Status: Active

Glass Hearts

***

Two months passed and today was the day Austin and the guys were finally coming home. Over the past few months Austin and I had become best friends. I couldn't wait for him to finally be home.
"Did you get the food you needed from the store?" Jamie asked. "I'm going to get the booze."
"Yup, I got everything we needed," I said popping some chicken Parmesan into the oven. "You better hurry. They're going to be here in like, twenty minutes.
"Fuck, she exclaimed glancing at the clock before running out of my house.
I laughed at how forgetful and unorganized my best friend was. I turned around to stir the spaghetti noodles and sauce that were cooking on the stove. We figured after two months of being on the road, the guys would appreciate a nice home cooked meal, so we decided to throw a small get together and invite the guys over for dinner.
I went over to my stereo and plugged in my phone, blasting Paramore over the loud speakers and went back to the kitchen to bring making my famous homemade garlic break. Yes, even the bread itself was homemade.
I cut the loaf in half before pulling out the garlic butter I had made the night before. I spread a thick layer on the bread and placed it straight into the over to crisp up.
"Cause I've even love die way too many times, when it deserved to be alive" I sang at the top of my lungs before I felt arms snaked around my waist. "What the fuck!" I screamed, jumping a foot into the air and turned around. Austin was standing there snorting through laughter.
"That's not fucking funny" I yelled over the music, hitting his chest.
"Oh but it is," he said back before engulfing me in his arms. "I missed my best friend."
"I missed you too, asshole," I said squeezing his torso tightly, "but I seriously need to per now."
I released my arms from him and walked over, turning down my stereo before making my way over to the bathroom. I did my business and checked my hair and makeup in the mirror. I let out a gravy sigh. Is it possible that he got even more attractive while he was away?
I returned to the kitchen and began pulling everything out of the oven.
"Damn it smells fucking amazing in here" Alan exclaimed sniffing the air life a dog.
I chucked and ordered everyone to sit at the dinner table. I laid out a few pot holder on the table before bringing the food over and setting it on the center of the table.
After placing everything on the table I took a seat between Jamie and Austin, "Serve yourself guys."
Everyone impatient loaded their played with food like they hadn't eaten in years and began to stuff their faces.
"This is so fucking good, Autumn. Thank you so much," Tino said with a mouth full of food.
"Yeah dude, where did your learn to cook like this?" Alan asked.
"Its my mamas special recipe," I replied taking a mouth full of pasta.
"Well you're definitely wife material," Tino said, winking at me. I laughed and shook my head, slightly blushing.
After everyone was done eating I collected all the plates and made my eat to the sink. "Let me help you," Austin said placing his hands on my hips and slightly pushing me out of the way so he could start loading the dishwasher.
"Thank you," I said heading back to the table to out away the leftover food.
After we were all done cleaning up I poured myself another glass of wine and went to join everyone else lounging in the living room.
"Thanks for dinner Aumi," Austin whispered in my ears, pulling me into his lap, almost making me spill my wine.
"Not a problem," I said trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.
He pulled me closer against him and tested his head on my shoulder. "I missed my best friend. Can I stay with you tonight?"
I smiled leaving back against him. "Of course you can. I'm sure Lola will appreciate your cuddles. She gets so excited when you skype me."
Austin gasped, "WHERE IS LOLA?!"
I sighed at his reaction before getting up out of his grip. "She's tied up outside. I'll go get her. "
I skipped to the back door and pulled it open. "You want to see Austin," I cooed unhooking her from her runner as she jumped up and down, barking loudly.
She sprinted inside a I ran after her. I walked into the living room and watched as she covered Austin's face in kisses. I couldn't ask for a better life. At this moment in time, my life was perfect.
Austin looked up and smiled at me and I smiled back.