‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

Once upon a Time

I am walking down the sidewalks with my hands shoved deep in my pockets in a weak attempt to keep them warm against the cold. I seriously need to get gloves, I sigh in relief as I cross the street to my job. I push against the supermarket door and smile because the heat is on. I look at register one to see if Mark is working today and the register is empty. I roll my eyes, I wonder what fake illness he has gotten today. I rush into the back and throw my jacket into my locker, slam the door and give Hector a nod of acknowledgement as he heads to the back to unload the trucks. I clock in and head to register three with a smile on my face. Today is Thursday, Elizabeth and her sister will be coming today.

I take off my hat and place my hand on my hair giving it a shake to get the stray snowflakes out. Now the waiting begins, which is the lame part of the day, I prefer when it is busy. I sit on my stool and start thinking about new songs I want to write. I fiddle with the words in my mind trying to think of the perfect stuff for this audition that my band and I really want to do. This is a big step for our career, the perfect way to jump start it all. The time drags on, I ring up a few people but I mostly just sit around.

“Hey Victor,” My boss shouts from outside the store, “Your girls are headed this way.”

I can feel myself perk up, this would be the highlight of this incredibly dull day. I see them approach the door and I smile at them. Elizabeth pushes the door and heads straight for me, Aaliyah is behind her batting her eyes at me.

“Hey Victor, you saved us our stuff?” Elizabeth stares at her sister and rolls her eyes.

“Yes,” every lunch break on Thursday I would grab all the things they need so they didn’t have to wander the store. Liz, really hates that. “Give me a second I have to get it from the back.”

“I'll help you,” Ally runs to my side without anyone saying a word. As we get closer to the back she grabs my hand, “come on Vic, stop playing hard to get. You know I like you and I know that you like me.”

My stomach twists in knots, see the problem is I do have a crush on Ally but I really like Liz too. I mean, they are so different and it’s hard to not like them both. I bite the inside of lip and sigh, I don't know what to say to her that would be honest and not make me seem like a complete jerk. I pull my hand from hers’ and smile weakly.

“Ally, we talked about this already I am going to Michael Jackson Academy, there is no point. We can still be friends.” I start grabbing bags from the floor as soon as we enter the room.

Ally sucks her teeth and I know she rolled her eyes too, “That isn’t the real reason and we both know it.” She forces me to face her, “you have a thing of my sister and that’s what is holding you back. Fine,” she shrugs, “get your feelings for her out of the way. I can wait. In the meantime, you can remember me with this,” she pushes me against the wall and starts kissing me.

I react instantly, dropping the bags and place one hand in her hair and the other on the small of her back. I deepen the kiss without further thought, I flip us so she is against the wall, while pressing her hard against it. I can feel her smiling as she wraps her hands around my neck, biting my bottom lip. I know that we could go on like this but I reluctantly pull away. She reaches for a bag and runs out of the room with a huge smile.

“Hurry up Vic,” she laughs as she runs up the aisle.

I pick up the rest of the bags and sigh to myself, that girl is trouble. Maybe it’s just better that I don't ever see those two again.
_____________________________________________

“Hello Victor, can I ask you a favor?” I turn towards JT knowing the answer would be yes, I mean he is the headmaster here. “I need you to give a tour to two students who are auditioning here. I am confident that they will be students here soon.”

“Okay, sir,” JT points out where he wants me to wait for them and I head over.

I shove my hands in my pockets wondering who are these kids must be. They have to be amazing to have impressed JT so much. That's when I see her. She is running towards me, ebony hair swinging carelessly behind her, a mischievous grin on her face. Trouble, this means trouble. Liz seemed to be frozen behind her staring at me with caution, I could tell that she had no idea who I was. I feel a slight sting at the thought, am I so forgettable?

“Hello Vic,” Ally smiles when she is near me, “I am so glad that we are here together.”

I open my mouth but words don't seem to come out.

