‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

An Evening to Remember

I take care of the last of the set up for my big surprise for Ally. I laugh as I think of how we even ended up together. Now, I didn’t expect to end up with little miss Aaliyah, she really isn’t my type. She is very bratty, extremely temperamental with an obvious kind of beauty, but she is so very talented. Talented in a way that just drew me to her I supposed. That and Roxanne's utter abhorrence of her made me so very curious to see what she is all about. Oh, but the way Aaliyah sings, it shuts birds up because they just want to listen to her, so they can learn. I have even truly grown to enjoy her quirky ways, and overall love that she allows me to teach her things. She is just so naive, it’s precious. I am glad that Roxanne properly introduced us, Aaliyah was just so eager for attention that she hardly put up a fight when I began to woo her. I throw the last of the petals and nod at the waiters as the line up with the platters in their hands.

“Okay gentlemen, keep everything warm. I will be back soon with my Aaliyah.” They nod and go back to perfecting the ambiance.

I head over to my room to change my clothes for tonight. I grab some peach gardenias for my darling, just to have something to give her at the door. My emotions towards Aaliyah caught even me by surprise. I had no idea that she was so light hearted or that she was so passionate about her dreams. The way she got fired up about being a star was quite sexy, to be frank. She has lost such track of her goals due to all her constant spats with her friends or all those poor excuse of boyfriends. She is such a silly little butterfly always fluttering about, getting herself into all kinds of messes. She simply needed someone to help teach her to be grounded, to be still within herself. I was happy that the person could be me. I am beyond pleased that Aaliyah is so open to improving her life.

Of course I think it was that laugh of hers’ that truly got me under her spell. Such a musical sound filled with so much pure joy. I thrive to draw that laugh from those sweet lips of hers’. I chuckle to myself as I adjust my peach tie in my mirror, I do hope everything goes over well tonight. Perhaps she will grace me with that flawless laugh of hers’. I grab the bouquet of flowers and head over to Aaliyah’s room. When I get to the door I knock softly knowing that she should be anticipating my arrival. She opens the door and my breath gets caught in my throat. She was wearing the peach dress I left for her this morning, it clung to her curves in ways that made my heart pound within my chest. The color causing the mocha in her skin to pop even more than usual. The slight shimmer of the dress being further displayed as she twirled for me. It's plunging back stopping at her black dimples, making me grateful she wore her ebony hair up. I fight the urge to reach out and gently run my hand on the small of her back. She begins to slowly turn back towards me, so I lift my eyes to her face. I clear my throat and meet her eye with a smile tugging my lips upward.

“What do you think?” She says shyly, slightly lifting the dress to show off her golden shoes.

I place my hand under her chin so she was looking at me again, “You look magnifico tesoro.”

I kiss her hand before handing her the flowers, her eyes light up when she sees them.

“These are the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen mi amor.” She buries her nose in them breathing in their scent. “Thank you.”

“Go put them in your crystal vase, I will wait.” She beams at me, presses her velvet lips against mine and hurries into the room.

I can't help but chuckle, her reactions are so endearing to me. She is like a child, the way her eyes light up when she receives a gift. I thought her wonderment towards all my little tokens of affection would have dulled by now but, she still gets wide eyed and blushes like it’s the first time. She steps out her room and smiles, her forest green eyes dancing with hope for the night. She closes the door and reaches for my hand, joining my hand to hers' with the soft caress of her delicate long fingers. She sighs happily as we make our way towards menus.

“Baby, I am so curious as to why you had us dress up to go to the cafeteria,” she giggles. “It just seems so extreme just for another night here.”

I laugh and lightly squeeze her hand, “You shall see tesoro.”

We walk in silence, I could almost feel the doubt and nervous energy that she has. I feel a tad irritated that she isn't having faith in me. I have never let her down before, but no matter, I guess that is what makes this fun, the fact that she is always surprised by the magnitude of my gestures. As we near menus, I could not keep the smile off my face, I was so eager to see her reaction.

“My dear, please close your eyes, I will lead you the rest of the way.” She closes her eyes quickly, a huge smile growing on her face.

“Aiden, I am so excited.” She laughs and my heart stills for a moment.

That laugh, it is all that is right with the world. I lead her carefully to the doors, the short walk was filled with giggles and sweet stolen kisses. It was packed with enough splendor for a life time. I look into the glass doors and a server immediately opens the doors for us. The other students sat with confused expression at the other tables that has been pushed against the walls and windows. The trails of peach petals were left untampered and I smile as I tip the server for a job well done.

“Open your eyes mi belle.”

She gasps and I watch her face light up as she takes in the path I had created with peach, white, yellow and orange petals lined with flickering candles. The lights of the entire place have been dimmed for us. A table sat dead center, covered in cream lace with three peach candles in the center of the table. On the table was Aaliyah’s very favorite foods in the world. Pasta flown in from Italy, vegan meats made by top chefs who specialized in vegan foods. I also had hand made ice creams with lovely little italian pastries, because I know how much she loves them. Behind the table is a trio of musician, a violinist, harpist and cellist; each one started to play as we start to walk over. As I walk my beloved over to the table and pull out her chair, a photographer from the New York Times is taking our picture. I face the chair away from the table and smile as I kneel down staring into her eyes. I enjoy to see them widen with surprise and I almost hear the fluttering of her heart. I withdraw a small peach box from inside my pant pocket.

“My dearest Aaliyah, ti voglio un mondo di bene. In my country, this is slang for I think the world of you and I truly do my sweet butterfly. So please accept this promise ring, as a promise that I will be by your side as you fight to rise to fame. I promise to be there to defend you and be everything that you will ever need. Will you accept my promise ring?”

“Yes,” she was crying with a big smile on her face, I take her hand slip the ring onto her finger, then I place a light kiss on her hand. “I love you Aiden, so much.”

I stand up and kiss her gently on her lips, “and I you, tesoro.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*sighs* so cute, tell me what you guys think in the comments, we would love to hear from you.

-Hana *hearts*