My Silly Little Human

1/1

I found him lying on his bed, eyes glasses over with tears, arms covered in thick, dark sleeves of scattered markings- ones of which unheard of from back home. He barely even flinched when I entered the room, my face falling considerably when I saw him.
"Victor.." I said, my heart breaking just a little more as my human looked up towards me. Beauty, why on earth..
"Hi Kellin." He spoke quietly, barely lifting his head to give me a small smile. His arms shifted slightly and I could see the blood still trickling down his forearm.
I clicked my fingers, the blood disappearing. Gosh, look at the mess.. and oh how I wish I could make those horrid scars disappear too.
"You didn’t have to do that," he croaked. I smiled, such a silly boy.
“Of course I do, you’re my soulmate remember?” He frowned. He never liked me calling him that, he said you can’t be born to love a specific person and can’t be persuaded otherwise. Whatever, he’ll fall in love with me in time.
"On your planet, maybe." I sighed. My silly human could never understand..
It was silent for a moment, I could hear the jumbled thoughts coming from him but not quite as prominent as I would have liked. I can’t hear his thoughts in coherent sentences like I can for other people. I catch pieces here and there but nothing really made sense and I’m glad I couldn’t anyway. It’s hard listening to my Victor talk so lowly of himself. I honestly cannot imagine having to hear his deepest, darkest thoughts. The idea alone is enough to send jolts of pain throughout my body.
Even though I could sit here starting at my love forever, his heart was quickening and I couldn’t let him feel awful for any longer.
"Wanna see some magic?" I asked hopefully, pathetically even and my silly human smiled slightly at my awkwardness. That’s what I like to see.
"Sure Kelin t-that would be great." He said in broken breaths but I smiled none the less. I walked over and sat down next to him, careful not to disturb his fragile skin, and opened my hands. Little firefly sized lights lit up in glittery specks from my palm and danced up into the air, illuminating the darkened bedroom with spots of light. In a flash they filled the room but quickly banded together with a flick of my wrist. This was something I’d been trying to perfect for a while now and it seems like my human was enjoying it too.
"Kellin.. Oh my God. That’s so beautiful." He gushed, causing me to blush a little. Oh no love, that’s not even the best part!
"If you like that," I whispered, now holding out one hand to control the lights and the other stroking Victors hair, "then I think you’ll find this to be exceptional."
With a click of my fingers the lights bounded together and began moving in time. It looked as though a television screen was floating in the air but far more vibrant and colourful. Vic looked rather in awe of what he was seeing which pleased me greatly. Anything to keep his mind off of his urges after all, though I must say I was pretty proud of myself.
The image currently animating in the air was one of us at the beach a few months ago. Vic was extremely reluctant to go out since it was hot and he felt uncomfortable showing his arms, but I managed to find a (extremely difficult and draining) spell to rid him of his scars for the day. Though I felt like death afterwards, there was no denying that smile he wore and the confidence practically radiating from him. I’d do that a thousand times to make him smile.
Just like he was right now, eyes open wide like a child as he watched us splash about in the sand.
My powers were beginning to lessen and I grew tired so, begrudgingly, I stopped. I turned to grab at Victors waist and layer us down, grabbing the duvet and pulling it over us. It was a chilly night.
"Oh Kellin, that was wonderful..yours wonderful, thank you." He mumbled out moment later, his arms reaching up to snake around me.
"Anything to make you smile, my silly little human."
♠ ♠ ♠
tumblr: queen-mcdougall.tumblr.com