“Before you ask, I convinced my sister that we should audition here. It didn't take much, she said she always wanted to come here. I didn't tell her the real reason I wanted to come here was you.” She laughs and flips her hair. “I don't even think she remembers you. I guess it’s because she went through some crazy stuff after you left the supermarket, probably blocked all that stuff out.” Ally shrugs, “just don't freak her out okay.”

I see her turn around towards her sister and she must tell her something because Liz rolls her eyes and starts heading our way.

“Don’t tell her about the kiss,” Ally mouths at me, as Liz gets closer.

I freeze up and say the first thing that pops into my head.

“Nice of you to join us,” I smile, and I see her kind of blush as I smile at her. This makes me smile more, “My name is Victor, but I prefer to be called Vic. What’s your name?”

Idiot, why didn’t I just tell her I used to work at the market she went to?

“Elizabeth Michaela Rodriguez Garcia Leon, but everyone just calls me Lizzy.”

Wow, the way she said that name. I smile and she looks flustered, is this really the same girl that barely looked my way before? Am I really making her blush?

“Quite a name you got there. Do you always list your whole name when someone asks that question?” I joke, hoping to get her to smile at me.

“No,” Ally jumps in, giving her sister a strange look before giving a knowing look to me. ”She just wanted you to be fully informed, plus she is kind of awkward around guys.”

“A problem my sister clearly doesn't have.” She mumbles, clearly irritated by her sister’s comment.

“So where to first?” Ally ignores her, smiling at me.

I smile again, knowing the perfect place.

“The studio.” I reply.

Ally squeals and Lizzy seems to drift off into lala land. Ally is talking about how it would be nice for us to be together but how she can clearly see that I still have a thing for Lizzy so, she will keep waiting. The old guilt from all those months ago fills my chest. I can't believe I am going to have to go through this all over again.

“But good luck getting her to actually date you,” she continues, “because Lizzy never dates anyone.” She rolls her eyes at her sister, “she is such a goodie goodie that way.”

“Ally, I am not sure if we would be the smartest choice together.” I start, hoping that I sound convincing enough to shut her out.

“Whatever Vic, can’t stop us from happening. I can feel it,” she lightly touches the back of my neck getting playfully close, “I know you can feel it too. We are destined.”

My heart is pounding and I turn our focus back onto the tour. I was grateful when we got to the end of my tour and Ally ran off to yell at Kellin. I even joked that she was into him, in hopes that she would confess to crushing someone else too, but no dice. I sigh as she runs off and face Lizzy, who seems to be in a bit of a daze. Maybe, I should remind her who I am now.

“Where did Ally go?” She says, finally taking note of her sister’s absence.

“She ran off to speak to Kellin, said she had to give him a piece of her mind.” I shrug. “She also said to meet her at the entrance in 15 minutes.”

“Oh well that’s enough time to change, thank you for the tour Vic. Enjoy your day.” She turns to leave and I struggle to find a way to get her to stay.

“Lizzy, J.T said that you guys can keep the threads and the bags. I told your sister that while you were in lala land.” I lie, he didn’t say that at all, but I just want her to stay long enough to remember me.

“Oh, sorry. Can you just express my gratitude to him, will you?” She fidgets between her two feet.

“Are you always this formal?” I chuckle.

“No, I will admit, I become formal when I am nervous.” She gives me a gorgeous smile.

“Oh, so I make you nervous.” I laugh; I know I am about to be flirty, hoping to relax her. “Relax I won't bite you, unless you ask.”

I wink at her, and watch as she blushes. She opens her mouth to say something but out of nowhere the guys tackle me. I laugh as they all talk at once, struggling to get up again. When I look at where she is standing, she is gone. Damn, I hope she does get in so I can see her again. I turn back to my boys and we walk over to Kellin so that we can all head out to lunch.

“That Aaliyah chick is crazy,” Jack and Kellin laugh.

“She sure is.” I nod while remembering our kiss and kind of hoping what she said about us is true.
_____________________________________________________________

I stare at Ally as Aiden gives her a promise ring and my heart aches. I thought she said that we would end up together. She was so sure of it, now this. I stare at my feet and sigh, I didn’t think this would hurt so much but it really does.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( My heart, poor Vic

-Hana