Status: Will update every 5 comments.

The Good Life.

Chapter Three

It was getting dark outside. I frowned to myself, feeling like I was imagining it. Brian and I just got here a little while ago. Or at least that's what it felt like. I glanced at the clock on the wall which proved my imagination wrong. 7:55PM

I looked down at River to find him curled up in a ball, sound asleep. A smile grew on my face when I noticed he was still gripping the toy race car in his little hand.

"Did he fall asleep?" Val made her presence known.

Without taking my eyes off of River, I nodded, "Yeah. The little guy is a die heart. I can't believe I spent five hours playing race cars with him. How old is he?" Wondering how he had an attention span that long. I always thought little kids could only stay concentrated on something for five minutes, not five hours.

Val chuckled, "He's two years old. Toy race cars are the only things that will keep him occupied for a good amount of time. Matt bought him his first one on his first birthday and it hasn't been the same since. He can't fall asleep unless he has the car in his hand."

That caused me to chuckle as well. Now it all made sense. Val leaned down in front of me to scoop River up in her arms, "I'm going to put him to bed. The guys are outside on the patio."

I looked around and realized they weren't on the couch anymore. Playing with the little guy really distracted me, but it was nice. I got to escape my thoughts even if it only was for a few hours. I watched Val disappear down the hallway and I was back to reality.

Brian wants me to live with him. I never once had someone in my life tell me that. I'm more than willing to say yes, but I can't do that to Brian or Michelle. Michelle clearly doesn't like me and I feel like I would only complicate things between the two. Brian is a guitar player for the biggest band in rock music today. At least that's what Val told me. He doesn't need me hanging around when he's got his band to concentrate on.

All I have to do is get through tonight and get on a plane tomorrow to meet my mother. It's really simple. I just have to try my best not to get attached.

Too late for that.

My brain was getting overwhelmed so I decided to go see what Brian and the guys were up to. I walked into the kitchen and went over to the patio door. I saw them sitting in lounge chairs all around the table. I silently debated on if I should go out there or not. I was about to turn around when I noticed Brian wave me over. I hesitated, not wanting to mess with their guy time, but Brian gave me a reassuring smile. He even mouthed the words 'Come out here'.

I gave a half smile before opening the door. I walked onto the patio and shut the door behind me. Once I turned around, I found the guys looking at me.

Matt grinned, "About time you came out here. Did River fall asleep?"

I gave him a soft nod, "Yeah, Val is putting him to bed now." I said, while standing there.

"Well, don't just stand there. Come sit with us." Johnny said with an inviting smile on his face.

Arin agreed, "Yeah, we don't bite."

That made Zack smirk in my direction, "Johnny might, just flick him on the nose and he'll stop."

They all busted out laughing and Brian pulled a chair up beside him. He gestured to it, while still laughing at the joke Zack made.

"I'm not a dog!" Johnny exclaimed, but laughed anyways.

I took the seat next to Brian and looked at Zack to see that he was concentrating on Johnny, "Yeah, you're right. You're more of a porcupine."

They all laughed again and I even chuckled this time. They were pretty funny guys.

Johnny's hands went up to cover his hair, like he was trying to hide it, which was completely impossible. Matt snickered, "Aww, is Johnny embarrassed?" The rest of the guys laughed again.

"Fuck you, dude. At least my hair isn't half shaved." Johnny snapped at Matt, making me think he was actually upset about this, but Johnny laughed once Matt flipped him off.

The laughter died away and I just stared at the table. A silence fell upon us for a brief moment, but Arin broke it, "So, Eden. What kind of music do you like?"

I took a second to think about that, "I like all kinds. Music is music to me."

Brian spoke up, "Name some of your favorite artists."

"Hm, well lately I've been listening to Elton John-"

Matt grinned at Brian, "I like her!"

That made me blush for some reason, "Probably my all time favorite group would have to be Duran Duran."

Johnny groaned, "Oh no."

"You don't like them?" I asked, feeling a little hurt. They were amazing.

Zack butted in, "It's kind of hard to like them when your Dad over here plays their music every fucking chance he gets." Your Dad.

