‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

Say Anything

I rock baby Chris as he cries, he is usually such a happy baby. I hope he doesn't cry during the show, I mean this being our last show I kind of want it to be perfect. Then again he always seems to get fussy when Aiden is close by. I don’t understand why, Aiden seems nice enough and he never tries to touch Chris. I move away from Aiden with my baby boy and he immediately starts to calm. Such a strange behavior.

“Shh, shh, shh, shh.” I coo soothingly to my love, “mommy is here, everything will be all right.”

“Aren’t you upset that Jack went off to talk to Aaliyah? I mean they used to date, quite seriously if what Aaliyah has said is true. To be frank, we both know that they were almost engaged and now they are both nowhere to be found.” He said it with an eerie calm in his voice. It was like he wasn’t worried but I should be. “Men have a hard time resisting my Aaliyah, not that they can be blamed. She is perfection.”

I turn toward him and force a smile, I am far too exhausted for this. Chris and I barely slept last night. I rock him and remember to stay friendly. I don't want to let the sleep deprivation make me into someone that I am not. No matter what he is accusing my husband of.

“Aiden, Jack is playing the guitar for Ally’s group because the person who was supposed to play got the stomach flu. So he won’t be making it today, he is just a last minute fill in. There is nothing to worry about,” I look down at our baby boy, “Jack would do nothing to jeopardize this and Ally loves you more than I have ever seen her love anyone. It’s all good.”

Aiden nods and smiles, a softness dancing in his eyes, “I would give the world to that girl.”

I laugh gently as Chris reaches up and tugs a strand of my hair. My perfect baby boy, I can’t believe that he is already five months. I look into his warm brown eyes and my heart melts. I didn’t really know love until I had him. This, this is real, true, pure love. Everyone should have this perfect love.

“Do you want kids Aiden?” I say never breaking eyes contact with my little one.

“Yes,” I hear the gentleness in his voice, “Aaliyah and I have started trying.”

I mask the startled emotion I get from his revelation. Trying? Already? Without the protection of marriage or being together for very long, at that. The way Ally has being going, so career driven, I am surprised they are trying at all. I wonder if Lizzy knows.

“Really?” Is all I could muster to say to him.

“Yes,” he meets my eye and I can see why all the girls swoon over him. Such an intense gaze, as if he were connecting with your very being through that look. It was disconcerting. “ Yes, we spoke about it. She can still proceed with her career. She has some ghost writing jobs that will help launch and she can always record an album while pregnant. We are both thrilled about this.”

I wonder why he is telling me all this. Maybe he knows Ally isn't speaking to her sister and wants me to inform her. I can do that. Its just odd that he wouldn't tell her his self. Maybe he is afraid that that would upset Ally. That would make sense, she has a history of having a temper.

“That’s great,” Chris wraps his hand around one of my fingers as I adjust his blanket, afraid to meet Aiden’s eyes again. “I am happy for you two.”

“Thank you. Well, I must take my leave. I have to rehearse.” I hear his footsteps disappear and the air feels normal again.

I can’t believe how serious they are.
_____________________________________________________

I can’t believe how serious they are. I hate to admit, it has made me kind of bitter at times. I mean Aiden got Ally to do in three months, what I had been working on for a year and some months to get her to do. Then I remember my little man and nothing else matters. I won, because I have him. I have to make things right with Ally, I am a parent now. Not to mention that we are leaving campus after this show, I don’t want to take any emotional baggage into my fresh start. So I gladly said yes when Ally asked me to help out with her part in the show. This is my chance to tell her everything that has been on my mind since I found out she slept with Vic the day my dad died.

“Here is the sheet music.” Ally hands me some papers, “it’s all pretty easy stuff that you will get quickly. Kari and I will be doing vocals,” she starts to ramble, she is nervous with me near. Does she still have feelings for me? “…and it just has to be perfected before we go on in a few hours. I don't-”

“I need to say something and now seems the best time.” I interrupt her rant and sit on a stool that is nearby and gesture for her to sit too. She is hesitant, she looks around and then decides to sit, with a big gap of space between us.

“Make it quick,” she looks around nervously again, “we have to practice.”

“Okay,” I shrug, “I can do that. So remember a few months ago when you were in the hospital because that creep hurt you?”

“Yeah, how could I forget?” She looks away, clearly relieved as Kari spots, who has started unpacking close by, “what about it?”

“That is also the day that I found out that you had sex with Vic.” I stare at her and see the horror creep on her face.

“I….I…I…Jack…I…” she stutters as she struggles with what to say in reply to me.

I raise my hand, “I don’t want to hear any excuses. I just want you to know that I know. I wanted you to know that the night you decided to cheat on me with Vic I was curled into bed crying because my dad had died suddenly. I was heartbroken, that’s why I didn’t go to winter fest, or give you the endless attention that you so clearly needed. I forgave you, even though Vic had come up to me and told me that you spent the night. I guess I should have known what he meant but, I was kind of hoping the kissing was all that happened. Well and the hickey.” I laugh awkwardly, “then I felt like such an idiot when you wouldn’t forgive me for that staged kiss that I posted on my Facebook. I reasoned it was because you saw it, there was evidence that it happened and I didn’t have any of that. Until we went to Disney that is, and I saw first hand how you clung to Vic. I spoke to him last week about your shared past. You have been in love with him for years, so why string me along Ally? Why bother with me?”

Ally shifts uncomfortably, “Jack, I was trying to move on. Vic was in love with my sister, and he didn’t seem to be into me like I was into him. So why shouldn’t I try be happy? That what I said to myself. Besides, you were so perfect to me and I fell in love with the way you treated me, but…when I saw you kiss that girl, a part of me didn’t care. I was relieved even, that made me feel so guilty and…….well you remember the rest. We never recovered from that. I am sorry that I dragged you into the mess that my life was and I hope you can forgive me.”

“That’s the thing Ally, I already have.” I get up and grab the sheet music, “I have my boy, and my wife. I just didn’t want to leave here without you knowing how I felt. I will admit at first I was pissed that Aiden got you the way I wanted you but I am happy for you guys. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy.” I grab the guitar that Ally once gifted me and started strumming the tune, “Now leave me be so I can practice.”

She laughs before she calls me a loser and leaves to go towards her group to practice the song. I feel ten pounds lighter, this was a great idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of love

-Hana