I Find It Hard to Believe Where in Heaven

10

[Daniel]

I'm going to do it. I asked his mother and she said it was okay with her. We might be young but after 4 months of living with him I know this is right.
As soon as he wakes up I'm going to propose to the man I love. Right on his 18th birthday. I hope he says yes.
"Danny what are you doing?" He asks walking down the stairs. "I'm usually up before you." He says rubbing his eyes and yawning.
"I know." I say grabbing his hands and sitting him on the couch. "First, let me say happy 18th baby." I give him a kiss and then bite my lip. "I got you a present."
"Oh what is it Danny?" He says childish.
"Well," I say getting on one knee in front of him.
"Danny?" He says getting wide eyed.
"Baby, I love you more than anything in this world."
"Daniel what are you doing?"
"Will you marry me Alex?"
The tears start. "Danny, you don't want to marry me."
"Yes, yes I do."
"You promise?"
"Yeah. So will you marry me?"
"Yes!" He says jumping on me and littering me with kisses. I stop him and grab the gold band and stick it on his finger.
"Well, what did he say?" Mrs. Walker says.
"MOM I'M GETTING MARRIED!
"Okay." Mrs. Walker says laughing. "Now I'm going to make breakfast and you boys get ready."
We did just that. We went to school. Happiest in either of our life....

....or so we thought.
During 3rd hour, the class I was in, heard a gunshot.
"Sit down." My teacher says as we run to the hall.
"Hey faggot come out to PLAY!" Michael's voice says.
"Alex." I mumble and run to Alex's class. I run in. "Alex, we have to hide."
"Excuse me Mr. Spencer. This is..."
"No. I'm trying to protect Alex. There's someone coming after him."
"What?" Alex says scared.
"That's right, Daniel." Michael says.
"Michael...." I say taking a step at him.
"Ahh Ahh." Michael says pointing the gun at me. I stop. "Let me do what I came to do and then we'll be fine."
"No. Don't hurt Alex."
"Would you rather me hurt you?"
"Yes. If you have to."
"Too late." He says and shoots at Alex.
"NO!" I say running over to him.
He falls over and coughs. "Daniel, I'm going to be fine. Baby, if I don't....you know make it, just know to move on."
I pull him up to me. "I could never."
"Just do it, okay?" I nod and hold him in my arms.
Alex died there in my arms. I never was the same. I dropped out of school and ended up working at Mikey's coffee hut. Most of my free time I spend at Alex's grave. Planting beautiful rose bushes. They're his favorite.
Michael. Yeah he's spending life in jail. I think he deserves worse.
I haven't really found anyone but it's gonna be a while till I do. But I know when I do, I'll make sure Alex approves him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel... What do you guys think?