I turned to Brian, "You like Duran Duran?"

"How can anyone not like them?" Brian grinned down at me.

Arin decided to answer that, "You over play them, man. It's hard to like them when that's all you hear every day on tour."

I glanced at Arin, "There's no such thing as over playing when it comes to Duran Duran. Their songs never get old."

Matt laughed at this, "Well, guys. I think it's safe to say that Brian has been cloned."

Everyone laughed but Brian and I. We looked at each other and just smiled. I was starting to form a bond with him and it scared me. My smile faded away and i turned my head, trying to avoid it.

The sound of the patio door opening made everyone look over to see who it was. My stomach became queasy when I saw that it was Michelle.

She walked over to us, "Hey, guys. Could Brian and I have a minute alone?"

The guys got up and headed for the door. I stood up from my seat to do the same but Brian grabbed my arm. I looked down at him and he gave me a stern look, "You can stay."

Michelle sighed, "Brian I think we should talk, alone."

I pulled away from Brian, "I'll go inside."

He wouldn't let me leave, "No. Michelle, whatever you want to talk about, you can say in front of my daughter." My Daughter.

"Brian, would you stop calling her that?" She snapped, causing me to flinch. I really shouldn't be here for this.

Brian scoffed, "What? You still think she's just a crazed fan? Michelle, you need to accept the fact that she really is my daughter."

Michelle made a 'tsk' sound, "And I'm your Wife, Brian. I think we need to talk before you make any decisions on what you're going to do with her."

I knew it was my time to go. I couldn't let them argue over me any longer. I rose up from my seat to face Michelle, "I'm leaving now so you'll never have to see me again," I turned to Brian, "I'm sorry. I can't let you guys fight like this. Not because of me."

Brian got to his feet, "Eden-"

I shook my head, "I'm really glad I got to meet you. Whenever I hear Duran Duran, I'll think of you," I smiled softly, "Thank you for helping me."

I turned back to Michelle, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you, but you won't see me again. I promise." I headed for the door.

"Eden, wait-"

"No, Brian. Let her go, she wants to leave."

"This is your fault!"

I walked into the Kitchen and found Val cleaning up. I could feel tears rising knowing I was going to have to say good bye to her. She was the only woman in my whole life that made me feel welcome in her home.

"Is everything okay, Eden?" Val asked.

I wiped my eyes while walking over to her, "Yeah, I actually have to go. Thank you so much for having me over."

"You're welcome, honey. You're not leaving because of Michelle, are you?" She asked, while pulling me into a hug.

That made me sigh, "No, it's just my time to go. I'm sorry. Thank you for everything."

Val let go of me to kiss my forehead, "If you ever need anything at all, you know where I live, okay? Be careful out there."

"Bye." I smiled before heading for the door.

Once I was outside the house, the tears just came flowing down my cheeks. I didn't think it would be this hard. I just have to remember that I was only here for him to sign a piece of paper. Which he didn't sign.

"You're not leaving."

I looked up at him while trying to hold a sob back, "I have to."

Brian shook his head, "No, you don't. Eden, I know you don't want to leave and I don't want you to leave, so please stay."

"Michelle doesn't me here and I don't want to cause problems between you two."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "I guess I'll have to do this the hard way," He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, "If you want me to sign this then you'll stay with me for the night." Bribery.

"Michelle-"

Brian got mad, "I don't give a fuck what Michelle wants right now. She's just pissed off, she'll get over it."

I walked over to Brian and took the piece of paper from him, "Forget the signature. I'll figure something out." I started walking down the street, waiting for Brian to stop me again, but this time he didn't.

Well I have some money saved in my wallet. It was suppose to be for my security deposit for an apartment when I got emancipated. I guess I have to use it for a plane ticket. Hopefully I have better luck with my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe the feedback I'm getting on this story so far. I'm so happy that everyone likes it so far! I'm sorry this took a little longer than expected to get out.

I just want to reassure everyone that this isn't the last time you'll see Brian. How do you think the visit with her Mother will go?

Give me your thoughts! I love hearing what you guys have to say!