Status: Active

Glass Hearts

Dont Ever Doubt a Country Girl

"Autumn Elizabeth Grey, will you be my one and only?"
A huge smile spread across my lips. "Austin Robert Carlile, I would love nothing more than to be your one and only."
Our lips joined again, passionately moving together. I heard cheering from the beach and turned my head to see everyone watching us and clapping. I giggled and buried my face in Austin's neck as he began to walk back to shore.
"So...?" Jamie asked as Austin set me down in the warm sand.
"This girl is officially mine." Austin wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind and kissed my cheek causing me to blush.
Jamie squealed and jumped up and down. "Fucking finally! I've wanted to shoot you two for being so blind!"
I chuckled and shoved her shoulder. "Shit happens. Go get me a beer!"
I took a beer from Jamie and we walked over to where Alan and Phil were cluelessly trying to build a fire. Austin sat down on the sand and pulled me into his lap. "I don't think we will be having a fire today," he whispered in my ear.
I laughed leaning into his arms. "Hey I heard that!" Alan puffed out of frustration.
"Would you like me to help?"
"No offense Autumn, but you're a girl, a girly girl at that. You wouldn't know the first thing about putting together a fire."
I rolled my eyes and reluctantly got up out of Austin's lap. "Watch and learn girls."
I ordered Alan and Phil to remove the lame pile of wood they had thrown into a pile and began to neatly stack the wood into a tent shape. After stacking the wood up until it almost reached over my head I stood back and crossed my arms. "Don't ever doubt a country girl."
"Definitely wife material," Phil said nodding his head. "She can cook better than my mother and she can get down and dirty. You better keep her Austin or I might steal her away."
"Back off my girl," Austin growled playfully pulling me down by my hips. I giggled and turned to the side in his lap to peck his lips.
"Get a room you two." Alan rolled his eyes and poured some gas over the wood.
"Awe, is someone butt hurt over getting shown up by a girl?" I joked sticking my tongue out at him.
"Shut up," he mumbled lighting a paper on fire and setting it in the middle of the sticks.

------

We all sat around sipping our beers and roasting various things over the fire. "I am so full," I grumbled rubbing my belly. "If I even see another marshmallow I may puke."
Austin grimaced. "Don't do that. Then I can't kiss you."
Alan waved a marshmallow in front of my face teasingly. I tore the stick out of his hand and tossed it across the beach. "Stop being a little fuck."
"You're being aggressive today!"
"I'm tired," I mumbled laying my head in Austin's lap.
"It's only four in the afternoon..."
"Yeah well not everyone can get a peaceful nights sleep."
Austin ran his fingers through my hair, lightly massaging my scalp. I wanted to fall asleep right there. The exhaustion from the night before was creeping in and being in the sun for hours hasn't helped.
I took my phone out of my bag and began going through my Instagram and noticed I was tagged in something. It was a picture of Jamie and I running toward the water. I smiled and looked up at Austin. "You have to send me this. I want to get it framed."
"I thought it was pretty perfect."

-----

We packed up our things and looked over the beach to make sure we hadn't left anything behind. There's nothing that I hate more than when people leave trash on our beautiful beaches. I picked up a few pieces of plastic sticking out of the sand and put it in the trash bin.
"I love that you're so earth friend," Austin said lacing his fingers with mine as we walked to his car.
I shrugged. "I want to keep the place I love the most beautiful."
He smiled and opened the passenger door for me. I smiled and thanked him before getting in the car. He closed the door and ran to the driver side and got in. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before buckling myself in. "How did I get so luck?"
"I'm the lucky one. I couldn't ask for a better woman on my arm."
I giggled. "You're such a gentlemen."
We began our drive back to my house, stopping at Austin's apartment so that he could pick up some clothes. "You might as well live with me," I joked. "You never leave."
"Are you getting sick of me already?"
I put my hand over my chest acting hurt. "I could never."
"Good because I want to spend every waking moment I can with you before we have to leave for tour again." He brought my hand to his lips and I felt a slight ping in my chest. I had just gotten used to him bring home this past week, even if he had been busy.
"And even will that be?" I dreaded the answer.
He looked at me with worry in his eyes, "uhm we leave for a six week stretch in a week and a half."
I let out a small puff and pushed my hair back out of my face. "Well, I survived two months without you so six weeks should be a piece of cake."
We pulled into my driveway and got out of the car. Austin came around and cupped my face, planting several small kisses on my lips. "That was before I knew how amazing it is to feel your lips on mine."
I blushed and kissed him back each time, placing my hands on his forearms. "This is true."
He took my house keys out of my hand and leaned down, gripping my thighs to lift me up onto his hips. I squealed and wrapped my arms and legs around him as he made his way to the front door. He skillfully unlocked the door, holding me up with one arm and opened it. He kicked it closed behind us and turned to press me against the door, crashing his lips into mine. I froze for a moment before tangling my fingers through his hair, kissing him back. The kiss slowed to a passionate kiss as he pressed me tighter against the wall. He slid his tongue across my lip begging for entrance, my lips instantly parted to allow our tongues to tangle together. He pulled away, planting small kisses from my lips down my jawline to my neck, causing me to bite my lip. I felt goosebumps raise over my body as he kissed behind my ear, driving me absolutely insane.
I heard my phone ringing but chose to ignore it, loving the feeling of Austin lightly sucking and biting over the soft skin of my neck. I heard the answering machine click. "This is Dr. Overtin calling from Baylor University Medical Center to speak to Autumn Grey regarding her father Brandon Grey. He has taken a turn for the worse and it might really help if he had some love and support by his side. Call back soon 214-342-2386."
My heart sunk to my stomach and I instantly began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to the 12 people who are subscribed to this story!
If you could please leave a comment and let me know how you're feeling about this story that would be awesome! (: