Status: Active

Glass Hearts

A Thousand Leagues Over My Head

I got into my car and pulled my phone out of my purse, it had been a while since I even looked twice at a guy, but something about Austin just made me want to get to know him.
I quickly put his number into my iphone and pulled up a text.

Austin:
Hey it's Autumn.

I threw my phone back into my purse and backed out of my parking spot and sped off towards my house. I heard Lola crying at the front door as soon as I locked my car. "I'm coming baby," I cooed unlocking the door before getting pounced on. "I missed you too Miss Lola," I called walking to the back door to let her out. I left the door open so she could come back in as I went over to the potty mat to clean up the mess she had maid over night.
I heard the loud DING of my phone going off and dug through my phone to find it.

Austin:
I was honestly kind of scared that you wouldn't text me!

Me:
Haha! Why is that? (:

I opened a can of wet dog food and poured it into Lola's bowl before popping my head of the door to call her. She came running inside sliding on the wooden floors as she tried to get to her food as fast as possible. "You dork," I laughed going over to turn on the tv. I flipped to the news and started watching all the shitty stories that just make life seem depressing. DING.

Austin:
You are like a thousand leagues over my head!

Me:
I am not! You seem like a really nice guy though <3

I smiled and pushed my hair back. I hadn't let myself have time to even think or relax in over a year. It felt good to actually go out and party and have a good time last night. I really needed to let lose.
Lola jumped up on the couch next to me and put her head in my lap. I smiled and rubbed her ears before leaning down to kiss her head. How did I get so lucky?
I felt my phone go off again.

Jamie:
Did you text Austin? ;)

Me:
Yes Jaimie :p Jesus.

Austin:
Wanna meet up for lunch?

Me:
Sure (: where do you want to meet up?

I got off the couch and went to my bedroom to grab some clothes. I pulled some fresh underwear out of my drawer and walked over to my closet to find something to wear for the day. I decided on dark red shorts and a three-quarter sleeve blue flannel button up. I went and checked my phone before heading to the shower.

Austin:
A little diner called Henry's downtown about 1? I can give you directions if you don't know where it is.

Me:
I love that place. I'll see you at 1!

I turned the shower on, adjusting the temperature before getting in. The water felt absolutely amazing running over my skin. I washed my hair and piled a hand full of conditioner into my hair before washing my body and shaving. After I was done I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a towel before stepping into the coldness. I opened the bathroom door to let some of the fog from the shower escape and I began to dry myself off before throwing on my outfit.
I glanced down at my phone reading the time. 12:15. "Fuck," I whispered to myself grabbing my hair brush and pulling it through my hair. I decided on just putting smoothing product in it and letting the curls hang naturally.
I ran to my room and grabbed my makeup bag out of my purse and ran back to the bathroom. I applied the usual foundation and such, ending with a perfect cat eye.
I took one last look at myself before grabbing my purse and slipping on my black Toms.

------

After fighting through traffic I finally pulled into Henry's and found a parking spot. I looked around to see if I could spot Austin but I didn't see him.

Me:
I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late. Traffic was horrible!

He answered back quickly.

Austin:
I thought you stood me up! (; jk! I already got us a table. It's right when you walk in.

I nodded at the text and took a deep breath, fixing my hair in the rear view mirror. I grabbed my purse and made my way into the small building. I spotted Austin waving to me as soon as I walked in. I walked over to the table and took the seat across from him.
"I'm glad you made it, beautiful," he said making me blush.
"I was scared you were going to leave before I could even get here," i admitted fiddling with the corner of the menu.
He laughed and looked into my eyes, "I probably would have waited for hours and been really sad if you didn't show."
Our waitress walked up and cleared her throat, "hi I'm Sarah, I'll be your waitress today. What can I get you to drink?"
"I'll have ice tea with lemon please," I replied with a smile.
"I'll have the same." She nodded and walked away to get out drinks. "So Autumn, tell me about yourself."
"Um, I don't know," I laughed. "What would you like to know?"
"Anything and everything."
I laughed more at his response, "well, I'm 23 and I'm a hairstylist. I have been since I was 19. I moved here from Texas when I was 18. Uh, I have a husky named Lola, she is my world. My life is pretty boring."
Our waitress sat our drinks down in front of is before asking if we were ready to order. We both go blueberry pancakes with sausage and eggs on the side.
When the waitress left I turned back to Austin, "what about yourself? Tell me everything."
He took a sip of his drink and smiled. His smile could kill. "Well I'm 26. I'm in the band Of Mice & Men with a few of the guys you met last night, Jamie's cousin Alan, Phil, Tino, and Aaron. I scream."
"That's actually really cool. Jamie's played a few of your songs before. Y'all are really good."
"Thanks," he said wish a huge smile. "It's what I live for."
Our food came and we began to eat, talking about life and music. We shared a lot of mutual interests. I felt like I could talk to him forever and never get bored.
"Here is your bill," the waitress said setting a folder down on our table. "Have a great rest of your day."
I went to grab for the bill but austin quickly scooped it away. "Nuh uh, the lady never pays," he explained pulling out his wallet and putting the needed cash in the folder.
I blushed and looked down at my hands. "Thank you."
"No, thank you for gracing me with your presence," he said before standing up and holding his hand out to me. I took his hand and stood up. "We should do this again some time m'lady."
"And we shall," I said smiling as he walked me to my car.
"I'll text you," he said before giving me a quick hug and heading to his car.
I got into my car and placed my head on my steering wheel taking a deep breath. Something about him just made my stomach tie into knots but at the same time I felt completely comfortable with him.