Status: Active

Glass Hearts

Only Because I Love You

My mind and body were numb as I sat in the airport waiting to board my plane. Austin sat nervously next to me, asking if I was okay every two to five minutes. I just nodded every time, twirling my phone in my hand.
I told him he didn't have to fly to Texas with me but he insisted, since he was the one who talked me into actually going in the first place. He wanted to be there for me when I crashed. The inevitable of course.
The flight attendant called our section. I silently got up, Austin laced his fingers with mine giving my hand a tight squeeze. I gave him a small smile as we fell in line behind everyone waiting to board.
We got on the plane and found out seats. Austin took my bag and put it in the overhead compartment, allowing me to sit in the window seat. "Only because I love you."
He softly kissed my lips making me smile. I buckled myself in and clinched onto Austin's hand. Taking off has never been one of my favorite things in the world. I was fine with landing and actually being in the air, but taking off scared the shit out of me. I think it was because of some Twilight Zone episode I watched as a child.
"We aren't going to blow up," Austin assured me squeezing my hand back. "I promise."
"You don't know that." I took a deep breath as the plane began to ascend into the sky.
I let out a long breath as soon as I saw the seatbelt light go off and pulled my sweaty hand out of Austin's and wiped it off on my pants. "Sorry..."
He chuckled and leaned over to kiss the side of my head. "It's fine babe."

----

We finally arrive at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport around eight o'clock. I was hungry, tired, and extremely grumpy. "We need to find somewhere to eat and our hotel like two hours ago," I grumbled throwing my back over my shoulder.
"This is your hometown, you tell me where to go, I follow." Austin took my bag off my shoulder and threw it over his.
I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine. I guess. You should know not to let girls make decisions on where to eat. It's an impossible question."
"You're really cute when you're all hungry and flustered."
"Keep it up and you'll be sleeping on a couch tonight."
Austin kissed the top of my head. "Let's just go to Texas Roadhouse. When in Texas, go to Texas Roadhouse."
"Austin... Texas Roadhouse is all over the United States..."
He covered his mouth and laughed. "I know that! You just gotta figure it would be better because we're in Texas. Right?"
I rolled my eyes and called a taxi over for us. We loaded our things in and instructed the driver to take us to the nearest Texas Roadhouse. He looked at us strangely but proceeded in an unknown direction until he pulled into the parking lot.
I thanked him and began to dig through my purse to pay him, but Austin beat me to it. "This is my trip! I'm supposed to pay."
"You're my woman. I shall never let my woman pay for a thing.
We took our bags with us into the restaurant and were seated in a booth in the far back. "Smile baby," Austin said taking a picture of me laying my head on the table and looking up at him.
I groaned as I heard my phone go off, alerting me that I was tagged in something on twitter and Instagram. "You suck."
"You look super cute. I couldn't resist."
Our waitress came up to get our drink order and stopped in her tracks as she glanced at Austin. "Are... Ar... Oh my god. You are Austin Carlile..."
"That would be me young lady, and what would your name be?"
"I... I'm Amanda," she stuttered and blushed. "I know I'm supposed to be getting your orders and everything but could I maybe get a picture? Nobody is going to believe me!"
"Yeah sure!" She pulled out her phone and Austin took it from her and proceeded to take a super selfie like picture with her.
"Thank you so much!" She gushed. "Now what can I get you two to drink?"
"I'll have an ice water with lemon."
"Sweet tea, please," I said smiling at her. "And could we get some fried pickles for an appetizer?"
"No problem, I'll be back with your drinks!"
I took a roll from the center of the table and doused it in their special butter before shoving half of it in my mouth. Austin watched me with amusement in his eyes, making me glare at him. He just shook his head and laughed before taking one for himself.
Our waitress returned and sat out drinks down before turning back to Austin. "I thought you guys weren't on your, what are you doing all the way here in Texas?"
"Just visiting my girls family."
"Oh I see." I saw jealousy flash through her eyes and she sighed turning to the center of the table again. "Are y'all ready to order?"
Austin nodded at me and I began my order, "I'm going to have grilled barbecue chicken with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetable as my since."
"And I'm going to have the same because that sounds amazing."
I smiled and rolled my eyes. "You're such a dork."

-------

We finished eating and got our check. Austin insisted on paying for the food and left a tip with a note and his autograph on it before we left. Coincidentally our hotel was only three blocks down from where we were, thank you google maps, so we decided to walk.
I was happy when we finally stepped into the hotel lobby. Walking the streets of Dallas at night always sketched me out. There weren't always the nicest people.
We checked in, Austin again insisted on giving them his credit card instead of mine and upgrading to a better room on the fourteenth floor. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "What am I going to do with you?"
"You're going to shut your mouth and let me pamper you," Austin said as he cupped my face and leaned down to kiss me.
I closed my eyes and leaned up on my tip toes to deepens the kiss. "Mmmh, I guess I can try."
We got in the elevator and pushed the fourteen button and waited as everyone else got off on their floors before finally reaching the top. Austin led me down the hall until we reached our room. I instantly put my bags down and threw myself on the bed. "I could sleep for five years."
"You could use a good night of sleep before tomorrow. I'm going to go take a shower." Austin came over to the bed and leaned down to kiss me. "I'll be back."
I nodded and watched as he flung his clothes out of his bag before finding what he wanted and walked into the bathroom. I lazily pulled my pants, struggling to get them over my feet. I finally through them across the room and stripped my shirt and bra off before grabbing one of Austin's shirts off the floor and slipping it on.
I got under the covered and pulled them up to my chin before turning the tv on. I flipped to the ID network, remembering the channel number from years ago, and began watching Who the BLEEP Did I marry?
As I was about to drift off Austin opened the bathroom door, steam flooding into the bedroom. He dried his hair with the towel before tossing it onto the couch and crawling in bed next to me. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around his waist, lying my head on his shoulder. "I love you."
"I love you too. You look really sexy in my shirt by the way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the 13 of you who are subscribed to this story!
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! Let me know how you're liking it<3