‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

New Page

Like any other day, I was laying in Vic’s bed, my arm draped around him as he laid on his back, singing softly to himself. I had to really cherish the moment, because I knew this would be the last time we were free to be with each other for who knows how long.

“So today’s the last day that we get to be like this, huh?”

I pull a strip of my hair and start to twirl it between my fingers.

“Unfortunately,” Vic mumbles.

“It’s just so weird that you guys are going to have to go through this again…”

I trail off, hating the thought of it. I finally have Vic to myself and suddenly the guy who is after me attacked Lizzy and she’s out of it. I can’t believe that she lost all of that memory. We seriously have to start all over with her, and hopefully get her memory back. I mean, she’s worse than how I was after my attack. I really do hope she gets better…

“This sucks,” he groans, turning over to face me, “how the heck am I supposed to function as her boyfriend again? She’s married! To Kellin! Plus,” he lowers his voice, slowly pulling my hand away from my hair, “I want to be with you…I can’t just go back to that. It-it’s hard.”

I was confused as to whether he meant it would be hard because he wanted to be with me or because he may still have something there for Lizzy? No, there’s no way. Could there?

“Yeah, it'll be really hard,” I frown.

“Don’t,” he says, “I know exactly what you’re thinking. Stop it.”

A small smile creeps on my face, thankful for the assurance by him. It’s crazy that he can just read me like that. I like it.

“Yes sir,” I mumble before kissing him.

He laces our fingers together and smiles into the kiss, making my heart melt.

Then to ruin the moment, someone barges in, causing me to jump.

“Don’t worry, it’s just me,” Kellin says with a smirk, “enough trying to suck the air out of my sister-in-law.” He laughs sadly, “at least, soon to be sister-in-law, with the way things are now.”

“This is so weird,” I say, sitting up.

I comb my hair back with my fingers while Vic tries to cheer Kellin up.

“Don’t stress it man,” he says, sliding his arm around me, “soon enough she’ll snap out of it and realize that you’re her one and only, and I can get back to my own life.”

I laugh, “oh yeah, I’m going to need a boyfriend audition.”

“Wow, way to be conceited,” Vic says to me.

“What do you mean?” I ask, pinching him.

“You think boys are just going to line up and try out to be your boyfriend?” He chuckles.

“Gee, thanks, Vic. Way to make me feel great.”

“You know what I mean,” he says, pulling me in closer to his body.

“Ugh,” Kellin groans, annoyed, “come on guys; Lizzy can walk in any moment, disperse.”

I pout and steal a kiss from Vic before getting up, “thanks bro, I appreciate it.”

“No problem, sis.” Kellin said.

“I’ll text you, Vic.” I turn and nod to Kellin, “Kelly.”

“Alan,” he smiles at me.

“Bye,” Vic waves weakly.

I rush out the door before I could work up my emotions. How could this happen? That guy keeps targeting the people I love, and I still don’t have a clue as to who he could be or why he would want me dead! It’s an unfair advantage on my part. I don’t remember offending any guy in the past year I’ve been out living on my own. I’ve lived a completely mature life on my own. Well, maybe not completely mature, what with my friends in school, but mature enough not to get in trouble. With guys at least, those females from school are a different story. Still, not enough for a murder attempt.
Poor Lizzy, having to pay for something that was supposed to happen to me, and she has no idea about it. She still thinks it’s her first year at the academy, and everything is different. How long am I suppose to pull this off? What if she thinks I’m still with Max? I could just tell her we broke up...but then she’d as why. I can’t just tell her that he dumped me in the woods for Tally, which would make no sense because she’s supposed to be with Kellin even though she was married to that sicko who took advantage of my sister years ago…this is way too complicated.

I’ll just pick up some snacks and pass by her room to start our relationship off on a good note. If her memory is wiped clean might as well try to make up for crap I put her through, right? I stop by my dorm, which is not as much of a wreck anymore since I finally decided to clean it the other morning when I was tired of seeing it that way. I march over to the fridge before I remember that it’s completely empty since I haven’t been here for the past year. Fast food cart it is.

I leave the dorm building for the third time since, well, since Naomi left, and head south of the campus grounds to get some goodies for Lizzy. I spot the cart and walk up to it, examining the menu.

“Afternoon, miss.”

I look up and notice the tall server who was wearing some awesome sunglasses. I also noticed that he has accent from the way he said the phrase. Interesting.

“Good afternoon, uh,” I look at his name tag, “Aiden.”

A lopsided smile appears on his face before he tells me today’s specials. I dismiss them, since they all consist of meat, and decide on getting a bag of tortilla chips with salsa plus a couple of ice cream cones. I need my sugar intake. I quickly get carried away with my toppings; this is the best fast food cart, ever.

I pay for the food and end up walking away with brownie bits and m&m’s threatening to fall off my cone, so I carefully rush back to the cart and ask for a cup to put my cone in.

“Enthusiastic about you food, aren’t you?” He laughs.

“A bit, yes,” I smile, staring down my cone.

I walk away happily, waiting for the moment I can finally sink my teeth into these chips and later my ice cream. I haven’t been this excited for food in a long time. That’s a good thing.

“See you around,” I hear him call out to me.

“Sure,” I looked back at him, raising Lizzy sprinkled cone.

I wonder…could he make a potential fake boyfriend? If I put on enough flirtatious attitude and get his attention long enough to pull it off, maybe I won’t have to have boyfriend tryouts after all. I mean, he’s no Vic Fuentes, but he’ll do.
♠ ♠ ♠
-K_K