him. The left one was some sort of sitting room with lots of chairs couches and a marvelous stone fireplace. The room right room was a study room with a wide stain glass window facing the courtyard. He noticed that there were no other people around besides him, probably in morning classes, he thought to himself as he searched for his room.

He reached his room finally after searching the other three floors. He assumed that who ever he was to share his room with didn’t like visitors. The sign on the door read: All jocks, preps, geeks and snobs. Do not enter.
“Well that’s friendly.” Salem muttered as he opened the door. The room was fairly big; there were two beds on either side with a couch, chair and a big television near the window. As he tossed his bag up on his apparent bed, someone walked in from the conjoining bathroom.
“Hey? Who are you?” a sweet, silky voice called out from behind him. “So it’s a girl,” Salem thought as he turned around. He meant to say hello but the words left him as he gazed upon his roomy. It was the girl from the oak tree! But now that she was right in front of him, he saw her whole face, and body. Her hair was shoulder length, and along with the dark black, were streaks of dark red, just like his.
"H- Hi" He managed to get out. She was so beautiful.
" Hi, Name's Miranda."
"S-Salem. Salem Ocean." He squealed with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
This Is Also Missing Some Parts, All Corrections Ill Deal With.