‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

Curiosity that must be Quenched

I sit watching Vic twirl around Lizzy, who to be honest, seemed enthralled to have her in his arms. Her crutches are on the floor as he puts her feet on his so that they can dance together. They look like they are completely in love. Of course I am just a simple outsider looking in, I don't know all the information that surrounds this predicament that they are in, and I am simply going by what I see. I don't blame Vic though; if he has fallen in love with Lizzy again. I, myself had noticed her from the moment that I auditioned. How could you not notice how incredibly beautiful Lizzy is? Of course right after I noticed her wedding ring. Such a shame, I could show her things her husband has never imagined.

I shrug, shake my head and laugh to myself; I should be focusing on my work. I grab a rag from under the sink and start cleaning the counter top. I start to hum a tune while brushing off bread crumbs from my work space. When I turn, I happen to look up just in time to see Vic pulling Lizzy in and kissing her forehead. His lips linger, and then he pulls away to stare in her eyes while he slowly brushes away her hair from her face. Her sister, who is doing a poor job of hiding in the shadows, looks utterly displeased at what she is seeing. Again, I found myself laughing, this school seems to be filled with drama but the majority of it surrounds these two and their band of misfit friends. I give Ally a once over, I guess she has some of the beauty her sister does. Though her beauty is a bit more common place to me, perhaps it’s because it’s overstated, the outward beauty everyone sees. I don't find that kind of beauty appealing, but that isn't really important right now. I can see why she is the center of drama by how she kicks the tree she is behind, clearly she has a temper. She starts pulling angrily at leaves and mouthing a string of curses, she is quite the hot head.

I look away from Ally and I start doing inventory, making sure I have enough of everything to stay open for the next two hours. I sigh, its a slow shift today, which means that I am bored out of my mind. I am tired of watching the faux lover birds flitter around the picnic table. Counting product is too fast of a task to keep me busy; the seconds seem to drag by. I stare out into the open, just waiting for someone to order food. I check my wristwatch and try not to think about all the time I have left here at work. I sigh and begin playing with the napkin holder when I see Roxanne heading my way. She gives me a big smile, she is the only one I can speak Italian too, which we both enjoy greatly. Secret conversations no one understands, it’s no wonder she comes to see me every day.

“Ciao Roxanne,you look lovely today.” I lean on the counter giving her a sly smile before switching to Italian, “what’s going on today?”

Roxanne loves that she can confide in me without anyone else having any idea what’s going on. She says it’s comforting and reminds her of home. Plus she hates that she has to share Lizzy with everyone, so she is happy to have me to herself for the most part. Our chats, of course, gives me the perks of knowing most of what goes on in that little clique she hangs out with. Which I usually wouldn't care at all about, but when I am this bored, I am eager to hear whatever she has to say.

She replies in Italian, “I heard you knocked me down to number three on the top five.” She pokes me in my chest, “Don't get too comfortable there at my number two spot.”

She waggles her finger at me while I chuckle softly, “I won't because I plan to make it to the top.”

Now she is laughing, only she is laughing so hard tears are coming down her face, “that’s rich,” she manages between gasps. “You will never beat out Lizzy. Trust me on that Aiden, she has more raw talent in the nail of her pinkie toe then all of Hollywood combined.”

I shrug and hand her a free coffee like I always do when she comes, “we shall see.”

She touches my arm lightly to draw me closer, I know the good stuff is about to come. I am so glad that Italian is not a popular language on this campus, if not Roxy wouldn't tell me so much. No one wants to be seen as a gossip, though I am sure most people would just politely say she is venting, I call it what it is.

“I am so happy that Ally can't be with Vic, I mean that girl deserves what is coming to her.” I give her a smirk; her hatred for that girl confuses me. Ally looks far too dumb and naive to truly be a threat to anyone. “Frankly she deserves to be alone; I mean she waited a whole two seconds after her best friend was murdered before snatching Vic up. Naomi was barely in the ground before she jumped his bones and I can't blame poor Vic. He is just so distraught and confused, time away from Ally is good for him. That girl has absolutely no sense of what loyalty is whatsoever.” She shakes her head, “I have no idea how she is related to someone as wonderful as Lizzy. That girl’s loyalty is bone deep, even now I see her eyeing Kellin lovingly. She will remember their life; their love is too strong to fade.”

She turns in time to see Kellin running playfully towards Lizzy, who is laughing as he does so. Kellin grabs her by the waist and spins her around; I catch a painful look cross Vic’s face. I wonder what that’s about. Maybe it’s now time for me to meet everyone else and become a member of this group, because I am dying to know these dynamics. I mean I know enough about them to make a smooth transition. My curiosity has been seriously peaked. Besides, I really want to be entertained by these people. I give Roxy a once over, and I know that she knows that the time has come.

“When do I get to meet everyone else?” I cock my head to where everyone seems to be streaming out from, the baby included. “I am sure I will get along with your friends. It will help me understand everything you are going through so much more.”

She shakes her head no, “It’s not that, I just don't want to share you with them yet.” She turns around and sees them headed this way, “I guess I better order before they all crowd this place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One of those new point of views that we will hear from throughout the year ♥

-Hana