Status: Will update every 5 comments.

The Good Life.

Prologue

I was sitting in a room full of people waiting to get my birth certificate. I never had it before in my possession. The foster care system said they never had it, either. Strange. I glanced around at the people and they all looked pretty frustrated at this long wait. Me on the either hand, I was nervous. My adviser at the group home said that my parents names would be on my birth certificate. Why did I need to find my parents? Easy, I want to get emancipated. In order to get emancipated, I need to get my parents to sign this paper work. I wasn't sure how I was going to find them, but this was a start, at least.

"Eden Williams?" A lady called out into the room.

I raised my hand and sent her a small smile, "That would be me." She motioned me up to the desk.

Once I sat down in the much more comfier seat than I was in before, she smiled at me, "How can I help you?"

This made me rub my sweaty hands on my thighs, "Well, I need a copy of my birth certificate."

She nodded and started typing away at the computer. I started to chew on my finger nail, while waiting for her to find something. I watched as she printed something out at the printer and handed the paper to me, "There you go, sweetie. I hope everything works out." Yeah, me too.

I said a polite thank you and walked out of the building. Once I was away from that crowed building, I opened the piece of paper up. My heart started to beat faster and I felt my stomach turn a little. I scanned the white piece of paper with my eyes and a gasp fell from my lips when I found that I didn't have a mother listed on my birth certificate.

"How the hell is that possible?" I asked myself out loud.

I looked for the father and sighed in relief once I saw that I at least had a father. His name was Brian Haner Jr. Maybe once I find him, he can help me find my mom, and this can all be in the past.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short, but I just wanted to start this, at least. Hope everyone will like this story, because I know I'm going to love writing it.

Comments, please? (: