Status: Active

Glass Hearts

No Need for Introductions

I turned off my blow dryer and stood back, admiring my work. "How do you like it, heather," I asked, taking the cape off of my client.
A huge smile spread across her face as she shook out her hair, "It's beautiful as always!"
She got up and began rummaging through her purse. "This is for you," she said trying to hand me a twenty dollar bill.
I pushed her hand away, "Nah, you keep that and buy yourself something for that hot date tonight, you deserve it!"
She gave me a hug and thanked me again before heading to the reception desk to check out.
"How do you ever make any money when you refuse to take half of your clients tips," my coworker and best friend Jamie jokingly asked.
"I only don't accept money from the people I know need it more than me," I replied cleaning up my tools.
"You have too good of a heart Aumi," Jamie said rolling her eyes. "Help a gal out and be my DD tonight?"
I chuckled throwing my long dark red hair up into a messy bun. "How am I ever supposed to have a good time when I'm always being your DD?"
"True," she contemplated my question. "We'll get a taxi tonight. You're for sure going to this party though, you can't say no. It's going to be super sick and full of really hot guys!"
I agreed to meet her at her apartment at eight thirty before gathering my things and heading out of the salon. I opened the door to my red Beamer and threw my bags into the passenger seat. It was only four so I had to figure out what to do for four and a half hours before the party. I pulled out of the parking lot and started the short ten minute drive to my house.
I unlocked the front door and was greeted lovingly by my eight month old husky, Lola. "Hey baby," I gushed scratching between her ears. She followed me out the back and I patiently waited for her to do her business before heading back inside.
I decided to make a cup of coffee before sitting down to read one of my favorite books to pass the time.

-------

I curled the last bit of my hair letting it cascade over my shoulders and checked myself out in the mirror. I rubbed at my eyeliner quickly before deciding my makeup was perfect and swiftly pulled down my short teal dress. I was determined to have a good night tonight. With how hard I've been working, I sure as hell deserve it.
I slipped into my black wedges and grabbed my purse off the counter before making my way out to my car to head to Jamie's.
"Damn girl, you look fucking hot," Jamie exclaimed looking me up and down. I laughed and did a twirl for her.
"You aren't looking too bad yourself," I said eyeing her 'a little too tight' black dress.

--------

Jamie knocked on the front door of a comfortable looking white and blue house. A moment later a redheaded guy answered the door with a huge smile, "Jamie!! It's been way too fucking long." He quickly embraced her in a hug before noticing me standing there. "Who's this fine little lady?"
"Oh! Alan, this is Autumn, Autumn this is my cousin Alan. He's the one throwing the party," Jamie explained.
"Nice to meet you, Alan," I said holding out my hand, which he shook before pulling me into a hug. "Handshakes are overrated."
He lead us inside to where about 15 people were gathered around watching a few people play beer pong. "Hey everyone!" Alan yelled trying to get everyone's attention. "You remember my cousin Jamie and this is her friend Autumn."
Everyone waved and said a slight hi before going back to watching the guys playing beer pong. Jamie took my hand and pulled me to the kitchen. "Let's take shots shall we?"
She took a bottle of jäger off the counter and poured 2 shots for us. "Bottoms up," she said winking at me.
I felt the warm cough syrup tasting alcohol slip down my throat and as soon as I set the glass down she poured a second shot, which I gladly took.
"Jamie you've only just arrived and you're already devouring all the booze," a tall tattooed guy exclaimed wrapping his arms around Jamie's shoulders.
"Well you know me," she replied turning around to wrap her arms around his waist. "How have you been?"
"Busy, busy, busy as always" he said pulling away from her. "How about you pour me one of those shots"
Jamie pulled another shot glass down and poured three shots. I awkwardly clinked my glass with theirs before downing the third shot.
The guy slammed the glass down on the counter before turning to me. "I'm so rude. I'm so sorry! I'm Austin," he said holding out his hand.
"Autumn," I smiled at him shaking his hand.
"What a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl," he said before winking and strutting back off to where they were playing beer pong.
I blushed and turned to Jamie mouthing, "oh my fucking god."
She laughed and shook her head. "He's something else."

-------

Three more shots later and Jamie and I decided we were going to play a round of beer pong. "Oh you ladies are going fucking down," Phil yelled giving Austin a high five. "Ladies first."
I smirked taking the ball and throwing it, making it in first try. "Drink up," I said smiling proudly.
Five minutes later they stood with 2 cups left in front of them to our 5 cups. I was feeling the effects of the alcohol take over me as my vision was becoming slightly blurry and my morals were flying out the window. "I love you so much," I giggled clinging to Jamie.
"I love you too Aumi but I really need to throw this," she giggled patting my back. Plop! Right into the cup. "Fuck yes!" I cheered jumping up and down. Austin took the ball and threw it missing by a few centimeters. "Poor baby," I cooed fake rubbing my eyes.
"You better make this or you're going to look like an ass!" He said jokingly glaring at me.
I washed the ball off before taking my position and aiming for the final cup. Everyone's eyes were on me making me nervous and giggly. I finally took a deep breath and pulled myself together before throwing the ball, landing right in the cup. The room erupted with applause and someone picked me up jumping up and down.
I laughed trying to get out of who I now realized was Alan's grasp. "Nobody ever beats Austin and Phil!"
"Well I don't lose at anything," I smirked with drunk confidence.

-----------

I woke up the next morning in Jamie's guest room with a pounding headache and groaned shielding out the light flooding into the room with my blanket. A knock came from the door and Jamie walked in. "Coffee?"
"Coffee," I replied with a groan. She sat a cup in my hands as I sat up and handed me a few Advil. "I'm definitely not 21 anymore," I chuckled before taking the Advil.
"Shut up," Jamie said slapping my arm. "You're only 23, you're just out of practice!"
I laughed and agreed with her. "I should probably get going. Lola has probably shit all over my floor."
"Oh fuck, I keep forgetting about your dog."
I laughed and crawled out of the bed and slipped my dress from last night back on over my underwear. "Yeah she's a little stinker but I fucking adore her."
I quickly drank the rest of my coffee before heading towards the front door. "I will see you later," I said setting the cup down on the counter beside the door.
"Oh wait!" Jamie exclaimed before running to her purse and pulling out a paper. "Austin wanted me to give you this."
I opened the paper to find a phone number on it and a note reading "text me, austin xoxo."